Urban Decay The Black Palette

Urban Decay The Black Palette
UD Black PaletteThe Black PaletteThe Black PaletteUrban Decay Vert & LibertineThe Black Palette

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/15/2011 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette! This is a beautiful color and a must have for smoky eyes. The colors are very dark and pigmented. It is important to keep in mind that this is color eyeshadow dipped in black, so it is meant to be black with some color for dimension. Eden will help hold the eyeshadow but it makes it rather flat, so I don't recommend using it with Eden. I found that the colors are beautiful and extremely colorful with Kat Von D's smoky primer. The primer picks up the colors so well, and the eyeshadows become exactly like they look in the pan so jewel tones of green, purple, blue, etc. So definitely use it with that primer

on 3/5/2011 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

If i ever need to I will rebuy this product. I love this palette. I got it as a birthday present. I was kind of worried when i first ordered it that the colors would be chalky or would be too dark, but once i opened it I was shocked. They are amazingly pigmented. I doubt you could easily dupe these with other brands.
I love that a UDPP is included as well as a 24/7 eyeliner. I had not tried either. I can say I will forever have my eye primer product. I dont know so much about the eyeliner. I like mine to be on my waterline and gel seems to be the only product that doesnt move alot. I can say i wore it for 13 hours today after it was set with a shadow and it only smudged 2. I was impressed. I love this Palette and cant wait to buy more.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

So this is my FIRST Urban Decay product I have received. I got this as a Christmas gift from the fiance, and am glad I did =) This product really did swept me off my feet <3
The price is seriously NOT BAD. I say not bad, because you get 6 eyeshadows, which are fairly big, so it wasn't too steep. Plus, you get a 24/7 eyeliner (trial size) and an UDPP, which is also an added bonus (trial size as well). Too bad it's Limited Edition though =(
Packaging quality is good. It's magnetic. How much better can it get? It snaps shut, stays shut. Perfectly secure.
Overall? I LOVE it! I love black. So this is true love for me. This palette is perfect for achieving that smokey eye look. They are also intensely pigmented. How many shadows are really that smooth? These glide on like silk on to your eyes. Even MAC can't beat these eyeshadows.
I wouldn't recommended it for those of you who constantly wear the daytime look, or those of you who are "shy" to wear a more dramatic look. These are dramatic and not for the shy.
I would buy this again. I love it!

on 2/27/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love this palette.....it will be a great crease palette to grab for or a dark lid fadded into a lighter color on the crease!

on 2/25/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this palette! Out of all the palettes I own, I reach for this a majority of the time.The matte black is the best I've ever tried for blendability and of course urban decay's pigmentation is is awesome. I prefer the matte black in this palette over MAC's carbon and over urban decay's own perversion which is part of the permanent line.

If you're not into dark makeup, I'd skip this palette and just buy a good matte black; however, I love dark, smoky looks, so I use this palette regularly. Awesome stuff. Would defiantely buy again.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I actually did not purchase this but saw it in the store-nothing to write home about. resembles the old Smashbox smokey eye palette, which I still have. Thats why I didn't bother purchasing this item.

on 2/15/2011 6:51:00 PM

I bought this because I wanted a palette that i could do dark, smoky looks with. This palette is certainly good for this purpose. The colors are lovely in the pan but the are very back based and tend to come out more on the black side. Using them over fyrinnae's pixie epoxy helps the colors to comes through.Their texture is nice and for the most part I have been using the shadows over crease colors to help define the outer corners of my eyes. I like the 24/7 liners so, even though I have a few from other palettes, I will use the zero pencil that come with this. The mini primer potion in eden is nice, but I find that it does not prevent creasing as well as the original formula. While I enjoy this palette and will use it I don't think I like it enough to repurchase it.

on 2/11/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! I purchased it to use as eyeliners and not eyeshadow and it works awesome with the dark variety of colors. Colors in the palette are: Black Dog (black matte), Barracuda (black w/silver sparkly shift - which basically makes it look gray), Sabbath (black w/blue sparkly shift), Jet (black w/purple sparkly shift), Cobra (black w/gold sparkly shift), Libertine (black w/emerald sparkly shift) PROS: richly pigmented and easy to use as eyeliner; product lasts FOREVER since I'm using it as an eyeliner (I've been using it for 2 months now and there are no dips in any color); the sparkly shift and the color really does come out when I use it as a liner; bonus items of 2 minis UDPP in Eden and 24/7 pencil in Zero (black); price. CONS: I don't use the mini UDPP and 24/7 (but they were great to swap out); Barracuda (the gray) makes my eyes look small (something about how the pigment/sparkle reflects in light for me); Sephora Exclusive (meaning Sephora is the only place you can find this item); price. *So how is the price a pro and a con. Well, $36 is expensive - HOWEVER, if you buy/love/wear UD eyeshadow anyways - their regular shadow pot is .05 oz at $17 each and in this palette you get .01 oz less (these are .04 oz each) and you get 6 colors (plus the 2 minis). So, you could get 6 of the regular sized eyeshadow for $102 and not include the 2 mini items or $36 for .06 oz less of eyeshadow and a mini UDPP and mini 24/7 pencil. So, in the end, I see this as an excellent deal. I would definitely buy it again but I don't think I will need to in my entire lifetime! :)

on 2/7/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can't figure out how I feel about this Palette yet. The colors look AMAZING in the pan, then you use them and you're not sure. I wish Jet (the purple-black) had more purple to it, rather it shows up quite black. I'm a little nervous to use the Sabbath & Libertine as I feel these colors may make me look washed out. Black dog is a nice matte back that I like to use blend up into the Jet & Cobra. I gave the eyeliner away because for me, it doesn't stay well at all. The UDPP works like a charm and I'm glad it came with, but damnit, I'm still stuck on Jet not being as pigmented as I'd hoped. I haven't given up yet, I like a challenge!

on 2/4/2011 3:48:00 PM

I got this palette for Christmas, and I love it to death.
Black Dog is the perfect matte black, it's incredibly easy to work with, especially compared to UD's Oil Slick, which is a nightmare to blend.
I love wearing Barracuda all over my lid with Black Dog in the crease. I love it, it's a totally dramatic look that makes my eyes pop from behind glasses.
Jet is okay, but I expected it to be a bit brighter than it was, it was just a little too blackened, but it can definitely be used.
Sabbath is pretty and very unique, but it's the one shadow I've used the least because I just don't wear blues a lot. It's a great one though, not too black.
Cobra is okay. That's just it. It is what it is.
Not going to lie, but Libertine (at least mine) was complete shit. It's a black eye shadow. It falls apart. And when you get to a certain point in the pan, there's not even any green at all. It's disgraceful for Urban Decay.
But I did get a Zero liner with this palette, which I was in desperate need of. And you do get a travel-sized bottle of Eden primer with this palette. So for a liner, a primer, and at least 3 GREAT eyeshadows, this is worth it to me.