essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

on 5/30/2014 4:11:00 PM

Overall, I'd say nothing to write home about, but it's worth the couple dollars to give this brow gel a try.

I love that it leaves my brows looking very natural and well-groomed, my brows almost look...dewy? Shiny, but in a nice, healthy hair way. It never makes them crispy, crunchy and it doesn't leave a film or white cast like many of the gels I've used.

However, I think I'll try a different brow gel when I use this one up. While I like my finished brow look well enough, it doesn't have the best lasting power, making for some unruly brows towards the end of the day. Not only does the applicator spoolie have too flimsy and thin of bristles to comb my brows properly, it delivers too much of extremely wet formula. If I don't take the time to carefully apply a small amount to another brow spoolie, I end up with sad looking, soggy eyebrows and my brow powder smeared around onto my brow bone and forehead. In addition, I'm not a fan of the clear plastic packaging. It reminds me of play-makeup you would give to a young child.

All in all, I'll finish this tube up, but I'll be looking forward to finding a gel that works for me. (If this one and the clear Anastasia brow gel had a love child, it would be perfect, but this one needs to get its act together, and Anastasia needs to quit being so flaky)

on 5/18/2014 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite clear mascara for taming my very unruly brows. I don't fill them in but somehow they always tend to go all wonky and random hairs are askew.....this gel really helps set them in place. My only complaint would be that it is a little to wet and shiny, but a quick swipe over with a tissue seems to fix that. It lasts all day with no flaking.

on 5/4/2014 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am still on the hunt for a perfect dupe for Anastasia brow gel. This is pretty close so far. Not the extreme holding power of Anastasia, but it's better than Maybelline Clear mascara. I got no flaking or weird residue as some others were describing.

It does go on wet and takes a minute to dry unlike Anastasia. I don't think anyone is ever going to beat that company's brow gel, lol. I will keep looking, but this is a go for me.

on 4/13/2014 9:10:00 AM

Don't have any other product to compare this to but It really impressed me in terms of how long it made my brows stay put for a whole day. This retails for under $5 AUD and my local pharmacy had a 40% off sale so it was not a huge dent in my pocket if it wasn't good but it was. Will definitely repurchase and recommend and I'm happy to be one of many ladies who agree it is great value. x

on 2/19/2014 7:08:00 PM

A very inexpensive product that is great for taming unruly hairs such as brows and baby hairs without leaving any crustiness or colour. It is however useless on the lashes as it weighs it down and actually uncurls any curlings on the lashes. Do not purchase it for use as a clear mascara, you will be disappointed.
The mascara brush is great for brushing through hairs. Will recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product does help my brows stay in place for a while, however my brow hairs are so thick that I don't think anything could tame them sometimes. I would repurchase this product though as it's so cheap and I'm pretty sure all the expensive brands would do exactly the same job as this.

on 10/25/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best and the cheapest brow gel ever! Why I only give 4 stars is because the time it takes for the product to dry is too long. I guess that's my only complaint. Would definitely recommend this, though!

on 10/22/2013 12:22:00 AM

Very cheap and does the job! I have thick brows but this makes my brow look groomed and thin. Love this product. Will keep buying this.

on 9/26/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for the past few years as a brow gel to set my brows. It works great & you can't beat the price. I've noticed this time that the mascara is more wet than it's been in the past. IDK if they changed the formula or whatever, but I just wipe the excess off the brush & swipe it through my brows. I don't feel like I'm wasting product by doing that because it's so inexpensive anyway. For me, brow gel is something that I'll get the cheapest thing out there because it's not like it really makes a difference if you spend $2.00 or $10. Might as well save the money!

on 2/3/2013 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

It's a good gel, that sets my eyebrows and lashes in place. It's pretty sticky, but if you letit dry for a few minutes, it's OK.