Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.9

on 6/20/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: Knocking my rating down to a 3. The cap has now broken off of at least three of these, making them unusable. It's very frustrating and a waste of money. The product is good but the packaging sucks. Blah.

ORIGINAL: I'm on my fifth or sixth tube of this gem, with my next one already purchased and ready to go once it's finished. I was previously using E.L.F. Brow Mascara and thought that was the greatest thing ever, but this one by Essence definitely takes first prize. I'm spending about two dollars more on Essence than on E.L.F., but it's still only $2.99 or something. It keeps my brows in place all day without any stickiness or flaking. That's pretty much all I want in a brow gel, and Essence delivers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Before this I was just using a spray gel from herbal essences & a brow spoolie, which didn't really keeps brows in place at all. This was only $2.99 & works great. At first I noticed it was quite wet, but I think I was using too much because I haven't had that problem since. Keeps my brows in place and I haven't noticed any flaking. Great product!

on 4/3/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this product only to set brows.

Pros:
- Non flaky
- Doesn't make eyebrows feel crispy
- Odorless
- The packaging is not bad
- Cheap

Cons:
- I don't think it keeps brows in place all day
- Feels somewhat wet

I don't have thick or unruly eyebrows so I think I'll repurchase.

on 2/18/2013 7:39:00 PM

Love this product! Goes on nice dries fast no stickiness. Keeps my eyebrows looking good all day. Was gonna get maybelline great lash mascara in clear to use on my eyebrows but when I saw this stuff was only $2.99 figured I'd try it. One of my faves so far this year.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Wow, I can't believe this has such great reviews...
As a mascara, I don't like it. It makes my eyelashes clump together & it doesn't hold a curl. However, I knew it wouldn't work as a mascara. I got it mainly for the brow aspect.

It doesn't do very well at holding my brows. It's just not strong enough. And when I use it it leaves a grey residue on my eyebrows.

Disappointed. I guess I'll go back to using hairspray to hold my eyebrows...

on 9/24/2012 10:00:00 AM

I was really skeptical when i first got this product.A makeup youtube guru from EU was speaking alot about this gel.
I was skeptikal more becouse i dont use/like cheap products and i dont trust Essence.But this clear gel is really amazing!
I have really dark brows so i dont need to fill them.I use this gel from more then 3months and the tub is not even half.
After long time use i dont have any complain.This is the best ever for taming unruly eyebrows,is also
very cheap and is really doing a nice job.The best!!!!

on 9/11/2012 10:28:00 PM

I think there are only a couple brands that carry clear mascara/brow gel on its own in Canadian drugstores, Maybelline and now Essence. For $3, you can't go wrong. For brows, only a small amount of product is needed and this does not dispense too much on the brush. It did a very good job at grooming my brows without diluting my penciling and left my brows very soft. Another Essence product that is now a staple in my cosmetics.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although the packaging looks nicer I don't think this holds my brows in place as well as the e.l.f. 1$ clear brow gel. Would not repurchase.

on 4/5/2012 1:17:00 PM

Love this! Super inexpensive, perfect amount of hold with no flaking or crustiness. Just a tip: I run a clean spoolie through my eyebrows after applying this just to take away any excess I may have applied. Will definitely be repurchasing, especially as it is now readily available at Shopper's Drugmarts in Canada! x

i prefer this compared to the mac one. That's it. Perfect and cheap!