Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.8

on 8/22/2016 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if i like it or not. The formula is terrible. It is just too watery. it takes long to dry. This really has fixation and keeps eyebrows in shape, but you have to be carefull until is dry. Also if you apply brow powder, pomade or pencil it will wash a little bit of the color. And there is a lot product of the brush.
Won't buy this again.

on 6/12/2016 12:38:00 AM

I only use this product as a brow gel as I have no interest in using clear mascaras so cannot comment about how well it does on the lashes, but as a brow gel I am extremely impressed. I have fairly thick brows which are very dark and the lash hairs are quite long as well. Some have a tendency to curl too, so I needed a product that would keep them in place all day without making them look over-done or shiny. The Essence Brow Gel is a clear product which dries to a matte finish. It does not take long for the product to dry, maybe a minute or too, and once it has dried your lashes will stay in place. The gel dries clear and does not make your brows feel heavy or crunchy. They feel and look very natural. This brow gel also lasts through the rain which is good, though I wouldn't consider it to be completely waterproof. I really like the brush as the brush itself is quite long, but the bristles are quite short and stiff. The brush is really good at assisting you in shaping your brows neatly. This product is also ridiculously cheap which is a huge bonus. I will definitely be finishing this tube and repurchasing, this brow gel should be a must have for girls who just need to tidy their brows without needing more coverage or colour. Another great product from Essence.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use a clear brow gel every day (with or without powder), so it's essential to my routine, but I don't want to pay a lot of money for such a boring product. This one is great primarily because it's inexpensive.
The applicator can pick up globs of gel, so it's a good idea to wipe it on the lip of the tube before applying. The brush is pretty big but easy to use, and it takes a while to dry. Once it is dry, though, I find that it holds my brows in place all day. There isn't much that's exciting about it, but it gets the job done. I can't see this doing anything for lashes, though.

on 2/18/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, I have been using it for five years. So basic, yet so good. Plus it is inexpensive and it does what it says.

I don't do anything to my brows makeup-wise. I only use this product because my brows are quite thick and unruly and I need something to tame them and make them look polished. This clear gel does the job perfectly without breaking the bank.

*it always holds my brows in place even if there is a downpour outside (I live in London and this proved to be the true test for the holding power of this product and it passed it successfully!)
*it is truly clear and transparent; it does not have any white-ish or grey-ish cast
* it is not extremely wet and it does not leave the brows looking overly shiny or greasy
* when it dries down, it does not leave my brows with any white flakes/streaks (my previous clear brow gel used to do that after a couple of hours)

I have tried this product on my lashes and it did nothing, I did not notice any change/ lash definition. But my brow experience was the complete opposite.

So, if you want to an excellent gel to set your brows, which is very cheap, you should try this!

on 2/7/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didnt like this product cause the result wasn't longlasting.Not a good staying powder....definitely not buying again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT ! Personally I only use it to keep my brows in shape after I do them, because I hate finding stray brow hairs have been sticking out during the day.

Pros:
ALWAYS keeps brows in place ALL DAY
Totally clear, can't even tell its there when it dries
There's heaps in the bottle, over 150 uses I'd say

Cons: it has never ever bothered me, but when your it dries and you touch your brow, you can feel it's there slightly, and if you put too much on you might feel it when you move your brows up and down, but that's kinda to be expected with brow gel.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging broke about a week in when I was putting the wand back in the container.

The gel itself isn't anything special. It stays wet for about an hour on me, doesn't hold my brows in place at all. For me, it's basically like putting water on my brows. I'm throwing it away and will never repurchase.

ETA: The packaging actually broke twice -- the twisty part of the cap and the wand. Completely useless. I'd rather pay for the Anastasia one that works better and the packaging is great.

on 2/11/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I have tried a few clear or tinted brow gels, and now that I've used this, I think this will become my mainstay--unless they discontinue it. I used an Origins tinted gel for a while, but I found it looked goopy on my brows and flaked. Then I used Cover Girl's version for a long while, even though that tended to turn sort of opaque on my brows. I tolerated that because it held my brows in shape so well. But again, the flaking? Not a good look. Then on to Maybelline's version. It was OK, but the brush bristles seems not quite dense enough to control brow hairs. And then, ELF! Excellent price point, not really sure why one needs two brushes though. But then I realized that I ran through the tubes--which have very little product--very quickly. This is over-packaging, to me, and I don't like this. So finally, the Essence. I've been trying a few other products of this bargain line at Ulta, and so far, with judicious purchases, I haven't been disappointed. This gel dries clear, doesn't flake, has no scent, the brush is good for depositing enough gel and brushing through the brows, and you get a good amount of product in the tube. It comes in a utilitarian clear tube, and I'm fine with that. I'd rather pay for a good product in a boring package, than pay for a brand's advertising budget via their absurd packaging, that will be thrown away in the end. Now, if only this brand could offer a few matte eyeshadows...

on 11/29/2014 10:49:00 AM

This is the only brow gel that I'll use. I have repurchased it 3 or 4 times and I will probably never stop, haha. It keeps my brows in place all day, and unlike a lot of other brow gels, it doesn't make my brows look wet, it dries nicely. Some people are complaining about the packaging looking cheap, but you get what you pay for. I personally don't care if the packaging looks cheap, because a) nobody but me is going to see it, b) it's sturdy, and the brush is nice, and c) the product is amazingly inexpensive, so I'll sacrifice packaging appearance for an awesome, inexpensive product. Overall amazing Brow gel

on 11/16/2014 8:16:00 AM

I used this gel 3 years ago. I bought it because my brows are usually bushy and sometimes all over the place so I wanted something to give them a glow and keep them in place.
I do not use normal mascara so I thought this could be a great product also for my eyelashes- to make them look longer and nicer without applying normal mascara.
This gel does the job, the only problem is that my eyes looked like I cried the whole day.
So, I used it for my brows for a short time but then I gave it to someone else because it smelled like alcohol and I decided that is not a ''must have'' product for me.
It is nice but I don't need it.