Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

3.9

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] TRIBEHENIN PEG-20 ESTERS [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] CYCLOHEXASILOXANE [] GLYCERIN [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] DIMETHICONE [] IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] CHOLESTEROL [] TREHALOSE [] HYDROXYPROLINE [] PROLINE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] PHYTANTRIOL [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] ACRYLATES COPOLYMER [] LINOLEIC ACID [] DIMETHICONOL [] PEG-8 [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] GLYCINE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] ASCORBIC ACID [] XANTHAN GUM [] SODIUM CITRATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL

on 4/30/2013 11:36:00 AM

Purchased to use as a moisturizer/primer under the new long wear finish compact foundation (at the makeup artisits suggestion). Has a strong herbal smell, and applies nicely. However, after using a few times, it caused breakouts (and I very rarely get a pimple).

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to like this since gel creams are my favorite form of hydrators/moisturizers. This applies quite easily and absorbs rather quickly however it leaves my skin so shiny that I *look* like I applied a layer of vaseline - though it doesn't feel greasy. In fact it leaves my face feeling quite good Overall, I can't recommend this because of the grease-slick look and that's also the reason I rated it only 3 out of 5. I wanted to really like it but in the final analysis it's only a bit above average.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This left my face feeling really soft and hydrated but after 30 minutes I had to wash it off. I am very sensitive to smells and this cream had a very strong unpleasant odor. It smelled like dirty gym socks to me and it lingered until I couldn't stand it anymore. Glad it was a sample so I didn't have to deal with returning the product.

I really love this moisturizer. I usually only buy my eyeshadows from BB, but I got a sample and really liked it. I am now on my second jar, because it works so well for my combination/oily skin. It smells pleasant, doesn't cause breakouts, and leaves my skin feeling moisturized and dewy. I don't really like the packaging, hence the four stars.

on 2/25/2013 9:24:00 PM

This was a sample I got when I was getting Pretty Powerful signed by Bobbi in September and I just chucked it in my bag thought "Oh this is nice, but I'm not sure if I would use it since I have bountiful amounts of creams"

Fast forward to December, Texas weather is constantly changing and it was dry and cold as can be and I didn't feel like using my primer. So I couldn't find my "good occasion" gel moisturizer I looked for this one and... it feels pretty nice actually.

Now I blend it with my liquid makeup to give it that nice dewy glow, and for some reason I really like this smell it's not offensive, it smells like there's like a white pepper scent to it? It's light, you might not tell.

Good thing is, it doesn't break me out, especially weird since it comes in a jar and they're not the most hygenic. I like the way it feels, it's light, can be used for any skin type just have to apply it right! Not really sure if I can speak for the tender-skinned because I don't have sensitive skin but most Bobbi products don't bother people. I use it underneath my makeup, swirl it in with liquid base. Done. Healthy skin.

If you're looking for some miracle properties in this, skip it unless you just need some good hydration. I'm glad I got this as a sample 'cause I cannot afford a full size. haha.

on 2/9/2013 10:26:00 AM

Great product. Hydrates my skin without leaving it greasy. Perfect way to prime my face before applying makeup. Though expensive, it lasts for a long time, as I need only use a small amount to moisturise my entire face. Also very gentle on my sensitive skin.

on 1/25/2013 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a gift and have been using it off and on, mainly when I need extra hydration. I wake up with great skin that's hydrated but not greasy. It also seems to calm down my redness. Agree with other reviewers about tube packaging being more hygienic, but it sure is a pretty jar. Expensive, too. It has a distinctive scent that's a lot like the Kiehl's Cryste Marine which I also like, but which I think is discontinued.

Overall, a 4 rating. And yes, if I had $40 to burn, I'd buy it again.

on 5/14/2012 1:12:00 AM

Love this moisturizer for my dry/dehydrated skin - it has really done wonders in terms of calming my skin down and reducing breakouts. It also works as a great foundation primer to thumbs up to that. The packaging could use a tune up, I don't like having to stick my fingers in the little container, its neither comfortable nor convenient - what is it about putting things in a pump container that is so difficult for so many manufacturers?? Don't they know it would make our lives so much easier? Anyway, that's all that I have to rant about with this product. Other than, of course, I wish it was cheaper - BB products are muy expensivo but if it works, it works!

I liked the original version of this and have used in the past as a 'winter' cream, so when the gel cream version just came out in the UK in time for summer i thought it was just what i needed for my combo skin. But it just looks quite greasy and shiny on me, and the intense fragrance really irratated my sensitive skin. I have a little redness around the sides of my nose and after a few mins of applying this cream the redness did get worse. Foundation didnt go on as well over it as when i use my clarins cream. Back to clinique's dramatically different moisturing gel-cream for me for summer, never lets me down :)

on 11/4/2011 3:29:00 AM

Love the texture. Perfect for combo skin. Skin feels silky smooth after. Works as a primer. Slightly scented, lovely. Will buy again.