MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner

MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner
Superslick Liquid LinerSuperslick Liquid Liner

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This liquid liners came out in August 2010 with the Fabulous Felines collection. Retailing at $17.50 each, you get a choice of 9 very stunning shades in a super easy to use marker/ type pen. Easy to put on and get a great line. Downside.... The product flakes off in chunks, and smudges. So much for a lasting liquid liner. I picked up Definately feline, a dark brown with a metallic hint to it that really doesnt show up on the eyes, Desires and Devices, a olivey shade that also doesnt really show the olive color on the lid, and Treat Me Nice, a bright true green. I returned the olive and brown. Too similiar to other things and the quality is just isnt there. Kept the bright green since the color is different but overall this formula is a miss for me.

on 9/4/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought 4 of these last week--got the gold one (Pure Show), the green one (Treat Me Nice), the brown one (can't remember the name) and the purple one (Smoky Heir). I love all of them. I am horrible at applying liquid eyeliner and usually stick to the Fluidlines and an angled brush if I want a winged-out eyeliner look, but these help immensely and are gorgeous. I have oliy lids and I use a primer, so I have no issues with these slipping off my eyelids. It takes a bit of practice to get used to it (personally...like I said I'm horrible with liquid eyeliner but if you're already a pro I imagine these would already be easy for you to use) but they are gorgeous and last all day. There was a teensy bit of flaking but nothing majorly noticeable. Removal is also super easy and does not leave you with a ton of product buildup underneath your eyes. Also I recommend curling your eyelashes before applying these just to make sure you get the line as precise as possible and making sure you don't ruin it with the eyelash curler. I haven't tried MAC's LiquidLast so I can't compare, but so far these have been the best liquid liners I have tried.

on 9/2/2010 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this liner, I got on the hunt and the blue one. Its pretty small but I have others to fall back on. I would not recommend this for oily lids, the only exception is if you use a good lid primer. My MUA explained the application technique, u have to really slant it for the best application. If you are just starting to use liquid liners and have not perfected your application stay away from this guy. Remove it with a warm washcloth rather than makeup remover, to reduce rubbing....bcos it flakes off, which may be a put off to some. I also like that it looks like patent leather lol.

on 8/29/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought 2 of these, and they are both going back. I don't like this Superslick liner at all, even though I tried really hard to. I think this is an improvement over MAC's last attempt at a pen liner, but this one still misses the mark. The formula is too wet and runny, and it makes a big margin for errors. When you try to fix the errors, the line becomes too thick and messy; and once it dries, it doesn't budge. The formula is similar to MAC's Liquidlast liners in its ability to hold on tight to your skin-- AND your surrounding lashes. If you try to curl your eyelashes after this stuff runs onto them-- OUCH! It causes your lashes to stick to your eyelash curler and there is the risk of yanking some off. Even if you don't curl your lashes and this stuff leaches onto them, it makes your mascara go on clumpy in those spots. (I hate having clumps on my lashes.) Removing this stuff at night is no picnic, either. The liner seemed to break into pieces, and I had black, stringy particles all over my eye area. Best way to describe this is for anyone familiar with that tube mascara.... the mascara that forms little tubes on your lashes, making them waterproof? Well, to remove that "tube" mascara, you have to hold a warm washcloth over your eyes and "melt" the tubes off. Well, I recommend that technique for this Superslick Liner, too, because if you try to wipe it off with eye makeup remover and a cotton pad... that is when it breaks into pieces and migrates around your eye area, making a BIG mess. I am very disappointed in this product, and I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone. Oh, it swatches beautifully on the back of your hand... but try lining your eyes with it- that's the tricky part! The only reason I gave this a "2" instead of a "1" is because, at least this liner glides over your eyeshadow without fading out- unlike that Penultimate crapola I bought a few years ago. At least the Superslick doesn't dry out after a few uses over eyeshadow, and it makes a nice, deep, line without fading. BUT- it is also messy because of how wet it is. This stuff actually dripped on my shirt today during application (I don't even know how), but I doubt it will wash out... so I also ruined a perfectly good shirt today, thanks to Superslick. It also gets all over your fingers if you are not careful. If you buy this, good-luck with it. If you have no problems with it, lucky you! Wish I could say the same...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great product! MAC came out with 9 of these beauties as a part of their fall collection and I couldn't be loving them more. Great color pay-off, awesome shades, easy to use felt tip applicator, great wear and are easily removed. While they aren't quite as long wearing as their liquidlast liners (which stay on through sweat, tears, and Biblical rain), they're much much easier to work with and aren't a bitch to remove. It's a pretty wet product and can feel pretty funny on for the first 45 seconds after you apply them, but once dry they're smudge proof and the color lasts all day. Fluidliners and UD 24/7 liners both get a bit smudgy on me after 5-6 hours, but this never seems to revert back to its soft gel stage. It can however start to flake off a bit if you have oily skin, but if you avoid touching your eyes it will still stay nearly perfect as it seems like it takes a combination of oil (either from your skin or your makeup remover) and friction to really start to flake off. That only seems to occur after a good 6-8 hours of wear though so I'm pretty happy. Washes off easily just using a bit of MU remover (any kind should work just fine) and a wash cloth. Oh and just like nearly all liquids, it's useless on the waterline. Still, I really like this addition to MAC's line. Hope they make these permanent and release more shades in future collections!