MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner

MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner
Superslick Liquid LinerSuperslick Liquid Liner

3.4

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I want to love these eyeliners but it has failed me. I got the Signature Blue...color was awesome, but I hate hate the felt tip & consistency. It is smudge proof but it is still not worth the price. ln addition, I think it is too expensive for the small package it comes into. Better off to get the MAC Fluidlines or Bobbi Brown gel liners.

on 10/1/2010 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love love love these liners. I first got Desires and Devices (the dark green one). It was amazing. Beautiful colour. The brush is excellent, which makes the application so easy. The staying power is excellent. It makes me go back to MAC and bought Defiantly Feline (the brown bronze one), which I love as well! Good stuff! Shame it's limited edition.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I LOVE the new Superslick liners. They are hands down my most favorite liquid eyeliner. The brush is phenomenal and makes application effortless. The formula is great and lasts forever and does not smudge. They are easy to get off with cleanse off oil. I cannot stand the Liquid Last Liners, these are MUCH MUCH MUCH better. The colors are amazing and gorgeous.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! They are easy to apply, beautiful colors, and last all day...no smudging or flaking for me. I bought them in Signature blue, marked for beauty and olive green one. Just wish they were alittle cheaper, I had to buy back ups because they're LEs.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have tried really hard this last month to like these liners. I purchased four of the nine liners: Signature Blue, Smoky Heir, Treat Me Nice, and Marked for Glamour. The colors are beautiful, but it's the formula that I really don't like.

These are very watery, thin liners with a spongy, felt-like applicator. The MUA at MAC told me it wasn't quite a felt-tip, but some proprietary material MAC was working on. I'm not sure that was correct, since these liners are identical to Illamasqua's Precision Ink liners in Alchemy (Pure Show) and Abyss (On the Hunt). They claim to be waterproof and smudge-proof.

Application:

When applying these with the applicator, I found that it is difficult to get a thin, delicate line vs a thicker, bold line. I also found that the product is very "slippery" and while it sticks to the skin, it takes several passes to get the opacity I want. In making those passes, the product tends to shift and pull off. Also, when applying this with the applicator, I found that a ton of product ended up on my lashes.

In applying it with any of several brushes I tried, I found that the product absorbs into brush hairs very quickly and you end up using much more product than you should need. Using a brush to apply the liner helped a bit with getting it on my lashes, but did not rectify my other application complaints.

Wear:

These wear fine unless you touch them. At some point during the day, they inevitably make my eyes itch a little and I end up tapping at them with my finger. This makes the product "roll" off of my skin. It isn't difficult to remove, since it just takes some gentle rubbing to remove it almost entirely.

I'm returning these. I'll exchange two of them for Nocturnal and Pure Show, since I can deal with the persnickety application for the few times I would use bright silver or gold liner. For ever day, these liners just did not work for me.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought three of these - Signature Blue, Desires and Devices and Pure Show. I really do like them. The felt tip is really easy to use, and even though it is watery, I find them very very pigmented. It is truly waterproof, it lasts the whole day even on my oily lids. Removal is easy too with the two phase waterproof eye makeup removals.
However, I also came across very very similar eyeliners from MaxFactor !!They are called Colour X-pert Waterproof Eyeliner. The tube is exactly the same like MAC's, and the felt tip too. I live in Germany, and see these at the drug stores for like 6plus Euros. That is a steal compared to 19Euros for the MAC ones. The black one is a perfect dupe for MAC's On the hunt. But otherwise, they do not have the other colors like MAC has. Max Factor instead has metallic turquoise, purple and grey colors, which are also very pretty. I bought the black, turquoise and purple ones. It makes me feels sometimes I have 6 of these Superslick liners, becos the tubes look soooo similar. Wont be surprised if they both come from the same manufacturer.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought two of the Superslicks; On The Hunt (black) and Desires & Devices (dark green). So far, I've only used Desires & Devices.
I'm quite surprised that I like it as much as I do because I'm not really a fan of felt tip type liners, brushes are the way forward for me. I actually found this one surprisingly easy to use though. No skipping or tugging & I managed to make a neat, smooth line without any difficulty. You do have to wipe the tip against the side of the tube otherwise this would be a very messy experience, less is more with these liners.
Wear time was on a par with my Kat Von D Autograph liquid liner. Stayed on all day with no fading, smearing, flaking or smudging.
I was taking a chance with these liners, my eyelids are ridiculously sensitive & most liquid liners I've tried result in burning, stinging lids. Not so with the Superslick liner.
Desires & Devices is a gorgeous colour. It's dark but not as stark as black, looks very pretty with a neutral eye. Worked wonderfully with the Leopard Luxe quad from the Fabulous Felines collection.
The thought of removal made me a bit apprehensive. When I'd swatched these liners on my hand it took a serious amount of rubbing to remove, even with my Shu Uemura cleansing oil. A different story on my eyes, I gently massaged the cleansing oil in & the liner almost broke off in flakes. I actually liked that because it didn't smear the liner all around my eye so it was quicker & easier to remove.
Packaging isn't anything fancy but it is neat & slim. It seems quite sturdy too, I'd be happy to travel with this one. I like the fact that the tube is coloured to represent which liner colour you have. No need to dig around to check you have the right one.
I'm pleased with my purchase & would certainly take another look at some of the other shades available.

on 9/12/2010 7:47:00 AM

@msdi2u .. I completely agree with your review. The staying power is great, but its so watery you have to keep going over your line to get it opaque. If the product dare get on your lashes, your lashes will look like crooked thorns.

It's very easy to apply and it doesn't budge when you put it on, but GEEZ it flakes off. It also clumps up sometimes, but it just really annoyed me more that it flakes in clumps, too. I like liquidlast liner A LOT more even if it's harder to apply.

on 9/8/2010 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Very, very easy to apply. You just have to remove some excess like nail polish so it's not too wet and you don't over apply. The colors are also beautiful. I got the shimmery brown and shimmery gray, or silver. I hope these aren't limited edition because I can't wait to get more colors.