MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner

MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner
Superslick Liquid LinerSuperslick Liquid Liner

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It acts as a weird kind of mascara if the wand gets to close to my eyelashes, but it STAYS ON. The gold is a beautiful shade and the grey is really light so just check the color you buy.

on 5/26/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Defiantly feline which is a light brown. I don't really like the packaging as it gives a little too much product on the brush. However, it is relatively easy to apply, doesn't take more than 30 secs to draw a perfect line, doesn't smudge, the color is vibrant and it truly last all day. It comes off relatively easily with makeup remover and by some rubbing action. However, I don't think that I will buy again, I will try all the other brands before. See picture for a better idea.

on 5/16/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Man this doesn't come off. It's a runny liquid packed with glitter - don't really know where the pigment comes from, cause after the first or second swipe (before re-dipping, which I find necessary) it just lays down chunks of glitter bound together by something as clear as water. And then it dries to a tight and oppressive living hell. Well ok, it's not that bad. It stays on all day and night, times three, smudge-proof and budge-proof and bullet-proof and in a nutshell, when all else fails, this is still going strong. So it goes on wet and sticky, which is a little off-putting, but then it forms a kind of extremely strong film, which keeps it from moving and fading. Careful where you place it, because it clings to fine lines and tiny creases like no other. Now for color payoff, I have mixed feelings. It sure looks impressive on, with all that shine and gleam, but to this day I'm still in doubt about wether it's the glitter or the color that does it all. I have it in Nocturnal (silver), and when worn on its own it just looks like an off-white glittery paste. But I've also tried it over color, and I think that's an even worse idea. Over black for example (yes, I, like so many others, had tried out that Black Swan look for Halloween), it doesn't stand out at all - it just turns the black color more glittery, and it leaves a sort of odd transparent trace behind, which looks more like saliva, rather than a coherent and purposeful silver line. Oh well! Worked great for my costume and that's all I needed it for. Plus another time I used it on my lashes instead of white mascara, for another costume look. Yeah, don't try that. You'll want to shoot yourself in the eye to take it off, otherwise no oil/water/nuclear cleanser will.

Hi!
Pros:
-smudge proof (but you need to apply a primer first)
-staying power 100% (but you need to apply a primer first)
Cons:
-Expensive for a little quantity 1.8 ml, because it will eventually dry up even if you don't finish it

I will definitely purchase it again because of the quality. Even though it's expensive, I will still purchase it, because the other liquid eyeliners I've tried doesn't stay long even with a primer. :)

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is the only eyeliner that does not smudge on me. It stayed on all day and its my HG liner. Every other eyeliner,liquid or pencil, waterproof or not, smudge on me by mid day... ie Mac's fluid line, maybelline gel liner, revlon colorstay eyepencil etc. Not only that, it comes off super easy, no rubbing needed, it just flakes off with eye makeup remover.

I love the applicator, its a flexible, rubber like tip, very easy to apply a thin or thick line. I have it in defiantly feline - dark brown.

on 1/11/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I Got this a few days ago, and overall I am VERY pleased. I love the applicator most of all- it allows for a very thin, or thicker line. The formula is nice - it's pretty thin while still being VERY opaque. I wore it ALL day - literally 16 hours, and I do admit that there was a flaking, but seriously 16 hours? I expected that. It dries almost instantly, and for anyone that has problems with the gel liners, but wants something more durable than pencil liner GET THIS. You will LOVE it!
It is a little expensive for the amount you get but is worth every cent.

on 12/30/2010 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got it yesterday and was very surprise from the application of it. the application is very easy and you can make a very smooth line with it in no-time. this is the only product so far that i could do a smooth fine line with it and i am very pleased.
the only negative thing is the colors, they all metalics whice i dont really like, i think the black is mate but they didnt had it on stock - i got the brown one that have a little purple shine to it.

on 11/30/2010 12:58:00 PM

I held off on doing my review for this, as I didn't think I would use it much, but I have this in metallic grey (fabulous felines collection) and I LOVE it. I wasn't even going to buy one.

I had trouble using liquid liners previously, mostly because I didn't want to take much time applying it and most seem fiddly.

I personally don't have problems applying it, and aside from being slightly ticklish, the applicator is easy to use; it doesn't flake or clump on me at all. I love using glitter over it, while still damp (on Halloween I used it and nothing budged for 24 hours, until I took it off with oil based cleanser).

looking into getting a black one and a brown one in the future.

on 11/27/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Defiantly Feline. I was looking for a brown eyeliner and this was my first foray into liquids.

Pros: stays on all day!
Cons: Hard to apply

I think I'm used to my beloved Fluidline Blacktrack and this was my first experience with a liquid. Anyone who is a fan of liquids and better at their application than I am will probably like this as it is a great product!

on 10/7/2010 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought Marked for Glamour and was not much of a fan. Not sure if it is the color but it comes off really watery. When I try to build up the color it starts looking thicker then I would like. The consistency comes of to thin for my liking. For the price I would expect more. It does have staying power and lasts all day. Does not budge or smear once on.