MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner

MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner
Superslick Liquid LinerSuperslick Liquid Liner

3.4

I bought this because my wedding make up artist used this on me and all of my bridesmaids and it did not budge. After buying it, there are definitely pros and cons to this but for now, it is my go to eyeliner.

Pros:

Does not budge. I wear it with Nars primer and it stays on all day long. I have oily lids and teary eyes and usually by mid day, the tails of my winged eyeliner are always melted off. This is the ONLY eyeliner that keeps all day. I have tried many, many, different types of eyeliners, from gels to pencils to Japanese ones and this is the only one that stays on.

Intense color. The black is a true, shiny black in one stroke and it stays that way. It is not for the faint hearted or for those who are looking for a more watery black.

Cons:

Flakes off it I curl my eyelashes after I put it on. My usual routine is line my eyes, curl my lashes, and put on mascara. But I guess because I put my eyelash curler directly on my eyelid, the eyeliner flakes off with it. So now I just curl my lashes and put on mascara before I put this eyeliner.

Clumps in my lashes. I can't seem to figure out a way to get this on without clumping in my eyelashes. Now that I have changed up my routine, it is a little less of an issue but I hate clumpy lashes and this creates them. Every time.

Difficult to remove. As with any long wearing liner, this one is hard to remove. I use Sonia Kashuk eye make up remover but this liner doesn't like to come off on to the pad. Instead it first comes off my eyelid, migrates to my eyelashes, clumps in there before I have to ease it off my eyelash. Annoying.

Tough to apply. The liner comes in two pieces, with a twist of lid where the applicator is. The tip of the applicator is a cone rather than a calligraphy brush so it's almost impossible to get a very fine line like you can get with a Japanese eyeliner like K Palette's 24 hour tattoo.

Even though there are more cons on my list than pros, the fact that this eyeliner stays on all day is enough to trump all others. Given my skin type, eye shape, and teariness, this one beats out all the others just based on that fact.

dont buy this.

messy, clumpy, overpriced, poorly packaged

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was the worst liquid liner I've ever purchased. It does not last and can be rather flaky. There's no spill-stopper, I tipped the bottle over once and half of it spilled all over my table. After some use, the product dried around the seal, making it hard to open and close completely. The cap with the wand then started to crack. Terrible. I would highly recommend Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. Sadly I'm overseas and can't find it anywhere.

on 2/25/2017 10:50:00 PM

Awful stuff. Flakes and peels within moments. Love the colour brown but it is so bad.