MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner

Superslick Liquid LinerSuperslick Liquid Liner

3.4

on 1/22/2012 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was lucky enough to grab a bargain on ebay after hearing so many positive reviews on this liner. I got it for a bit more than 10 bucks (including shipping). What I love about this product: (1) does not smudge (2) precision of the brush - can draw thin and thick lines with ease (3) durability. However I do not adore the packaging - it looks alright but the plastic packaging feels somewhat cheap and flimsy (even compared to my bloom liquid eyeliner). That aside, I like the application and the brush.

However, I don't think I would repurchase unless if I can grab another bargain somewhere. I probably wouldn't pay more for it than what I did.

on 2/27/2012 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product, because I'm so loyal to MAC, despite some of the negative comments it gets from it's products, but I absolutely disliked this product, I have sensitive eyes (mainly my eyelid to liquid applicators), so it irritated my eyes, and caused them to swell and become red, I dislike the fact that when your run the liner again it smears off, pros to it's really pigmented

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the consistency on this product, and I find it more consistent than Stila's (maybe because I tried on the "try me" version of it). The brush allows you to make precise lining and doesnt smudge at all! Although it does get flaky at the end of the day. It dries quickly, and you can easily remove it by rubbing them with water. Me likey!

on 3/9/2012 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It flakes extremely easily so if you're not an expert at applying eyeliner, this is not for you. The consistency isn't smooth and don't even try to put eyeshadow on top; your liner will flake right off. But, the good thing about the flakiness is that it's super easy to remove. The lasting power is okay, I just can't get over how dry the formula is. Honestly, it was similar to a NYC eyeliner. The brush was easy to use and the colour was close to a true black.

I can't comment on price because my friend who works at MAC gave it to me to try when it was a "new product" and I honestly think it sucks.

on 3/9/2012 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Super Slick, it's over. I'm sorry, it's you and not me. I raved about this product several months ago because it was a) VERY easy to use b) long-lasting and c) seemed to be worth the $$. I've decided to change my review on this product because it's been flaking like crazy! I purchased a new tube of Liquid Last a few weeks ago and have been battling little flecks of black liner all the live long day. I even have to carry q-tips to swipe the flakes away! Even then, they don't wipe off. Super annoying and too much trouble for something that is so expensive now. I'll try something else.

This is a great eyeliner. It is pretty much idiot-proof, with the felt tip pen applicator you really can't go wrong. This eyeliner comes off so easily with makeup remover. I gave it a two for packaging because really... it sucks. The product gathers all around the lid and becomes extremely difficult to peel off. I do love this eyeliner though so I will continue to buy it. A little does got a long way!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this eyeliner. I used to use GOSH Extreme Art liner (very similar to the discontinued MAC Liquidlast that this replaced) but I hated the brush, and always found myself reaching for a different brush to apply.

This eyeliner has a very nice felt tip applicator that makes it really easy to get a perfect consistent line, thick or thin, and also a perfect wing. It lasts all day and night, I'm not proud of this, but I have worn it for 24 hours and it stayed on perfectly the whole time. I've also showered with this on and had it stay intact.

It does have a tendency to flake if you rub your eyes, but I don't, so I don't have any problems with it.

I have this is On The Hunt (black) and Pure Show (gold) and both colours are excellently executed. The black is dark, rich, inky, and slightly glossy in a very flattering way. The gold is extremely shimmery, without looking like very chunky glitter.

I use the gold one as an inner corner highlight product and an eyeshadow base (blend it out if you want to use it like that) and I use the black one everyday to line the top and bottom lash line, as well as wing out my liner and draw on my bottom eyelashes (I think that's an Asian thing).

on 10/2/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for an eyeliner that is really black/bold and stays on all day without smudging, flaking or wearing off. This MAC eyeliner does no such thing. It was what I was looking for! I get teary-eyed often, have really bad allergies, & dry skin, so I needed something that wouldn't disappear off of my face when a drop of liquid hit it. With this liner I can literally scrub my eyes with water in my hands & it will not come off. To get it off, you would need an oil base makeup remover (the MAC makeup wipes are great!). I wore it out to a party one night, got home & didn't take it off & the following morning I woke up with it still on my face looking as if I had just put it on. I love to do the wing-tip and cat-eye style on my eyes and this eyeliner makes it easy to do that. Though it is easy to do, I only wish the brush was skinner, because then it would really be PERFECT! But it is a great eyeliner anyway. Also, it was a little pricey. I paid $19.80 (including tax) for mine...hoping it was worth it, and it was! If it wasn't I would've just returned it. I've tried many other liquid eyeliners before breaking down for MAC & honestly, so far, nothing has compared to it. It sucks that sometimes the best things happen to be the most expensive, but you get what you pay for, right? ;) Bottom line...MAC IS THE TRUTH! So if you're looking for what I was looking for in an eyeliner, I would surely recommend this to you! :o)

on 12/11/2012 10:46:00 PM

Pretty fantastically black and stay-all-dang-day eye liner on my creaseless Asian lids, easily washing off at night. The wand is tricky though with zero bend and requires practice. I am glad I tried but my next purchase will be picking up my trusty Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liquid liner pen again; it has a more flexible tip making it much easier to use and lasts just as long.

on 12/27/2012 1:53:00 AM

Eyeliners & mascaras always smudge on my eyes (primers don't work!) so I've been avoiding using them for the longest time. But I recently found this liner again in my makeup drawer & decided to use it again. I was amazed that this didn't smudge for me AT ALL. Without primer too! However it is a bit wet after application so I have to take care for about 10-15 seconds or so, but after that, it really stays! I could feel how "stuck" it is when removing it so what I do is soaking my cotton pad with my eye makeup remover & pressing it on my lids for about 10 seconds.

I would definitely recommend people with the same problem of eye makeup smudging as me to try this. However for people who can make just about anything work, this may feel too hard/"stuck".