MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner

Superslick Liquid LinerSuperslick Liquid Liner

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have tried really hard this last month to like these liners. I purchased four of the nine liners: Signature Blue, Smoky Heir, Treat Me Nice, and Marked for Glamour. The colors are beautiful, but it's the formula that I really don't like.

These are very watery, thin liners with a spongy, felt-like applicator. The MUA at MAC told me it wasn't quite a felt-tip, but some proprietary material MAC was working on. I'm not sure that was correct, since these liners are identical to Illamasqua's Precision Ink liners in Alchemy (Pure Show) and Abyss (On the Hunt). They claim to be waterproof and smudge-proof.

Application:

When applying these with the applicator, I found that it is difficult to get a thin, delicate line vs a thicker, bold line. I also found that the product is very "slippery" and while it sticks to the skin, it takes several passes to get the opacity I want. In making those passes, the product tends to shift and pull off. Also, when applying this with the applicator, I found that a ton of product ended up on my lashes.

In applying it with any of several brushes I tried, I found that the product absorbs into brush hairs very quickly and you end up using much more product than you should need. Using a brush to apply the liner helped a bit with getting it on my lashes, but did not rectify my other application complaints.

Wear:

These wear fine unless you touch them. At some point during the day, they inevitably make my eyes itch a little and I end up tapping at them with my finger. This makes the product "roll" off of my skin. It isn't difficult to remove, since it just takes some gentle rubbing to remove it almost entirely.

I'm returning these. I'll exchange two of them for Nocturnal and Pure Show, since I can deal with the persnickety application for the few times I would use bright silver or gold liner. For ever day, these liners just did not work for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! They are easy to apply, beautiful colors, and last all day...no smudging or flaking for me. I bought them in Signature blue, marked for beauty and olive green one. Just wish they were alittle cheaper, I had to buy back ups because they're LEs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I LOVE the new Superslick liners. They are hands down my most favorite liquid eyeliner. The brush is phenomenal and makes application effortless. The formula is great and lasts forever and does not smudge. They are easy to get off with cleanse off oil. I cannot stand the Liquid Last Liners, these are MUCH MUCH MUCH better. The colors are amazing and gorgeous.

on 10/1/2010 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love love love these liners. I first got Desires and Devices (the dark green one). It was amazing. Beautiful colour. The brush is excellent, which makes the application so easy. The staying power is excellent. It makes me go back to MAC and bought Defiantly Feline (the brown bronze one), which I love as well! Good stuff! Shame it's limited edition.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I want to love these eyeliners but it has failed me. I got the Signature Blue...color was awesome, but I hate hate the felt tip & consistency. It is smudge proof but it is still not worth the price. ln addition, I think it is too expensive for the small package it comes into. Better off to get the MAC Fluidlines or Bobbi Brown gel liners.

on 10/7/2010 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought Marked for Glamour and was not much of a fan. Not sure if it is the color but it comes off really watery. When I try to build up the color it starts looking thicker then I would like. The consistency comes of to thin for my liking. For the price I would expect more. It does have staying power and lasts all day. Does not budge or smear once on.

on 11/27/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Defiantly Feline. I was looking for a brown eyeliner and this was my first foray into liquids.

Pros: stays on all day!
Cons: Hard to apply

I think I'm used to my beloved Fluidline Blacktrack and this was my first experience with a liquid. Anyone who is a fan of liquids and better at their application than I am will probably like this as it is a great product!

on 11/30/2010 12:58:00 PM

I held off on doing my review for this, as I didn't think I would use it much, but I have this in metallic grey (fabulous felines collection) and I LOVE it. I wasn't even going to buy one.

I had trouble using liquid liners previously, mostly because I didn't want to take much time applying it and most seem fiddly.

I personally don't have problems applying it, and aside from being slightly ticklish, the applicator is easy to use; it doesn't flake or clump on me at all. I love using glitter over it, while still damp (on Halloween I used it and nothing budged for 24 hours, until I took it off with oil based cleanser).

looking into getting a black one and a brown one in the future.

on 12/30/2010 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got it yesterday and was very surprise from the application of it. the application is very easy and you can make a very smooth line with it in no-time. this is the only product so far that i could do a smooth fine line with it and i am very pleased.
the only negative thing is the colors, they all metalics whice i dont really like, i think the black is mate but they didnt had it on stock - i got the brown one that have a little purple shine to it.

on 1/11/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I Got this a few days ago, and overall I am VERY pleased. I love the applicator most of all- it allows for a very thin, or thicker line. The formula is nice - it's pretty thin while still being VERY opaque. I wore it ALL day - literally 16 hours, and I do admit that there was a flaking, but seriously 16 hours? I expected that. It dries almost instantly, and for anyone that has problems with the gel liners, but wants something more durable than pencil liner GET THIS. You will LOVE it!
It is a little expensive for the amount you get but is worth every cent.