Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

on 3/3/2011 10:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this looking for an alternative to Clean and Clean Soft Day lotion which was discontinued. This did not work out for me. I like the scent and it seemed light enough for my oily skin and had the added bonus of an spf 15 but for some reason I break out every time I use it. I have not been breakout prone for a while so I am not sure what is going on with this product but whenever I use it a get a few small pimples on my chin area. I tried numerous times and always get the same results. Oddly the much thicker and greasier Olay 7 effects cream does not break me out. Oh well, this one is out for me. Will not repurchase.

on 3/3/2011 4:10:00 AM

i bought this after running out of my more expensive lancome moisturizer, and needed something cheap to hold me over for a while. It was the least expensive SPF moisturizer I could find in my local grocery store, including in the organic section.

I didn't really know what to expect, but the lotion quality is not bad at all - it hydrates quite well upon applying and has enough slip to rub into skin well. I've had no problems wearing makeup over it, though I do use a foundation primer. The smell is cucumbery and light. I really like the pump top.

My pores have seemed a bit more clogged than normal, especially on my nose. I can't say this is because of the moisturizer, but it is something I will keep an eye on. No drastic breakouts or rashes, though I do not have very sensitive skin in this regard. Overall I'm impressed for my impulse $7 purchase, though I wouldn't keep using this in place of other products.

on 3/3/2011 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've to admit that this product smells great, and the moment i apply it to my face, i feel good. but after 2 minutes, not so good any more. my face looks super oily and shining soon, i hate it. every time i use it, i have to put on makeup to cover the oily look up. also, it peels off soon, like damn dead skin peeling off. the price is attractive, but the quality is bad, boo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG HG HG!!!!! I saw the new moisture rescue line in magazines and was so happy that a new product from a drugstore did not cost $20 and Im so pleased with the quality this easily could sell for over 20 easily. It comes in a generous 4.5 with a pump for 7 bucks. I was more excited about trying the SPF formula cause I wear one everyday before I apply my makeup.This soaks in like a dream I already knew the first time I put this on my face that it was a very good one! It just felt different when putting it on. It did not feel heavy, my face just felt really good like as if I had given it a nice refreshing glass of water. It was like my face really needed it.It's hard to explain. And what I liked It is not a strong scent and I actually really like it a light cucumber scent. I love the pump bottle. I use about 2 small pumps to cover my whole face. It does not leave a white mask at all.I have tried Garnier products before a while ago and was dissapointed with them.This is a winner though!!! A new staple in my skincare routine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EDIT hmm idk Im not liking this as much as I though.This is to greasy for me and yucky so I have only been using one small pump of this idk how well this would keep up with me in the summer if this under my makeup.A few hours after my usual makeup application my face is more shiny and greasy with this.I'm not giving up on this yet I'm just going to use a smaller amount but I will be looking for something else for when the weather gets warmer.I wonder if the other one they have without the spf would be better suited for me.I can't belive they claim this is good under makeup. I would say if you have very dry skin maybe.I will continue using this occasonally if I get to dried out from my acne treatments since this didnt burn or sting my face. Im dropping this from a 5 overall rating to 3 now

It works for my cousin but not for me. My skin is a bit sensitive but I think it just hates Garnier products unfortunately :[

on 2/18/2011 12:06:00 AM

this stuff made me breakout and made me super oily! the smell wasn't overwhelming for me. but i guess fragrance adds more stuff in the mix that goes on your face. i switch to neutrogena oil-free moisure with spf 15 and like it so far.

I have sensitive skin and this just did not work for me. The scent was overwhelming and it lingered for quite a while. Also it never really dried - felt very tacky. Not good under makeup. Worst of all, it stung when I put it on. I'll stick to fragrance free moisturizers from now on (Cetaphil, Cerave).

on 1/31/2011 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOOOOOVE this moisturizer! My skin is sensitive, combination, and very fair. Normally, any moisturizer with SPF of any amount breaks me out, so for awhile I was using a moisturizer with none (shame on me, I know!) so when I found this moisturizer I was ecstatic! It comes in a fairly large bottle, has a pump, is lightly scented (a sort of fruity scent, a lot of people say like cucumber, but I think its more of a green apple/kiwi smell? Almost like sour, but in a good way), and gives my skin just enough moisture for during the day. It was an excellent purchase and I plan on repurchasing over and over, although I believe this bottle will last me forever!

on 1/21/2011 11:20:00 AM

I have always used Olay moisturizer, this is literally the only other moisturizer I like. Excellent moisturizing if you do not have dry skin- mine runs on the combo/oily side. SPF 15 is necessary, which this moisturizer has. It does have a light fragrance which is nice, but if you're sensitive to that sort of thing, you may not like it. I don't like how its a pump bottle because there is still some moisturizer left but the pump stops working- nonetheless I think its an awesome bargain for what you are getting, I highly recommend it!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this moisturizer. It doesn't make me oily, sinks in super quick and I stay moisurized feeling all day. The SPF isn't that high, but I'm stuck in an office or class most of the day so I'm not too concerned. Plus sometimes I mix it with my MAC pro-longwear foundation to make my own tinted moisturizer (LOVE this combo, somedays this is all the make up I need other than mascara etc) and that has spf as well. If you are really dry it's probably not the best for right now (winter) but will be great in the spring/summer. I am oilier so anything thicker/richer would be too much on my skin.