LUSH R&B Revive & Balance Hair Moisturizer

Oatmilk (Avena sativa), Glycerine, Organic Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Perfume, Cetearyl Alcohol, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), *Benzyl Salicylate, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

I love LUSH soaps mainly because they do their job and smell lovely. I'm not a big fan of this product. R&B doesn't do it's job, and the smell is too strong. My hair is in pretty good shape and only needs a little extra moisture. This product didn't moisturize at all. I wasn't expecting miracles, but c'mon LUSH! I might as well just dump perfume on my head and call it a day. Luckily, LUSH sales associates are good people and I can probably bring this product back and use the in-store credit to buy something else :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Other

My husband has quite long, fairly curly hair that tends to frizz. I have shoulder-length, slightly wavy, very thick hair that tends to get bushy/foofy. Naturally, this product looked like it would be a good thing for both of us.

My husband's hair tends to be pretty dry on the ends (long and curly; hard to get the natural oils to the ends), but this really doesn't do a lot for it. He has used it, himself, and I've used it on him a number of times, and, meh, don't see much of a difference, to be honest. Yes, this makes his hair a little shinier, and a little more oily, but it doesn't really do much to combat the tendency to frizz or to moisturise as far as I can tell. He doesn't care one way or the other (yes, he will use products in his hair, but this one doesn't impress him), and it doesn't matter if this gets put on his hair while it's dry or wet, it's just not very effective one way or the other.

On my hair, this kind of works, sort of. It does get rid of some of the frizzy-fluffy-bushy thing, and it is nicely shiny, but it doesn't take long before my hair feels oily and weighed down by this. Not really worth bothering with, unfortunately.

As for the smell which so many reviewers have commented on, nobody in our household is especially bothered by it, but it is quite strong. It's mostly a jasmine scent, and jasmine is definitely not for everyone (some people love it, but a lot of people really react badly to it), and there's a kind of coconut thing going on, as well. I can understand why people would really dislike the smell of this, even though I don't find it objectionable.

What I do find objectionable is that this product really doesn't work very well for me, or for my husband, or, indeed, for anyone in the house (neither daughter likes it, either).

Because I don't like to dismiss products without a fair trial, and because I have a whole tub of this stuff and it wasn't cheap, I'll keep working with it to see if I can make it work for me/us, but I'm not that hopeful. Unless something changes drastically, I won't be buying this again. (I will update this review if my opinion changes, though.)

[EDIT] Still haven't used all of this because I'm the only one in the house who uses it at all, and that's infrequent. My hair is longer now, a fair bit below my shoulders, so it's not as bushy as it was, but the ends could use a little help, so I use a little of this on them. Does it help? Hard to say. Possibly. Maybe. Meh. Will not be buying this again, in any event.

on 9/28/2013 2:08:00 AM

I put this on the ends of my wet hair after washing it. My hair is fairly damaged and this gives back moisture and temporarily hides my split ends, and well as giving my hair a little bounce at the ends, making it look healthy (which it isn't.)
I've been using it for a month so far, and am about 1/8 through the tub.
Seeing as it will last me such a long time, I don't think I'll buy it again for a while after it's finished, I think I'll try something different. I'll probably go back to morrocan oil for a while, which I used all the time last year.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

HG leave-in jack-of-all-trades. In the tub, the scent is so strong that it could knock someone out, but when used on wet hair and then blow-dried out, it fades into a delicious floral concoction that lingers pleasantly for hours. I use this on the bottom half of my hair to lock in moisture, and half a teaspoon's dollop is more than enough for my thin, but waist-length, hair. When used in conjunction with a weekly coconut oil overnight treatment and the Lush 'Shine So Bright' hair balm, my poor hair (which has been permed, bleached, dyed and GHDed over the years) is shiny, soft, and almost healthy again.

Highly recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My hair is generally maddeningly unmanageable - incredibly thick, curly, coarse, frizzy and processed. I've used this for when I wear it curly, which is usually during summer or when I simply can't be bothered with the rigorous time-consuming palaver of blowdrying and ironing.

When used in conjunction with a serum, a putty and a finishing spray (when I style my hair curly, I "twirl" or coax it into ringlets in rough-ish sections when it's still pretty much sopping wet, and then set the lot with hairspray), this is pretty great. It weighs down and tames the crazy volume of my hair, and provides a nicely defined, smoother curl. I went through quite a lot of it rather quickly (even when combined with those other products), but my hair is, well, tricky.

Really, the only drawback for me is the smell. At first it struck me as heavy but rather pleasant (in a way that would nonetheless make wearing perfume or any other strongly scented products at the same time impossible). But over time, this for some reason became sickly/sickening, and then I became episodically convinced that it smelled rather like cat pee. This would really be the only thing to prevent me from buying it again, but I'd probably give it another whirl, if only to prove or disprove the unpleasant cat pee thing.

on 8/23/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This. A million times this. I tired a sample of this product from my local Lush shop and it lasted me a good month (and those samples aren't huge). My hair dry, wavy hair is so happy with this product. I use a nickel sized amount after washing and conditioning my hair as usual. It provides a barrier if I'm blow drying, and just makes everything nice and smooth without weighing my hair down if I'm not. Will definitely be picking up the entire pot - will last me forever at the rate I went through that sample. It's a bit pricey, but I haven't found any other leave-in that works this well and yet doesn't require me to have to wash my hair the next day due to buildup. Apply only ears-down, not to the roots.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Scored a sample of this at lush on recommendation from on of the Powell street gals. Just like everyone says on here A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY! First day I used this I noticed a difference, use it on wet hair and let your locks air dry and they will be smooth! Pay close attention to the ends, they transform In a matter of a few applications!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This stuff is the bomb. I have natural loose curls and R&B is great for air drying in the hot summer. It makes my hair as soft as silk and makes it feel so healthy. A note on the smell: I think you love or hate it. I LOVE IT. It smells like jasmine and makes me feel lovely and I get complimented on the scent and asked what perfume I am wearing. It is a bit of a maturer scent than the typical fruity or candy smelling products that are drowning the market right now. But I freakin love it.

A little goes a LONG way. Too much and your hair will be greasy. Just the right amount and you will have shine and smoothness and a great sexy scent that lasts all day.

For the past couple months I have used this and nothing else on my curls. The other day I used a bit of R&B and then L'Oreal Ever Hold gel, and my curls came out hydrated and defined and I got about 10 compliments on my hair. I would buy this again hands down.

Honestly, it only made my hair shinier on the positive side. But it was in my opinion, not worth the price. And it didn't really change my dry hair much. And the smell was WAY too strong.

on 8/7/2013 4:57:00 AM

The smell of this is awful! Definitely needed Motrin after applying this. Not sure how the quality is of the product because it was washed out.