LUSH R&B Revive & Balance Hair Moisturizer

Oatmilk (Avena sativa), Glycerine, Organic Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Perfume, Cetearyl Alcohol, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), *Benzyl Salicylate, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 7/12/2015 2:05:00 PM

Bought this a couple of weeks ago because one of my friends hair always smelled so amazing (and because she was always raving about her new leave in/conditioner). I was warned that you only need a tiny bit of product and you should only put it on wet hair (and not rinse it), so I was prepared. The first time that I used it I wasn't that impressed, I used a tiny amount and my hair felt soft and smelled good, but it didn't last that long. My hair felt a bit dry actually but then again it was also 36 degrees outside and I had gone swimming. The second time I used it, it got better actually. I used a tiny amount of product and my hair had more volume and looked nice, but the smell didn't stay and it felt dry again after a day. I was feeling rather angry at myself for spending 20 euros on another hair product that I would probably never use again. The last time I tried it was last week, and I decided to use more product (not lots of it, but a little bit more). To my surprise this was all it took for my hair to like it. Apparently you need to find the right amount and let your hair adjust to it. I also don't use Lush shampoo or conditioner, so maybe it even works better if you also use a Lush shampoo. I use Redken's Blonde Idol (which is like my favourite shampoo ever and has no sulfates in it) which isn't exactly a cheap shampoo, and this combination works for me. I have fine hair, that I blow dry and sometimes I get highlights (like 3 times a year) so my hair is okay, it's not super super healthy, but it's healthy. I get split three months after a haircut so that's not that bad I guess. I was worried that this product would make my hair greasy because of the oils (I have tried coconut oil and that was a disaster) but it didn't make it greasy at all. I'm not going to use it every time I wash my hair (I try to wash it two times a week), but maybe once a week.

PROS
It smells great (I really love the smell)
The scent doesn't linger that long (if you hate how it smells)
It lasts forever (you only need a tiny amount)

CONS
A bit pricey
The scent doesn't stay
It made my hair a bit dry when I first started using it
The packaging could be better (I'm not a big fan of the container)

on 7/8/2015 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

To those with long, curly/straight, thick, dry, damaged hair, this stuff is serious hair magic!

My hair profile: Straight, almost waist length, very thick(I got a lota hair!), lightly colorized(ombre), Dry damaged tips, and I use heat tools everyday.

I primarily use this on towel dried hair, concentrating on the tips going up no higher than mid shaft on my hair. This is potent stuff! It is a thick creme/balm so a little goes a long way. I have tried it on dry hair which works too, it's more effective when used on dry hair, but it can become too heavy if you apply too much so I use a lighter hand.

The results are very soft, moisturized, luscious hair. I can really tell it actually moisturizes my hair and not just coating it because in a way, this makes my hair thicker too. Imagine if something is dehydrated; it's small, dry, shrunken, shriveled up, but when hydrated it plumps up and gets bigger. That is what is happening to my hair and it looks and feels so much fuller and overall healthier ever since I used R&B.

This hair creme smells like tropical flowers and lemons. It is strong and lingers for awhile, and I really enjoy that.

I have been using this for a couple of weeks now and this saved my hair. I highly recommend this!

on 7/6/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

First of all the scent far too strong and it's not a pleasant one to me. I gives a greasy feel and doesn't soften or moisturize my dry hair or function as an effective sealant on damp hair.

on 6/15/2015 4:31:00 AM

Wanted to love this, but unfortunately couldn't.

The product itself wasn't too heavy for my fine curly hair, and I only scrunched into then ends of my hair as that is where it is the driest. It did make the hair softer and less frizzy, but so does most of the other leave in's I own.

This in itself would not be a problem but OMG the smell!!!! To me it smells alot like the gardenia bush my mom has in her front garden, which isn't bad, but this smell is so strong and lasts forever in my hair!

Ended up giving me a migraine and aggravated my asthma, so much so that I had to wash my hair to get it out.

Will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am a beauty junkie, and have tried so many shampoos, conditioners and serums over the past 10 years (I'm 25). I have naturally curly, dark brown hair and its very thick (by which I mean I have a tonne of hair, rather than coarse individual strands). This is the first product I have ever found which gives me a beautiful head of thick, bouncy, defined curls. I use it on completely dry hair, but use it very sparingly to 'scrunch' in my curls. I have had so many compliments since I began using this product, after years of not knowing what to do with my curls and often just brushing them in to loose (but kind of poofy) waves. I feel a little goes a long way as I use it every morning and sometimes again in the evening if I'm going back out and the pot is still almost full (I bought it about a month ago). I like the smell, but it is quite strong. It has a sweet, natural smell though rather than a synthetic smell. I won't be giving this product anytime soon!

on 4/19/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is awesome in every way. The scent is Gorgeous, and the quality of My hair improves too. And styling is made easy too. Too Much product Will make your hair greasy, so be Careful when you Apply this. I only apply this to damp hair, or Else it Will look greasy. I have natural hair type 2a, with slightly dry ends and medium-thick hair. My waves/curls gets that extra oomph! From this.

on 3/17/2015 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product because it's the only thing that keeps my hair in check. I have coarse, dry, curly hair which needs a ton of moisture and control. I use this as a leave-in after shampooing, and it keeps my curls contained for 1-2 days. I like the smell of it and get tons of compliments on it. The only downside is that it is quite expensive ($22), and I require a lot for my hair, so a pot of it only lasts me 2 months. Please never stop making it, Lush!

on 3/16/2015 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Firstly, a bit about my hair - I'm a natural blonde with bleach blonde highlights. My hair is shoulder length, kinky, very fine, dry and there's not alot of it left.
This product has been working wonders in the overall condition of my hair in that it now feels beautifully moisturized and my frizziness is almost completely under control!
I warm a pea sized amount in my hands and work it through damp hair. If my hair still looks a bit frizzy once it's dried, I just add a little more with the same technique to my dry hair.
I absolutely love the smell of this product - it reminds me of Snow Gardenia by MOR. It has a lovely jasmine/gardenia fragrance which I adore.
I use this product in conjunction with Lush's Roots which has been amazing at slowing down my hair-fall.
The prices of Lush products are quite high so I use everything sparingly but there is a notable difference in my hair that is definitely worth it and for that I will continue to purchase and use these products within reason. Plus I feel good supporting a company that practices good ethics and values!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Dizzamn. This made my hair smell like the most beautifully fragrant orange grove in the world, and conditioned the hell out of it. I have stick straight, fine, limp hair--form an orderly queue, boys--so I just applied it to my ends and used it like I would any other conditioner--let it sit for a few minutes, and then combed it out. I wouldn't dare use it on anything but my ends because I have a feeling I'd end up looking like I dipped my head in mayonnaise, but it worked like a charm for me. The tub packaging is kind of a drag and the price isn't exactly low, but you really only need a tiny scoop to get the job done, so considering how long it lasts, I'd say the price is justified.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

So, I have a love hate relationship with this product...

I have thin, fine hair and I know that this product is not geared to people with my hair type. My hair; however, is dry and damaged and I purchased this with the sole purpose of hydrating and revitalizing my dried out ends.

That being said, I use it the night before I'm going to wash my hair... Typically it's the 3rd day of not washing. I sleep with it in, and then shampoo out the following morning. It has helped with the moisture level in my hair, and I will continue to use is this fashion. I did; however, try to use it after shampooing before blow drying my hair. That did not work for me as it left an oily residue, even at the ends of my hair. It didn't style as usual and I will not use this way.

For those with curly, dry hair, I can totally see this as being a lifesaver.