LUSH R&B Revive & Balance Hair Moisturizer

Oatmilk (Avena sativa), Glycerine, Organic Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Perfume, Cetearyl Alcohol, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), *Benzyl Salicylate, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 10/8/2016 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product to tame some dry fly aways, though my hair isn't entirely dry. My expectations were smooth and even hair along with softness. But rather this is too heavy. I've tried the least of quantities, but it hasn't in any way contributed to make my hair better. So no instant or long term results. Some of my fly aways have actually looked stiff and lost bounce in some of my attempts with understanding the quantity needed of this moisturiser. It kinda becomes a hassle on days I want my hair to be perfect. The smell is good but not something for which I'd pursue this one blindly! I've got better results with ogx penetrating and renewing argan oil. Really worth it if you're looking for smoothness and healthy shine.

on 9/9/2016 2:20:00 PM

I love the scent so so so much. I literally have a small sample pot that I just use to sniff every once in a while (I sound crazy, I know). It's unfortunate that I stopped using it on my hair though.

I bought the huge pot for my mom and I to share. We loved how our hair smelled. It is very heavy, so make sure you only use a tiny bit and add more as needed. Sometimes I used it on damp hair if I was in a rush, but I generally used it on dry hair (it's much easier to tell how much product you need if your hair is dry). My hair is thin, and very dry at the ends. My mom's hair is very dry all over.

It worked really well for the first month or so then both of us experienced dryness. I ended up having to return the pot. My only guess as to why this might cause dryness is maybe it just coats the hair shaft, and doesn't penetrate fully? There's lots of oils and butters in there, so it's very strange.

Another problem I had was my hair was hard to keep tangle free. It would constantly tangle, and get pretty bad to the point I think I caused some damage trying to gently detangle.

Anyway, so far none of LUSH's hair products worked for me so maybe it's just my hair. Definitely get a sample first.

on 7/24/2016 5:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

R&B is very very heavy, let me say. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with fine, thin hair. However, for me it works very well when i use the tiniest amount. I honestly think this product will last me a lifetime. I don't notice a huge difference in terms of moisture in my hair in the long term, but it tames split ends and fly-aways i do think it smells pretty awesome. Every time someone hugs me they say I smell good. It seems like the boyzz really seem to the love the smell especially

on 6/3/2016 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is AMAZING.

So I have thick South Asian hair that is usually voluminous and curly. For sometime now, my curls have been loosing their shape, becoming both flat and frizzy. It's been a nightmare because I LOVE my curls and I hate flat, thick hair.
I started using my friend's RnB and I fell in love. I feel like I've grown new hair!! My curls are thick and luscious and I want to keep touching my hair all day.

The smell is super strong, my entire room, pillow everything smells of it. But I love the scent, it's very flowery and rich. To me, it smells of jasmine. It smells like what five year old me imagined a Princess's hair would smell like :P

This is great for moisturising, but it doesn't have much hold. I use it along with Lush's Queen Bee Hair Honey (another new purchase). The two work well together to give my curls definition and cut the frizz.

But this stuff is EXPENSIVE and I need to organise getting it from abroad, because we don't have Lush where I live. I think it's worth it though, because I don't really need to use much even though I have shoulder length thick hair. A dab thats about the size of a cherry is enough. I only use it on wet hair, straight after aa shower. I'm concerned about the product lasting on my shelf though, if I don't use it up in time.

I've only been using it for a few weeks and I am hoping my hair doesn't go back to its flat frizzy state, but so far so good!!!

on 5/28/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I like to use this on dry hair. It's what I reach for when I'm having one of those super crazy hair days and nothing is working. I'll put it on top of my moisturiser before bed and wake up to super soft moisturised hair. This has no hold so I don't use it on wash day for twists or twist outs. But I will use it to remoisturise twists midweek. I don't like lingering fragrances but I love this so much I don't mind that it's strong or longlasting.

on 5/16/2016 7:01:00 AM

Man, if you want serious mouisture go with Shea Moisture.

As much as I want to like LUSH hair products, I cant. They're all too drying on my hair. This one is like applying a waxy siliconey gooey thing. It just sits on top of my hair and doesnt smell good at all.

Love this product for when I'm having one of those crazy hair days. I have very thick hair that is so uneasy to tame in humid conditions. I use this before styling my hair and it helps fight frizz and fly aways. Did I mention that it also smells amazing? Citrus and lavender in my opinion. This is my second jar and im planning to rebuy soon.

Hands down the best product I've found to tame my thick, fly-away hair. I do agree with other reviewers that you should start with a small amount to test. If you have thin, fine hair you may find the product too heavy. As well my best results have been to wash, put in and leave to dry naturally (or overnight while sleeping).

A miracle product. It works wonders for the dry ends of my dyed hair, and all I ever need is a tiny dab so it lasts me a long time.

Random thought:
Lush packaging is so bittersweet to me. Part of me likes how I can just self servingly scoop it out of the pot, the other part is somewhat germ-a-phobic of it, but realistically I feel like I'm always getting too much product.

Onto the review:
I have 2b/2c hair. It is bleached 4+ levels so it should be porous, one would think? Well, R&B is so moisturizing, I can feel it with just my fingers, it's literally like a super punch of extreme moisture. But, one problem: it doesn't absorb into my hair. It literally just sits on top of it. If that means my hair isn't porous enough to have results, then that is by all means my hair type's fault. Still, this didn't work for me. It didn't moisturize my hair. Maybe if I applied heat or hot towel, but for the purpose as leave-in product it really does nothing. I have frizz prone poofy waves and R&B didn't soften or smooth. It felt like I put hand lotion on my hair. The smell is very strong as well. Not repurchasable for me.