MAC Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon (Sheertone finish discontinued) [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.4

I have been wanting this blush for a really long time but I kept holding off because I wasn't sure it would suit my skin tone (NC40-42) but I read some reviews and I thought I'd give it a try!
The first couple times I used this blush I wasn't sure it showed up on my skin that well, but I kept trying it and I learned that layering it is key. I put on about 3 layers and this color is amazing! I LOVE it! It brightens up my whole face and the color just looks great on me! Every girl should have this blush!! I mostly stick to peach blushes but this pink blush is a must-have!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This blush is far too pink for me! It looks a bit too made up and barbie doll-ish on my olive skin colouring (I think I will stick to peachier colours). I read that Kim Kardashian uses it and she looks great so maybe it's for darker skin tones? Otherwise I really like Mac blushers - the texture and packaging is great!

I think this product is a classy pink blush. It is so perfect if you want to get this youthful baby pink flush. It looks fabulous on my fair skin tone, and I usually pair it with a pink lipstick. I heard and read a lot about this particular blush, and a lot of makeup gurus say that it is a must have, or a staple of a makeup kit, and I can't agree more. I just think this blush gives me such an innocent, youthful, and fresh look.

Really pretty. Very sheer but buildable. Sheer= natural = beautiful!

I love Mac packaging bc they are light and efficient and space saving.

I love the fact that it has absolutely no sparkle shimmer or pearl.

I cannot get enough of blush and I have far too many that I've bought just on a whim, but here goes my review...
I was after a healthy pink glow, very subtle, very natural with no shimmer. This shade is perfect, It's bright in the pan but it is sheertone so it is very very soft, very buildable and offers like the name suggests, a sheer application of colour. I use this on top of my cremeblush and it looks great and I get a very subtle hint of colour on the apples of my cheeks.

I usually use much brighter blushes such as Fashion Frenzy (Fafi collection) and NARS mata hari which are great if I want that brighter look but in comparison, Pink Swoon is the perfect every day pink blush.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been blush-crazy for the past 6 months and must now confess it. I had been using mainly Nars blushes and could never seem to get a MAC blush to work for me, until this one. (Also-- see my review of Cantaloupe.) I had been afraid of true pink shades and bought this mainly for the Manish Arora packaging because its beautiful! But I discovered that this pink is ideal for me (NC30 light olive in winter)-- it's pigmented enough to show as a rosy pink glow, but not OTT. There is no noticeable shimmer on me; it just looks like a natural pink flush. I am a convert. Will buy again for sure. (Note: the plain MAC packaging isn't as fab as the one I have, but works just fine. No mirror.)

I am so happy that I bought this blush! I already have Well Dressed, so I didn't know if I wanted to go out and spend money on Pink Swoon. Boy am I glad I did! It's a bit brighter and more pigmented than Well Dressed. I can get more color payoff quicker, which is great in my book. I'm the queen of the 2 minute face! I think I might buy a second so I can have a back up.

This is my new favourite blush and my secret take-it-to-the-next-level beauty product. I went through a few compacts of the same product in Dame before I tried Pink Swoon. Dame is about the same lightness but more dull, and my dude at MAC talked me into trying something brighter. I have very fair skin and I find it easy to overapply, but just a little sweep gives the perfect amount of that just-came-back-from-a-long-walk-in-the-snow colour.

My only complaint is that I use a spot concealer (MAC liquid select cover-up in NW15) and not a foundation, and I find that applying this blush after my concealer makes it "stick to" the concealer spots. Applying powder in between helps some.

Overall, lasts all day and easy to build up or reapply later! A bit pricey for what it is, pressed pink pigment powder, but I haven't found a better colour or smoother, finer powder so I will continue to buy it :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a must for fair skinned gals. Dont be afraid of this gorgeus pink blush. It looks bright and clowny in the pan but once applied its a beautiful pink its sheer and buildable. I use this with Mac's Speak Louder lipstick. Its a true barbie doll pink shade, if you dont like the look of being "made up" this is not for you.

I simply *adore* this blush! I also love MAC's sheertone Pinch O'Peach, which is very similar. It's actually a bit hard to tell the difference other than I think Pink Swoon is a little more of a baby pink. It is a gorgeous, easy-to-wear everyday color. It's hard to put too much on because it doesn't go on heavy at all, yet it is buildable. I only wish it had a little more staying power (hence the -1 lippie), but I can live with that. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

Popular Blush Products