MAC Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon (Sheertone finish discontinued) [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.4

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This blush is very fresh and youthful. I have been trying to achieve this particular color on my cheeks with other blushes, which I have sooo many of, yet was never able to achieve it. I have always picked up Pink Swoon at MAC counters and it looked too hot pink, barbie-like to me, so I would put it back down . For some reason I was constantly leaning more toward Well Dressed (which I already have). However, now that I did get Pink Swoon, I realize that it's that perfect pink shade that I was trying to achieve by building and building and building Well Dressed blush. I am NC 25-27-30 (depending on the amount of fake tan for the day), and it does not look too hot pink on me at all. I would describe it as fun, fresh, youthful and instant pretty, by far not over the top. Nevertheless, Well Dressed is still a beautiful blush, but it's so subtle without the building a lot of the color that I can wear it to job interviews.

ABOUT ME: Light-medium complexion with yellow/olive undertones, dark hair and eyes. Normal skin.

COLOR: Pink Swoon is a bright, coral pink, no obvious shimmer. At first I thought it was more of a hot pink, but I've figured out that there's no blue undertone and that when I layer this, it looks slightly flamingo-y. One coat for a subtle look and two for a slight flush. I like it fine, but am not blown away. I think it's just a tiny bit too red for me.

TEXTURE: Quite sheer, light and airy. If you normally use a skunk brush to apply blushes, you'll probably find that Pink Swoon works better with a normal blush brush, like MAC's #150. It will pick up and deposit more color than the #187, which makes it easier to either under- or over-do it.

WEAR: OK, though not particularly good. At least the color doesn't change at all on me. I bet a more oily person will not like this blush.

PACKAGING: Really cute--I even kept the box because it all looks so good. Too bad the product is just OK.

PRICE: It was originally 18 USD, though it's a limited edition item. You can still find them on eBay, but at outrageous prices. Trust me--Pink Swoon is a nice blush, but it's not worth paying more than retail. I wouldn't repurchase. Something similar will come along, probably soon.

ETA: Because someone felt compelled to let me know this extremely important fact: Pink Swoon is NOT limited edition.

Carry on. continued >>

I like this blush a lot. It's a pale pink that comes up as very light and glowing on my skin. I just love the flush it gives me. Very youthful, glowy and pretty.

I love MAC packaging too. Easy to tell what colour it is, perfect.

i love this!!!! its such a buildable product! in the pan it looks so vibrant however its really sheer (hence being a sheertone) but you can really build this blush up to a gorgeous girly pink. seriously reccommend this

I'm on the fence on this colour. Looked pretty in the store, looked different at home. I usually use Revlon Powder Blush in Blushed (my HG blush) and this is obviously a big change from that. Maybe that is why I didnt like the look of it. Either that, or it just didnt suit me. The texture is nice, but it does look fake on my NW20 skintone. I much prefer Blushed, because it looks so much more natural. other skin tones or people with lighter hair colour may enjoy this blush

This is one of my favorite blush.
I love the color when it applies onto my cheeks.

I like this blush, but it's not quite my favourite. I bought it as a powder alternative to the MAC creme Ladyblush. It gives a very similar colour - cool true light pink - but is not quite so natural on me as Ladyblush. I do love the fact that it is ultra buildable, as I can hardly see the first swipe on my skin, but I add more until I get it just right for me, without ever overdoing it. I don't find that it had staying power for more than three hours, however. I am a Laura Mercier porcelain skintone.

This is my first MAC blush and I friggin love it!! Even moreso than Nars 'orgasm,' which I used religiously prior to my investment in 'pink swoon.' I like that it's matte and highly pigmented without going overboard. In the pan, it may appear a bit intimidating - particularly to paler women like myself - but when applied, it's a lovely natural pink. Highly recommend!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

perfect light pink shade. very natural looking. looks great on my pink undertoned fair skin.

I lightly dust the apples of my cheeks with this blush. Basic pink, no shimmer or glitter to it. Its a sheertone colour as well so you can build it depending on how pink you want your cheeks. Just a pink, very nice to wear on its own. Girly but not as girly as Dollymix. Kim Kardashian swears by this as well. I wore this on my birthday and the photos look so great like I have a natural flush.

Popular Blush Products