MAC Cosmetics Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon (Sheertone finish discontinued) [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.3

In the pan, it looks scary. On my face, it's a dream! Natural sweet pink with blue undertones. Nice and buildable, too.

I love this blush! A perfect pink -- it gives me that porcelain doll look -- definitely my new go-to blush. Also love that it's not glittery or shiny, I used to use Orgasm, which was nice but just a bit too much w/all the sparkly pigment.

What put me off at first was the sheer brightness of this blush, but i swatched it on my hand and realised that if used sparingly and blended i would probably get a very nice pinky colour.. i would definatly repurchase this blush as it is very pigmented but when used right is the nicest blush i own.... i apply it every day and will hit pan soon enough!

Im getting quite a stash of MAC blushes,this is my 16th!!!!
I really wanted a true baby pink and this looked ideal,I checked out the reviews and swatched it instore and yes it seemed to be the one.
I wore it yesterday and it didnt show up too well and Im fairly pale.I used my 187 so that might have been why.Will try again with my 168 and see if thats better.Still a nice colour tho.
EDITED TO ADD 27/03/09 Used this with my 182 brush and it looked gorgeous,Im so pleased I could make this work :o)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I LOVE this blush! I find myself reaching for this all the time. It looks like a very bright bubble gum pink in the pan, and on my cheeks, it looks like a soft wash of pale pink, a natural flush that's very buildable. This is the best sheer pink for my skintone I've found so far (NC 30). It makes me look alive and healthy, and its sheerness makes it foolproof. Will totally buy again!

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: RM70 / US$18 / Rs 1080
Website: Maccosmetics.com
Weight: 6 g 0.21 US oz
Made in: Italy
Ingredients: Talc, Polymethycrylate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Silica, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Zinc Stearate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin [+ / - Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI42090), Carmine (CI75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI77510), Manganese Violet (CI77742), Red 6 (CI15850), Red 6 Lake (CI15850), Red 7 (CI15850), Red 7 Lake (CI15850), Red 30 (CI73360), Red 30 Lake (CI73360), Ultramarines (CI77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI15985)]

Product Description:

Exclusive to the M∙A∙C Manish collection. A Powder Blush in an orange compact featuring the colourful patterning specially created by designer, Manish Arora, for this brilliant namesake collection. Limited edition.

Actual Product Pic:

Pigmentation & Color (Plus Swatches! :D):

This color is described as Clearly Pink on the website, which is just what it is! This is a sheertone, so it goes on sheerly, but it's definitely buildable! It gives me a very natural flush minus all the shimmers, which is really lovely for a natural look!

Swatch from the Mac Website:

Actual Color:

Packaging:

This blush comes in the regular MAC flip-top pot, but with the lovely heart motive exclusive to the Manish Aurora collection!

I love the box too! This has got to be the most elaborate collection ever in my two year addiction of MAC! :D

Check out the lovely dotted swirls in the box! :D

Texture:
As with MAC blushes, the texture for this one is really smooth!! :D

Time Test:
This blush (being a sheertone), lasts about 6 hours on my cheeks before it starts to fade, which is ok.

Price & Availability:
This product is priced at RM70 / US$18, which is the same as the regular blushes. This shade is part of the permenant line, so no worries if you missed out on this collection! This special packaging is LE though! This blush is available at all MAC counters / Pro Stores / Maccosmetics.com

Usage:
I use this blush whenever i don't want to look to made up! It's really natural!! :)

My $0.02:
I never thought i could ever wear a pink blush! I always stuck to peachy blushes like my life depended on them, lol! I fell in love with this immediately when i first used it!! It looks really pretty on and oh so natural!! This, along with the Blooming blush from the Cult of Cherry collection has to be the best blushes of this year!! :D

In a Nutshell:

A lovely pink blush that looks really natural on!

Likes: Lovely packaging and color!
Gripes: None!
Repurchase: Yes!

Rating:
4.5 Stars ! Near HG Stuff!!

Credits: Product photo from Specktra.net. Swatch from Maccosmetics.com continued >>

It looks bright pink in the pan.And I was like "I'm going to be a clown". But the SA kept telling me that it'll look great on my NC 20 skin.ok yes,so i try it though...ohhhh!pink swoon is all I really want and am looking for all this time for a pink blush!.....so this is the different between pink swoon and other "pink blushes"...
Pink Swn- gives you a fresh face.it suddenly brighten up your face just in 1 swipe,and it doesn't turn in to orangey colour,or red colour,or become dull.it just really pink pink and pink!trully nice fresh baby pink colour....but not that clown pink cheek because it's so sheer!
OTHER pink blushes- ok,maybe you think that other pink blushes might duplicate pink swoon,but it can't!why?because ussually other pink blushes might turn out to be orangey or dull or reddish in a couple of hours.....blah blah blah...or maybe sometimes it turns out too pigmented.makes you looks like clown.
With pink swoon,you'll get the puree pink colour...that looks sheer,so sweet, and fresh ALL DAY!don't put too much though,only 1 swipe on the apple of ur cheeks...if u need to contour...contour it first with emote/harmony blushes/bronzers....afterwards put PS on the apple cheeks...it'l look very nice and sweet all day long....

The downside is....i prefer with a little shimmer,and I wish it stay longer on my cheek...though it is not that long lasting...though I have to touch up once in the evening if I apply it in the morning....go get it if you love trully PINK blushes without a hint of red,plum,orange/brownish....just REALLY NICE SHEER PINK!that brighten up your face and making you looks younger!that's what a girls want

This looks very pink in the pot, but goes on very sheer. I love this color!

This blush leaves a pretty pink flush on my pale NC-20 skin, don't be too heavy handed with it, if you're pale because you will end up looking like a blushing chinadoll. If I use a touch of this, it does wake up my entire face and gives me that look as if I've just been out in the sun or exercising, definite "flushed" look. This is not HG for me, still looking for a more subtle pink flush.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Scarily pink in the pan! Don't be put off. It doesn't appear so bright on the cheeks. It can be built up to a much more striking pink, but less can give a very subtle, pretty and extremely natural-looking cheek colour. I'll re-purchase this without hesitation.

Popular Blush Products