3.7

on 9/29/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A big no for me as it smells like a man' s cologne to my nose
Actually my GP uses a cologne that smells just like it
I prefer feminine scents, Estee Lauder missed the target on that one, a scent can be dark, it doesnt t have to be so dry and masculine!

on 6/21/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Seriously, the most BEAUTIFUL fragrance I've ever smelt. I absolutely adore it. Although everyone's tastes are different, I just can't believe some people think it doesn't smell good. It lasts for the whole day, not exaggerating.. and even after 8 hours the scent is just so irresistible! I can't stop smelling myself! The other reviews are 100% correct.. a little goes a long way. I give 1 spray to my neck and it lasts all day. The price was as expected for an elite brand..but well worth it.. and will definitely last a while. It's great quality.. you won't regret it. :) A lifetime subscription to this perfume please! Hehe. Oh and also, today at work I had many customers tell me they love my perfume, in which they rarely do.

I had been wanting Sensuous for a while -it smelled great sprayed on clothes. But once tested on my skin, I ended up with Sensuous Noir instead. So glad I did.

I sprayed one wrist with Sensuous and the other with Sensuous Noir.Sensuous started off with that nice woodsy/oriental note that I like about it.Then it turned a soft floral, before ending up slightly powdery. And the end product was so so soft it was barely noticable.Sensuous Noir,on the other hand (wrist actually) started off with the same woodsy/oriental note as Sensuous,but stronger. Then it changed to a slight vanilla, ending in a soft musk (with a trace of the vanilla remaining) that was noticable but not cloying.

Sensuous Noir reminds me of Tom Ford Black Orchid and Black Orchid Voile de Fleur-it begins very strong then shifts to something softer. It's almost as if Tom Ford Black Orchid + Dior Addict joined together. Odd but quite the perfume for those that want something that is not plain.

on 2/2/2012 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Tried this today and I think the word Noir is a give away that this smells like a mens fragrance. I don't love this but its not all that bad, just really strong in a mens fragrance sort of way, I actually think this would smell good on my husband, I would really love to smell this on him.

on 1/2/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Being that I love the Sensuous Nude, I thought I'd test spritz this one as well today at the mall. Ughhh... not feminine at all... reminded me of pipe tobacco ....quite possibly headache inducing if applied with a heavy hand.

on 12/3/2011 1:24:00 PM

I like this, but my husband LOVES this! He is a patchouli lover and I wear it for him because he thinks it is sexy. Lasts forever on me. I will repurchase. Would have given this and Sensuous both 5s but couldn't because of the boring bottles!!

on 12/1/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been addicted to this scent! I went to the Lauder counter to spray (for the fifth time or so!) and melted. Some of it must have sprayed on my coat, because even up to a week later I was enjoying the scent every time I put on my coat! This is a nice warm scent that has a bitter sweetness to it. If you like spicier, warmer scents - this is for you. There are some florals in here, mostly night flowers, patchouli, vanilla, honey, amber, and more.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Oh my! This is the sexy sister of the Sensuous trio of scents, as far as my nose is concerned.

Sensuous Noir is a modern oriental. After using up the sample spray, I promptly ordered it in a full size when Macys had an Estee Lauder gift-with-purchase special.

Sensuous Noir, in it's royal purple colored bottle, smells predominantly of spices, woods, amber and vanilla with a hint of patchouli.

You'll probably like this if you enjoy classic old orientals like L'Heure Bleu and Shalimar; as well as Estee Lauder orientals like Youth Dew, Cinnabar and Spellbound (though all three of those are much sweeter and stronger than Sensuous Noir). This is definitely an autumn/winter scent too.

on 8/28/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I received a free sample of this product and loved it. I don't really like the first scent, but within half an hour it has calmed down enough for me to quite pleased while still remaining engaging. It also seems to last forever; I can still smell a hint of it if I sniff my wrists 40 hours later!

On me this is very dull, just light slightly sweet patchouli that packs no punch. After about 4 hours it develops a slight powderiness and smells of amber but that's about it. Very disappointing. I find it also has not much staying power on my skin.

Popular Fragrances