MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i would describe this as a cool-toned light/medium taupe. but there are so many pics of it here online that you dont really need me to tell you that ;) i will say, the pic above, where Omega is in the lower left of the quad, is acurate 100%.
this is actually my first, and so far ONLY, MAC eyeshadow. i just cant be bothered to regularly buy shadows that are, what, $14 a pop? but for this color, i really couldnt find a dupe. all the other taupe/ light brown colors i looked at and tried were too warm for my purposes. i wanted this as an all-over contour color, as well as a brow filler color, AND a shadow color. my skin is around NC15, even lighter on parts that dont get any sun and dont have past sun damage. my hair is lightest ash brown at the roots, with strawberry blonde natural highlights here and there. i henna my hair regularly to add a more red color to it. my brows are naturally quite dark on the inner part, but blone (so you cant even really see them) on the outer parts. so i bleach the darker parts to match, and then fill in all of my brows. i wish i liked this more as a brow filler, but it really is for the VERY fair browed ladies for brow filler. i can use this as brow filler right after i bleach my brows, but if they've at all grown in darker again then this is too light.

but that's ok, b/c its the PERFECT contour color! its there enough to actually SHOW a contour, but doesnt look too ovious at all. i use it below cheekbones, as well as on temples, sides of nose bridge, and very top of forehead. it blends well, and is decently pigmented. with what i use it for, i wouldnt want it to be any more pigmented.

as far as using at as a eyeshadow, it's nice for days when i dont want much on my eyes, and also as a transition color.

when i run out i will repurchase, unless i've magically found some cheaper dupe.

i should note, i tried the supposed NYX dupe, and it was slightly shimmery (this is matte), and it was really hard to get any on the brush :(

UPDATE: 7/30/12
still loving this! i'm still using it as a contour color (under my cheekbones, and on the bridge of my nose/inner eye socket area, as well as a tad bit under my lower lip to create the illusion if fuller lips). also, i've found that if i dont use quite so much in the outer part of my brows, it works just great as a brow filler! if i wet my brush and use a while lot then it looks too obvious, but a wet brush with just a little looks really natural. so if this wasnt working for you at 1st as a brow filler, you might want to give it another go! as of today, i would still 100% re-buy :)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Omega is a very versatile eye shadow. It is extremely natural and for the most part has neutral tones to it with a few slight cool tones as well. I like to wear it in the crease with shroom on the lid. It really gives a nice subtle shadow to your eyes. It isn't an exciting color but it can work not only as an eye shadow but for the brows as well. I have light brown hair so I sometimes use it on my eye brows if I mix it with a darker brown and it looks natural. I guess if you have blond hair it would look really good by itself for brows. This eye shadow blends really well and I have even used it as a slight contour on the sides of my nose without it looking strange. Omega is just a great shade to have on hand...it isn't a wow color but it is still special and I'm glad I bought it.

I love using Omega as a crease/blending color when I wear olive toned greens. Normally I would use wedge as my 'everyday' crease color, but when worn with olivey greens it looks a bit muddy. My new favorite green smokey eye is LORAC olive on lid, Omega to blend out crease & Coquette to deepen crease & outer V. Looks amazing! Try it!

I am SO confused by these reviews. I have blonde hair and light ashy eyebrows, and omega on my brows just isn't dark enough. It doesn't show up at all on me. I would much prefer to use Maybelline define-a-brow in dark blonde. And as an eyeshadow, it looks like my mascara tranferred to my eyelids, it's nasty. Would not recommend or repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Perfect shadow for filling in my brows.........it looks so natural and beautiful. I also use it as a blender/crease shade for any brown look. I will never look for another brow filler again as long as Omega is still in existence!

This is probably the most versatile eyeshadow I own!
I initially bought it as a contour colour for my very fair skin, and now use it to fill in my eyebrows (works so perfectly!) and as a regular eyeshadow. It's so perfect, I'm no doubt going to hit pan on this multiple times.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great color, I'm NC 15-20 and I use this as a lid color or crease color depending on the look I'm doin. When browsing on the MAC website looking at shadows I'm always drawn to this color, then I realize I have it. I team this up with either painterly paint pot or the untitled paint as a base then use copperplate in the outer V and brule or bisque to blend and highlight. As I do with any eyeshadow though I reccommend googling swatches of the MAC eye shadows or checking them out it the store. Sometimes the website doensn't do the color justice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a fairly matte light brown. I bought this when it was used for a bridal look on MAC's website a few years ago. I sometimes use this as a brow filler when I want my brows to have more definition without looking fake. I also use it as a subtle crease color or as an all-over color wash on my lids just to add a bit of neutral color. A very versatile color that wears well throughout the day.

I have bought this at least 3 times. I use it to fill in my brows. I'm NC 20 with blonde hair and this is perfection!

This is a great color to soften edges with and or to contour the brow bone and crease. A must have in my MAC collection.