Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.1

on 3/29/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I had read about Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanant Hair Color on line and on Makeup Alley. Naturally, I would not even think of purchasing it before reading the reviews. I do like this tremendously. I purchased this product at Sally's. In addition I also purchased the hair serum (which I wrote another review and the serum is, hands down, THE best of all time) as well. So, I got this color in the darkest black. I have extremely stubborn gray. My hair is also very coarse but when controlled, I really love it. This color was easy enough to use and not at all drying or damaging to my hair. I have slight breakage from other products so I really need to treat my hair gently. This seems to do the job.
It has been a month since I first used this and I"m going to recolor next weekend. Anyway, although I love the way my hair feels after using this, the color faded from my roots after about three weeks. I would say the staying power of this is better than average, but I truly thought, according to reviews that the color would not fade at all. That is why I have given this 4 lipsticks rather than 5. I guess the perfect haircolor that truly covers gray and keeps the gray covered is too elusive for me.
Anyway, for the price and for the non-damaging this color does, I highly recommend this! Thank you for reading and happy hair to you!

This is my new favorite hair color! My natural hair is dark brown, about 15% gray and is dulling as it ages, changing texture, feeling dry & losing luster. I've been coloring with a few different products: i generally use a Demi/Semi perm every 30 days, with Garnier's drugstore Demi-permanent in black, or Loreal color gems dark brown. I do permanent 2x yearly once at the salon and once at home with Revlon Colorsilk. All of these have been good for me but I am IMPRESSED with this new Zotos color! I used darkest natural brown (3N?), used 10 volume developer because i was not trying to lift, just deposit one level darker than natural hair. applied in sections, starting at the front hairline where I am most gray. I applied to roots only, started timing 30min after it was applied. Twisted the rest up & away from my head. At 25 min, I added some warm water and pulled it through the ends as it says to do in the instrux. I washed after w Infusium shampoo for color treated hair, then conditioned w Loreal Feria conditioner, which I had on hand. Blow dried & styled like normal. My hair is truly darkest brown, rich & beautiful color. It's also glossy glossy glossy! Like Demi Moore glossy. It feels great, soft & manageable. Overall, better than my hair has felt since I started coloring it 4 years ago (I am just shy of 37.) The smell during coloring was minimal, and didn't irritate my skin at all. I did need to use Roux color remover on my skin where I got dye, it does stain if you don't get it off quickly. Wasn't runny during application. Definitely found my HG hair color!

UPDATE 4/14/2012: Last weekend, I put the Creme Lightener on the bottom 1/3 of my hair for about 30 minutes, with the intent of lifting it several levels as the beginning of DIY ombre hair (my hair is brastrap-length with angled front pieces.) It did lift my black ends to medium reddish brown. I could have left it on longer but it I freaked out and rinsed it. I used 30 volume developer, which was probably too much. Also, it was on the strong-smelling side. Hair ends were quite dry the first few days and I used Aveda Black Malva conditioner for 3 days to tone down the red. Now, a week later, it feels much better feeling. I bought an Age Beautiful ash blonde with 20 volume developer to put on the bottom of my hair and the medium ash brown to put over the top, with 10 volume, in hopes of lightening the ends more and lightening the mostly black/brown roots slightly, maybe one level, because I am starting to feel like the dark hair is just too harsh for me as I get older and with summer coming, it will be more fresh-looking. I am doing this today, so will update later. OH also bought the serum. LOVE!

Provides great gray coverage, minimal smell, the developer is gentle for sensitive scalp. It is a great line, but I find that you have to often mix two colors to get the color you really want, and It does run very dark. I used 7A dark ash blonde and it turned out an almost dark brown! I now mix 7A with 8A, which is a medium blonde, and more of it as the 8 to achieve light brown. That is how dark this line runs. Once I found the combo that worked, I was very happy with the result. I try to stock up when they have B O G O. Shiny, results and extremely gentle.

on 12/26/2011 1:37:00 PM

Add me to the list of converts. I purchased this from Sally's based on the reviews I read here and it is AMAZING. I have the most stubborn gray-white hairs ever and this covered almost all of them completely (although I never don't have at least one white hair sticking up straight on top of my head no matter what I do). My hair is so shiny, no scalp irritation and the color, light golden brown, came out gorgeous. Next I'm going to try 6N light brown.

on 12/5/2011 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product rocks! I go almost platinum blonde and this is the first brand I have found that allows me to do it on my own. I have to do a two step process and AB, done correctly, keeps my hair feeling nice and looking great. My original hair color is a dark dirty blonde, so I use the creme-lightener then apply the color. It's so easy. If you aren't getting the look you want with ANY over the counter hair processing product then do more research about your type of hair. Ask your beautician the next you get a cut about your type of hair, how it responds to chemicals and any special considerations about coloring it. I've found most don't mind answering the questions.... it's their profession.... they love to talk about what they do!! Plus if you're a good customer they know you'll be back!! Age Beautiful is a great product. I recommend it!!

on 12/4/2011 12:47:00 AM

This haircolour is as good as professional Goldwell, Schwarzkopf, Matrix or Paul Mitchell. On a friend, I have used 6N and 7N, and on myself their Creme hair lightener (bleach). All 3 products had ZERO offensive smell. No burning, no irritation, no staining, no allergic reactions. The 6N and 7N have the BEST gray coverage...simply amazing. Even with daily washings for 3-4 weeks, the gray does not return (of course new gray grows), but the coloured gray stays coloured & does not turn brassy. ***The creme hair lightener lightened my level 4/5 hair to almost white. My dyed platinum hair was left shiny, somewhat soft, no breakage and full of body and good texture. I cannot recommend Age Beautiful enough!

on 8/29/2011 11:37:00 AM

Love this stuff. That said, I believe the color confusion people are having can best be summed up as thus. If you have no color to your hair, ie, all grey or platinum blond, the color on the box will be accurate. But if you have hair with any color and even if you choose a similar color, it seems to add color to your color. How could I say that so it makes sense? My hair is brownish red and I have grey thickly lining around the hairline as well as sprinkled over my head. So when I pick up cinnamon, my dyed hair color becomes dark brownish red with cinnamon highlites where the hair was grey. So the front of my head where the grey is thickest is a perfect match for the box, where as any place I had color to my hair shaft is pretty darn dark.
The hair texture and sheen is very nice. I will continue to use this but so that I don't have such a bright halo at the front of my head, I will use a deeper color to 'streak' in that section.
Now lets move on...I have to say something about their sheer gloss serum. There is actual shine to my hair now! Partly due to the dye, but more in part to the serum. I love this stuff. I've used low end products, high end products and even horse hair products. All of them give a slight gloss then seem to evaporate and if I try to add more I have not shiny hair, but greasy hair. I have not been able to overdo this one yet. and the shine is believable--as if I simply had really healthy hair! And it stays throughout the day! I am sold on this, please don't up the price or change the formula!

on 7/23/2011 8:20:00 AM

I used the 6N light brown and got fabulous results, NO scalp irritation and great, salon quality results! I applied to my roots only and it did not mess up my subtle highlights. It is the next day and I can not smell any color, like I can with Wella Color Charm, no itching and it is shiny and looks completely like nature did it. The grey coverage is fantastic, too. I did have to reapply to one stubborn spot at my temple-I would say apply a thick layer there. I would say that you might want to buy a second bottle and double the "recipe", especially if you have anything but very thin hair, as there is not a lot of volume to this product, as it is mixed 1:1, not 1:2, like Wella, for example. You end up with only 4 total oz. for your whole head.

on 6/20/2011 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

the color is not even close to what I chose, which was pretty much what I had already had. Copper indicates just that, as in 'penny'. what I got from light copper red 6RC was in fact a dark brown with burgundy red tones. I detest
burgundy shades of red-not even supposed to be in the same tone family as copper! I also lost more hair in the shower with this product than any I have tried in the past-so much for helping my 'aging' hair! ( my hair is just < 50 % gray (approximate since I haven't let it grow out in about 6 years) and was a natural med brown

on 4/17/2011 10:23:00 AM

So glad I discovered this wonderful product. I have always used drugstore color (Revlon Colorsilk or Clairol Root Touchup) between professional colorings. I am 49, almost completely gray, and need to do my roots every 3 weeks. Age Beautiful makes my hair look as if I just came from the salon. The gray coverage is perfect and the color is rich and beautiful. The first time I used it, I used light neutral brown and my roots were a little too light. This time, I mixed 1oz light neutral brown with 1 oz medium neutral brown and 2 oz of 20% developer. I couldn't be happier with the results. Truly my HG.

Popular Hair Color Products