MAC Cosmetics Abstract

4.3

on 9/9/2004 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

MAC put a lot of thought into the invention of this little gem. This is my very first MAC nail polish purchase and I am going back for more! The color on my nails looks exactly like the color in the bottle. It's a taupey mauve color, just a great neutral and perfect for Fall. It leaves a high frost finish as well. This is one of the faster drying nail polishes I've ever tried and I'm a big fan of OPI. In fact, I'm typing up this review about 2 minutes after applying 2 coats.
The brush is simply amazing. It literally does all the work for you. I don't know how it does it but it deposits just the right amount of polish onto each nail. The bristles are stiffer so they don't "fan out" as much as some of the brushes. Makes for a very easy fool proof application. My only rant is that it does tend to leave small streaks, but from far away you can't see them. The design of the bottle is perfect! The cap is "rubberized" so you get a good grip on it and it doesn't end up flying across the room or dropping on the carpet.

UPDATE 9/13/04: After working and typing on keyboards all day long this polish still hasn't chipped and looks amazing! Still shiny and all. :) continued >>

on 3/15/2004 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Abstract is a beautiful lilac/mauve that has a bubtle sheen. I know so many people who consider it their HG! It looks so natural. One of my favorites! Also, like most MAC nailpolishes, this lasts long and doesn't chip.

on 1/3/2004 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Mac polishes are the best!! I don't get the horrible chipping with them that I do with Chanel. This is a frosty, shiney mauvey nude pink color, similar to Chanel tulle except the Chanel is flatter and has silver sparkle particles. This is so totally pretty! Kinda like a soft creamy look the color of when soft vanilla and soft chocolate ice creams melt together. YUM! Also reminds me of the color of Chanel Black Tied glossimer.

This is my first MAC nail polish. I received it in a swap. This is a great nail color! Beautiful matte light purple. This polish lasted for days without no chips. I was very impressed and will be buying more MAC nail colors.

I love this colour. Its a sheer lavender pink. The problem with this...the applicator gets stuck in the bottle. That really annoys me. Other than that this a great colour.

on 8/26/2002 3:29:00 PM

From the Sleek Chic color story.
This is a very subtle pearl..mauvey pink. I use one coat on my nails and it gives them a sheer hint of color without looking too done. Its one of those shades you buy once to have around but not a classic like my CD Indian Red or Chanel #87, #15 that I keep repurchasing over the years. Lovely feminine shade nevertheless.

Popular Polishes