Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

on 3/8/2011 4:05:00 PM

I love that the shades in this are cool toned. I have (and adore) the UD Naked palette, but the shade in that one are quite warm. This gives some cooler options, which is much more flattering to my skin tone.
That said, the quality in this palette is seriously lacking. The highlight colours are very chalky, and the shimmery shades create fall out like nothing I've ever seen. I recommend not doing your eyes after your foundation with this kit, because you're going to have to redo it from all the dark fall out under your eyes. This, by the way, is with UD primer and good brushes.
Satin sheets looks like a stunning goldy pink, but in fact its a pearly white. No matter how much you pack on, you will not get any pink tint. Let me also mention that I have extremely fair skin, so any pigment would be visible.
A few reasonably nice looks can be created using this palette, but overall I regret getting it. The shadow quality overall is worse than most drug store shadows.
There are a couple of nice taupey grey shades that are nice to work with.
At the same time I bought this, I also got the Too Faced Romantic Eye Kit, and I will say that I'm really loving it. The shadows are much more pigmented and creamy. Get that kit instead of this one.

on 2/27/2011 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Stiletto is an amazing matte black I use to line my eyes and I use the matte taupe shade called Like A Virgin to fill my brows. I like that I can use this kit to do my shadow/liner/brows all together. This kit can be used to create really sexy and soft looks There's highlight, lid, crease, and liner shades that all go together perfectly. I love it. Some say the packaging is bulky, but I think Too Faced focuses on beautiful packaging that can sit out on ur vanity and look cute instead of sleeker on the go packaging. I think it's adorable and so fun to use. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I was reviewing into buying this palette many were not so happy with the product. I do have to admit that the only reason why I bought this palette was for the unmentionables shade, but Im glad I purchased it as I fell in love with most if not all the shades it contains. All shades were very easy to work with to me. In the Buff is the perfect highlight color. the only thing I don't like is the amount of product since it is very little on the best shades and the fact that the packaging is soo bulky. Other than that I am happy with my palette.

on 2/14/2011 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The fall off on these (and most too faced powder shadows) is outrageous. In order to have the shadow show (aside from clumps of shimmer) you have to apply a bunch of layers and end up with more on your cheeks and Under eyes.
Even with a primer it's a mess....If you wet the brush or spray a setting spray on it you have a chance of it showing up on your lids.
Too much work to have "naked " eyes.

on 2/14/2011 12:54:00 AM

Pros:
- Subtle, wearable shades
- The darker shades can be used as liners with very little fallout. So easy to work with!
- Very well matched set
- Long lasting, without a primer

Cons
- Bulky packaging - the drawer with the brushes is useless and just adds up to the size
- The shades are leaning towards cool toned. I am warm-neutral, so they still work for me, but I can see this washing out warmer toned ladies.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. I give overall rating a 5 because when using the eye shadow with a primer the shadow lasts all day...and the colors are gorgeous...I give packaging a 4 because i hate that too faced doesn't sell shadows individually so if you use one color more than other you end up having to buy the entire pallet ... all in all too faced is my favorite brand...

on 2/13/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't like this one as much as the Natural, as I find all three of the HUGE pans on the left relatively useless as they don't show up on me very well at all, except maybe as a highlighter and that's a big maybe. It's a little hard to justify the price for six teeny little shadows, but I suppose buying even six individually would be steep. At any rate, all shades on the right half show up nicely on my NC25 skin for a soft, pretty eye. I wouldn't have thought to buy these colors individually or put them all together, so there's something to be said for that.
Still don't like the drawer, the cards, or the applicator thingy, but I'd still probably splash out for this again...
EDIT: Upping my rating on Unmentionables alone; plus I've been using this more than I thought I would.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I like this but I don't love it. The lightest shade is chalky on my lids which sucks because the pan is so huge. I like all of the other shades enough but I guess I was expecting higher quality. This is perfect for a light daytime eye, especially if you work in a conservative environment. Most of the shades are shimmery or satin but they are still all understated. Several of the taupey shades are really close in color. I'm sure this is an amazing palette for PPP ladies. For me it is merely nice to have but not a must have.

on 2/8/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This palette is amazing! I love it.
In the buff is a perfect highlight color.
Birthday suit is a really nice base.
Pink cheeks is a very sparkly nice pink.
Pillow talk is a nice nude sparkly color.
Like a Virgin is my favorite matte crease color.
Satin Sheets is the most amazing color ever, it looks pink in the palette, but goes on a really pretty gold.
Unmentionables is blue-grey with a few 'chunky pieces of glitter'.
Lap dance is grey but a hint of pink/ warm tones.
Stiletto is a classic black color with a build-able color intensity.
Overall, I <3 this palette. My only complaint is about the packaging because I love the brush that comes with it so much I want to use it with other colors but have trouble opening the separate compartment it is located it.

on 2/6/2011 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Sooo I'm a sucker for packaging and I think that's mostly why they are charging what they did. This is my first experience with Too Faced and I have to say...blah. While I don't think it's the worst thing ever, it's not the best either.

Coming with 9 shades, I think most fall short. They aren't very pigmented, which seems to be a common ground for reviews of this palette. I do however, like Birthday Suit. I have olive skin with yellow undertones, so these colors don't show up very well on me at all. The more silver based shades, Unmentionables, Lap Dance & Pillow Talk, aren't for me either...making me look tired.

I won't give up on this brand yet, I just had bad luck...hopefully my next Too Faced buy will be better!!