Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this on a whim at Urban Outfitter's a couple weeks ago. I usually wear colorful eyeshadow but the shades in this palette were pretty and I didn't have many naked colors, just a bunch of browns. I've been using practically only this palette since I got it. I have very fair skin and all of the shades show up beautifully. My favorites have to be Satin Sheets, Birthday Suit and Lap Dance. I don't like the packaging very much and the cards fall out often. I also wish the sizes of the shadows were larger, otherwise I love these shades. I even got an extra palette yesterday (:

on 1/9/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this palette! The color stays on all day when worn over a primer. Very beautiful colors.

on 12/31/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For my coloring and general everyday needs this buy was a major score. I haven't had any problems with the pigmentation--I use urban decay eye primer and find the pigmentation is adequate for my needs. What I like about the palette is I use all the colors (there are no duds) and can create lots of looks for day and night. Stiletto, the black color, works really well as eyeliner so when I'm on the go I throw this palette, my travel brushes, mascara, blush and lipstick and I'm all set.

on 11/16/2010 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely fell in love with this palette online and even more when I swatched it in person at Sephora. The colours were beautiful and the pigmentation seemed great after swatching, so I went ahead and bought it, hoping it would be something I could use every day. I have used this palette nearly every day for several weeks now, trying out different combos and I like this much more now.

The colours are sheer and two do not show up on me at all if you use them all over the lid-to-brow as the cards suggest and shades do not layer over top of them (and I am extremely, extremely fair). Pink Cheeks shows up as nothing but soft glitter and In The Buff hardly shows up either. So far, In The Buff is an okay highlight and that's it. Birthday Suit is great though. Satin Sheets looks pink in the pan but once on my lid, it is barely pink but a beautiful gold-ish shimmer. The other shades are great. Soft and sheer, but pretty. The looks you can create with these shades are very pretty; definitely "soft & sexy" and not for anyone who is attempting a dark, smokey eye (obviously). I do not find they apply the same shade as they appear in the pan though so don't expect that. They also apply drastically differently than how they swatch in-store.

I actually kind of like the packaging. Yes, it's a bit bulky (and for no good reason since the brush is useless), but I kind of like the size of it. And it's attractive otherwise, and the names are cute for the theme of the palette. The look cards, however, are useless, as I implied above.

I really do love the looks I have made with this palette once I got the hang of it, but I am finding that the shades are maybe not as flattering on my skin tone as I was hoping. I have cool toned skin and blue eyes, which I always thought meant I could pull off cool toned colours (silver jewelry and cool coloured clothes look best on me). However, I have red hair, and I find it dictates what kind of makeup I can wear - warm blushes look better on me than cool ones, warm golds flatter nicely, and these cool eye shadows stand out in a bad way when on me, even though I can pull off other cool toned shadows. Again, LOVE the looks I get out of this palette, but I'm afraid they aren't flattering on me. It's strange. Try before you buy if you can, or keep your receipt, since I found this does require some time and effort to love and it may not be flattering on all skin tones. I can see this looking absolutely stunning on blondes with cool skin.

on 10/23/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have the 'Neutral' eye kit which I love and seems to work better on my skintone. I still give this palette a '4' since, while not perfect, it isn't horrible. The color scheme is lovely and while it gives me a pretty and understated look, it isn't as mix-and-matchable for me as the first kit is. I feel I get a few different looks from the natural/neutral kit, and 'Naked' gives me the same look only in barely varying intensities. It's a nice collection, just not for me. I'll use it up I'm sure (since taupey, grey based nudes aren't something I have a lot of) but I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got my Naked kit for free, honestly I was going to just regift it or sell it but cracked and had to try it. Well, I fell in love with it! I'm a neutral shadow lover and I figured I already owned enough so it would be a waste to open it and even test it. The lighter shades are a lil sheer, but not in a cheap way! They are the perfect amount of pigment for daytime/soft looks. Yes, they do show up, they aren't MAC pigmented at all though, but I like that. The darker shades are pigmented and are beyond gorgeous wet as liner. I'm very happy I kept this kit, it's already replaced my everyday MAC neutrals. It's so worth a try if you love creating soft sexy looks! All of the shades are cool-neutral toned also so I think they would flatter any skintone. The double ended brush it comes with is too tiny to use precisely, esp. the liner tip. It's great for a travel touch-up brush to keep in your purse though! xo

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Absolutely love this palette. I knew I had to have it when I saw it. I am a very fair skinned, blonde, blue eyed woman and there are alot of eye shadow colors I cannont wear because they are too dark. These are perfect for me and make my eyes pop. They look natural on me which is a true test because I am so fair alot of colors make me look made up. I paired these with the Free Love lipstick and Sex Pot lip gloss which goes perfect.......

on 9/9/2010 11:11:00 AM

LOVE this kit. LOVE IT.
I always get compliments when I wear this, and find the shades REALLY make my blue eyes POP.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The "Naked Eye" palette from Too Faced is such an adorable box filled with gorgeous, eye-catching colors which are sooo smooth, blendable and soft... you just can't resist it. I looked at the "Natural Eye" palette and it looked a little warmer to me. This one (Naked Eye) seems well-suited for a more neutral/cool preference. I love how the box opens up and closes perfectly magnetically... and I LOVE the 3 instructional cards for different "looks" using tutorials as your guide on how to create those looks, for those of us who aren't as talented ;) There are a couple diferent taupe-y shades, and a few highlighter shades, and a few taupe-y grays, then a black to be used as a liner. Like someone mentioned below, it seems to have the perfect amount to choose from for lid, crease, and highlight colors. As always with palettes, the fall-out is not really preventable... I just think this is super adorable and I will get a lot of use out of it- It's easy, and practical, and simple to mix and match the colors... The first time I used it, my friend told me it looked like I had my eye makeup done professionally!! HA! Thats a HUGE compliment for someone like me who is not too great at applying eye makeup.... **UPDATE** HOLY amazeballs, people. I reach for this more often than any of my thousands of dollars of Dior Quints, Guerlain, Chanel etc etc. It is soooo convenient, and looks gorgeous, and is easy and fun and just- awesome!! I have been told I have such beautiful eyes a few times every time I'm wearing these shades. I love eet. I'm worried it'll be gone someday and that would be a tragedy, I love this thing so much, so I believe I will be buying a back-up or two! **UPDATE-UPDATE* Bought my first back up tonight... hehe*

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a Collection of Beautiful Colors. Similar too thier "Natural eye kit".

"in the buff" is a sheer bone,
"Pillow Talk" is a Taupe color,
"Like a Virgin" a dark taupe,
"Birthday Suit" a shimmery tan,
"Satin Sheets" a gorgeous shimmery pink,
"Unmentionables" a Shimmery Gunmetal color,
"Pink Cheeks" a shimmery light peach,
"Lap Dance" a gorgeous shimmery Chocolatey color
"Stiletto" a matte black.

So far i love this product! Like the natural eye kit, this one also comes with 3 cards that teach you the different looks; "Day", "Classic", and "Fashion".