Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love this palette as someone who doesn't own ton's of eyeshadow and loves neutral cool shades. It has everything I need for day to night. I love playing around with it and the packaging is so cute I always keep it out on my vanity. The shades are nicely pigmented and stay in place even if I do not use shadow primer. I'm very happy with this kit. xo

on 9/5/2011 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love all of Too Faced Palettes. The instruction cards make application a breeze.

Really liked this palette. Works well for fair, cool-toned skin like mine (NW20). Makes a great travel palette, since you can do both daytime and evening looks. Would have been even better if a couple of the shadows were matte or less shimmery (one lippie off for that.) Also the drawer and sponge brush were a waste of space. Would have preferred a thinner palette.

on 7/7/2011 12:43:00 AM

The packaging and names of the shadows are the big selling point on this item. Very cute. Plus, it gives direction cards for each look the eyeshadows are for. You can, of course, do whatever you want with them. They are subtle and pigmented at the same time. Very blendable and go with pretty much any look you want to try. I don't get any creasing with this either. I like this enough that I'm going to get each of the collections.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

The shades in this Too Faced kit are super soft and blend well. They give you that sexy sultry Playboy type of eye paired with liner and lashes. It has cool and neutral grey, pink, cream, brown, and taupe shades. The matte black shade is nice for smokey eyes. It's also so nice for everyday looks. I love it.

on 5/11/2011 4:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Product: I have tried a few Too Faced products before, but never the eyeshadows. I wasn't hugely impressed however. As people have said before me, the colours are deceiving in the pan, especially 'Satin Sheets' which looks like a nude highlighter with a gold shimmer not the pink you see in the pallette. I think the grey-based colours also look too similar on the skin. The eyeshadows are pretty long-lasting however, even though I end up with gold sparkle all on my cheeks when I use Satin Sheets!

Packaging: The packaging lured me in and probably convinced me to buy this product.The brush is awful however, waste of time! Tutorial cards are OK.

Price: 26, so on the expensive side of things.

Overall: Wouldn't buy again, especially at this price. Would rather buy a couple of full-size MAC or UD shadows, especially as some of the shadows in the palette looked the same! Such as shame as the packaging promised more.

EDIT: After using eyeshadows from this palette solidly over a week I got lots of little white bumps all over my eyelids which, unsurprisingly have cleared up since I've stopped wearing this product. Just a warning! :(

on 4/21/2011 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Had my eye on this for a while...everytime I went into Sephora I'd walk away with every color swatched! Finally went ahead and bought it. I adore almost all the colors except Birthday Suit which just made my whole look messy on my pale skin. In the Buff is a great matte highlight color. All of the shades showed up nicely on me, nothing too harsh. Easy to blend and seamlessly went together. The "Day, Night and Fashion" cards were adorable and great color combos. The things I didn't love was the bulky packaging, the drawer at the bottom and the price. $35 for 9 colors? Meh. All in all great colors for a light smokey day look or a dramatic evening look.

I love this product and i love the colors and that you can do a very sheer look to something very dramatic. I use this palette for my everyday look and what i do is i put 'In the buff' as a base and then i put 'satin sheets' a beautiful shiny pink color on my lids and 'Lap dance' a shimmery brown color in my crease and it looks so beautiful. This palette is great to have in your makeup bag because what i go out i turn my everyday look into a dramatic night look. This palette comes with a matte black and when i say matte i mean MATTE black and i use that which is called 'stiletto' as my eye liner and i use 'unmentionables' to darken up my look. This is really an all purpose palette and if your getting started all you need to buy is this palette and you'll be set for life!

I just returned this palette and got the UD Naked palette instead. I didn't like the packaging and you get a small amount of shadow. I have NC25 skin and most of these colors were too cool for me and made me look a little off. I think the colors would be perfect for a very natural look on cool fair skin. I did however really like the colors satin sheets and like a virgin. I wish the colors worked for me because they looked so pretty in the palette.

on 2/3/2011 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Ok... I bought this the other day because I didn't have an eye shadow palette and I wanted a natural one. I think that I'm liking it a lot. I am not much of an eye shadow person. I have big blue eyes that I think stand out pretty well on their own. With some mascara, they don't really need a lot of additional help. Therefore, when I try to wear eye shadow, a lot of times I feel like it just looks like I'm wearing way too much eye make up. However, with this, I feel like I get an enhanced and natural look, which is what I was going for. Yes, the colors are light. They may or may not be that pigmented. Again, I don't have that much eye shadow experience. I could see that if you have darker skin, this won't work for you. I'm very fair, so it shows up in a nice way on me. I like that it never looks harsh. Basically, this is a neutral, natural looking eye palette. When I wear this, I feel like people basically can't tell I'm wearing eye shadow, which was my goal. It's great for day wear and work. I find the cards very handy.

My only downside with this is the packaging. I have what I think is a decent size make up case, and this thing takes up almost half of it. I feel like it could be less chunky. Yeah, the packaging is totally cute, but it's a bit much if you want to carry it around everyday. (I live in NYC, walk to work, and do my make up when I get here, so this goes with me everyday.) Other than that, I am happy with it. Since I like it, I'm happy with the price point. I don't think the cost is unreasonable. If you're fair, and want a nice neutral eye look, give this a go:)