Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

on 4/21/2011 8:46:00 PM

had heard this was like the Naked Palette (which I also have and like very much) for fairer folk. I had a 15% off coupon a few months ago for VIB at Sephora so I decided to give it a whirl. I wanted to love it, I'm not impressed. The shadows themselves are kinda chalky in my opinion and not that pigmented. I felt like I really had to pack it on even though I did use a good primer. Also I felt like the colors themselves didn't go on as they looked in the pan. For instance, when I used the first 3 shadows (In the Buff, Pillow Talk and Like a Virgin) they looked white, greyish-taupe and brown respectively, yet when applied and blended they appeared to be a muddy purple. I asked my friend what the colors appeared to be applied on my eyes and was told a light purplish-grey. Likewise for me the black applied chalky and greyish. If I'm NW15 and having this issue I can't even imagine how it would work for someone who is of a darker complexion, but I think most gals know by now that this palette works better for paler people. It's not an awful product, just not worth $35 bucks plus tax. I find that Wet and Wild shadows even apply better and have a richer pigment than these. The packaging is also cute but bulky and unnecessary. I've had this for about 4 months now and I've made myself use it, but I forget I have it and have to force myself to reach for it. Generally that isn't the sign of the greatest product. I would definitely not buy again and will probably gift this to one of my friends who will hopefully enjoy it more

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love these shadows, this is a nice kit and the shadows are long lasting. I also have UD naked palet but I use this more.

on 4/12/2011 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice change from the typical bronze look you get in most neutral palettes. If UD Naked felt too warm, this would be nice for you. The colors are more cool toned. There are hues of purpley-pink type colors, a greyish color, etc. It think the not "brown" selection is what makes this palette so interesting and perhaps preferred by some over UD Naked.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this palette. It gives an amazing smokey eye, but also will give a more natural daytime look as well, while still using grays. I've used this in combination with the right end of the Urban Decay Naked palette and all the results are always amazing. I really highly recommend this Palette. Works great with my brown eyes.

on 4/5/2011 8:01:00 AM

I bought this on a whim at Sephora because it is really a gorgeous looking palette. The colors "appeared" to be exactly what I was looking for...all in one nice little palette. Well, get home and it's a different story when I try to use them. Pigmentation was terrible...terrible terrible, and that's with TFSI. The black color (can't remember the name) is the only one that would remotely show up, but it did not blend well at all on my eyes. I tried it twice, and back to the store it went....honestly this is the first item I've returned to Sephora, but for the price, no way I could justify keeping this. Only gave it 2 stars because it IS pretty to look at!

on 4/5/2011 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wrote a review a while back but have decided to completely revamp it because I went away on vacation and despite it being bulky...it was PERFECT for travelling! Yes it is a pain in the butt in a way but now since I have owned it for over a year, I am used to it.

I could have just brought my brushes, this palate and the two small single shade shadows and been perfectly set all week! At first I was only loving a few of the shadows (Like A Virgin still looks ruddy and dirty on me) but I'm trying to use my products until hitting pan.

If you're going to be traveling I really do recommend this palate, it has blush highlighter, bronzer and you can use the lighter colors for day and easily layer the darker shades for night. You don't want to spend all day doing makeup and having something all in one like this is the best solution!

on 3/30/2011 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Nice but not worth 40 damn dollars!!! This was b4 I discovered wet n wild. Gosh I feel ripped off for some reason. Ok but not great.

on 3/23/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this set so much! You can go simple for your everyday look or your at work look or go dramatic! I love that you can make it look like you are hardly wearing any make up at all! That is rare! I would tell anyone to give it a chance.

on 3/22/2011 10:24:00 PM

I'm so sad that I couldn't make this pallet work for me. The colors are so beautiful, if only it was more pigmented. No matter how much you pack on the color, it will not show up very much and it fades away to nothing in a short amount of time. I even tried to shave off some of the shadows and used the shavings to really pack it on, but no go. Also, there's a lot of fallout and I couldn't even use the black shade as an eyeliner. Oh well. I just returned it back to Sephora.

I love this product and i love the colors and that you can do a very sheer look to something very dramatic. I use this palette for my everyday look and what i do is i put 'In the buff' as a base and then i put 'satin sheets' a beautiful shiny pink color on my lids and 'Lap dance' a shimmery brown color in my crease and it looks so beautiful. This palette is great to have in your makeup bag because what i go out i turn my everyday look into a dramatic night look. This palette comes with a matte black and when i say matte i mean MATTE black and i use that which is called 'stiletto' as my eye liner and i use 'unmentionables' to darken up my look. This is really an all purpose palette and if your getting started all you need to buy is this palette and you'll be set for life!

Popular Palettes