Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

on 1/6/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am so happy I swapped for this because I would have been pissed had I spent the full $35 value for it. Caution!! these shadows in pictures are larger than in person. Man..was I shocked when it arrived. A majority of the shadows themselves are so little(with the exception of the first shadow in each row). I'm a neutral addict so I had to have it. Was I disappointed? Maybe a little, but it had nothing to do with shadow quality. The disappointments were in the areas of size of shadows,price, generic tutorial cards that come with it, and the applicator. To touch on the negative points first. Aside from the first shadows in each row, the remaining shadows are little and for $35 I expect the shadows to be more substantial in size. I would have liked to have seen more realistic tutorial card showing placement on an actual person. I think that would have been more helpful. And finally, the applicator which is dual sided..one side your standard sponge tip which wasn't bad, but the other is an angled brush that is so stiff, you can't do anything with it. The shadows themselves are excellent and I didn't find pigmentation to be an issue as some have mentioned. I'm NC15/20 and these shadows, while not highly pigmented,are sheer but buildable and give a natural or "Naked" look hence the palette name. So, the way these shadows are pigmented makes sense. With this type of look ,you want people to complement how beautiful you look and not your shadow. The first row or the "Day" shadows contain In the Buff which is an semi-matte eggshell, Pillow Talk which is a semi-matte, light taupe based beige(weird as that sounds, that's how I see it), and Like a Virgin which is a darker semi matte true taupe.. and what I mean by true taupe is that it's the perfect balance of brown and grey with no base colors making it taupe in the truest sense of the word. The next row or the "Classic" row contains Birthday Suit which has the perfect amount of frost and while it looks like sand, it applies with the most gorgeous rosey undertone. Next is Satin Sheets which is a frosted( but not overly) light pink with lots of golden iridescence,and lastly Unmentionables which is the color of a black pearl. Lastly there's the "Fashion" row which contains Pink Cheeks which is a pink tinged ecru, Lap Dance**Star of the palette** this shade is gorgeous..It's the lovechild of MAC Satin Taupe and Hard to please with a wearable amount of frost. And finally Stiletto which is a deep inky black. My take on this obviously is mixed, I know. While I'm glad I have it, I think it's a must have, and I would try to get my hands on it again, I would only get it if I could get it for less than retail. Just my 2 cents;)

on 1/3/2011 1:07:00 PM

First thing's first. If you don't like shimmer, don't buy this. Seven out of the nine shadows contain shimmer/sheen. One of the shadows, 'Satin Sheets', is an iridescent baby pink.

That aside, Too Faced has the hook up on cute packaging. Brings the fun back to making up your face, in my opinion. No plastic = better for the environment. The palette is cardboard, and should be stored outside of a makeup bag, maybe on your shelf.

This kit will create some soft, sultry looks, that work well with any eye color. I would advise you to use Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay's Primer Potion to make these shadows really pop.

There are three based shadows, titled 'Day' (In The Buff), a nice, white base/highlighter), 'Classic' (Birthday Suit), a very soft, sexy, taupe with some sheen, and 'Fashion' (Pink Cheeks), a nice, whitish-pink. They're of good size, and accompanied by six smaller shadows, each about 1/3 of the size (Pillow Talk -- a slightly pinker, but not, version of Birthday Suit, Like a Virgin -- a nice, very matte and muted grey with a hint of purple, Satin Sheets -- an interesting iridescent pink that looks slightly coral with a hint of yellow in the sunlight, Unmentionables -- might be my favorite, simply due it's dramatic feel with hints of dark brown, muted purple, and a good amount of metallic sheen, Lap Dance -- a shimmery taupe that shines a sunset pink in the sunlight, and Stiletto -- a solid, matte black, perfect for smoking out or lining your eyes.)

All in all, you can get a variety of effects from the set, and included are step-by-step instruction cards for a Day, Classic, or Fashion look.

The quality of the shadows is very good, and I have to hand it to Too Faced for creating some very interesting, multi-dimensional colors that do different things in different light. I gave this palette as a gift, and have one for myself.

on 12/31/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For my coloring and general everyday needs this buy was a major score. I haven't had any problems with the pigmentation--I use urban decay eye primer and find the pigmentation is adequate for my needs. What I like about the palette is I use all the colors (there are no duds) and can create lots of looks for day and night. Stiletto, the black color, works really well as eyeliner so when I'm on the go I throw this palette, my travel brushes, mascara, blush and lipstick and I'm all set.

Ok. normally it's $35 but i got a 20% discount coupon at Ulta so only paid 29. I like the palette, the instructional cards are convenient, and agree that the package would be better if it were sleeker and not a bulky box.Quality is good, application in morning lasts throughout the day for me. My favs are lapdance (iridescent pearl grey) and satin sheets(frosty pink champagne). Honestly i think those should be put in a duo, because I don't think I would use the other colors as much and would only repurchase this again if that was the only way i could get those colors.

on 12/20/2010 10:23:00 PM

I'm really enjoying this palette. I bought this after I was a bit disappointed with the Urban Decay Naked Palette, and I think these colors are much more flattering on me. These shades are definitely cool toned, but they are so subtle that I can see them working on most people. My favorite shades are Pillow Talk and Like a Virgin, which are on the top row for the day look. They are such beautiful understated taupe/gray matte shades and I have nothing in my collection similar. These are my first Too Faced shadows and my only complaint is that they are a bit powdery. I also think this palette is overpriced and I only decided to buy it with Sephora's 20% off friends and family. The UD Naked Palette is a much better deal, but since I'm enjoying these shades much more, this palette wins out for me.

on 12/20/2010 12:15:00 AM

This kit is amazing. I am very fair (NC 15 for reference) and this kit is very complimentary. The colors are very wearable for day and night (i.e. rushing from class to meet up with friends). The colors are pigmented and give the wearer a "polished" appearance with appearing overdone. Also - the eyeshadows don't budge / smudge / get under your eyes (even without primer).

This collection is definitely subtle and soft and not for someone who is looking for a dramatic look (don't let some of the darker colors fool you - still soft and subtle).

I have a love / hate relationship with the packaging. It's great for keeping around the house but too clunky for keeping in your purse in case of touch ups.

I will re-purchase when I run through this kit and would recommend to a friend.

This is the cool-toned gal's version of the UD Naked Palette. Filled with cool greys, pinks, taupes, and one black shade, this kit allows you to create a variety of looks ranging from work- to club-appropriate.
While everything in this palette is wearable, the two standout shades for me are Satin Sheets, a pearly medium pink with gold iridescence, and Lap Dance, a glorious purple-grey duochromatic hybrid reminiscent of a pressed version of MAC Softwashed Grey pigment. Unmentionables is also noteworthy as the perfect crease color for my NW15 skintone. It's dramatic enough to make my eyes pop but subtle enough to not make me look bruised.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When I don't know what eyeshadow to wear or I'm in a rush, or a want a fool-proof pretty eye that looks great, I reach for this palette. I bought it in July and although I use it 2-3 times a week, still haven't hit pan on any colors. I'm pretty fair with green eyes and I love EVERY color. I give it a 4 because I don't seem to use it like the instructional cards want me to, and I think the drawer at the bottom with the sponge/angle brush is a bit pointless. But I love the quality, love the colors, and will definitely buy another one once this one is gone.

Ok, I bought this palette as well as their "glamourland" palette exclusive to Sephora. These went back soooo fast ... the pigmentation on these shadows are HORRIBLE !!!! I have NC37 skin and i'd say about 80% of these shadows don't show up on me at all ! I actually bought these opposed to the UD<3NYC palette ... what in the world was i thinking !!!!!!! I returned these and turned around and bought the UD palette... and thank god i did because that palette is amazing !!!!!

on 11/16/2010 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely LOVE this. The colors are gorgeous on me. I'm into cooler-toned neutrals at the moment, so I passed the Urban Decay Naked palette over in favor of this one and I'm SO glad I did.
The quality is 5 stars - they blend like a dream. For such shimmery shadows, there isn't a whole lot of fallout with these. If you love Stila's Kitten but hate the fallout, Satin Sheets is a good dupe to it, only a little more gold in tone and more satin than glittery.
This collection is good for those who like a soft, neutral look that is also sexy. I like that there are enough shadows here that I can do a few different COMPLETE looks - without having to bust out my other palettes. This comes with three instruction cards for Day/Classic/Fashion looks, but I prefer to mix them all up and make my own.
Like a Virgin happens to be my perfect brow shade, which is a personal bonus for me. The shadows don't crease/fade at all, which is always great.
Cons: The packaging is a bit unnecessary, but it still fits in my purse if I need it to. I'm afraid of smashing my pressed powders so I usually leave them at home anyway. The brush is pretty much junk but since I use Like a Virgin for my brows it's nice to have in there for emergency touch-ups.
This collection would probably suit pale complexions best since a lot of the shades are pretty light in tone.
One thing to note - Satin Sheets applies different than it looks in the pan - it's a pale, champagne-y gold, not very pink at all.

My Everyday Sexy Eye using the TF Naked Eye Collection:
Priming my eyes with MAC Rubenesque paint pot on the lid/crease and Bare Study on the brow bone, I pack Satin Sheets all over the lid. In the crease, I blend Pillow Talk until I get a soft definition. I then blend Lap Dance into the outer half of my crease and outer v, making sure not to blend it above where Pillow Talk ends. Next, I define the outer v with Stiletto (using a LIGHT hand). I highlight with In The Buff, line my eyes, then set/wing out the liner with Stiletto again. The result is very similar to the picture on the front of the box.