Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Filtered by age: 25-29
Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

on 1/27/2011 5:53:00 PM

Okay, so I bought this because I wanted a neutral eye palette and because of the great reviews that were given. Unfortunately, the colors are a bit chalky and barely show up on my taned face. I really want to like this so I will try to do all the looks first and then give you all an update. These are just my preliminary thoughts :)

on 1/9/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this palette! The color stays on all day when worn over a primer. Very beautiful colors.

Ok. normally it's $35 but i got a 20% discount coupon at Ulta so only paid 29. I like the palette, the instructional cards are convenient, and agree that the package would be better if it were sleeker and not a bulky box.Quality is good, application in morning lasts throughout the day for me. My favs are lapdance (iridescent pearl grey) and satin sheets(frosty pink champagne). Honestly i think those should be put in a duo, because I don't think I would use the other colors as much and would only repurchase this again if that was the only way i could get those colors.

on 12/20/2010 10:23:00 PM

I'm really enjoying this palette. I bought this after I was a bit disappointed with the Urban Decay Naked Palette, and I think these colors are much more flattering on me. These shades are definitely cool toned, but they are so subtle that I can see them working on most people. My favorite shades are Pillow Talk and Like a Virgin, which are on the top row for the day look. They are such beautiful understated taupe/gray matte shades and I have nothing in my collection similar. These are my first Too Faced shadows and my only complaint is that they are a bit powdery. I also think this palette is overpriced and I only decided to buy it with Sephora's 20% off friends and family. The UD Naked Palette is a much better deal, but since I'm enjoying these shades much more, this palette wins out for me.

This is the cool-toned gal's version of the UD Naked Palette. Filled with cool greys, pinks, taupes, and one black shade, this kit allows you to create a variety of looks ranging from work- to club-appropriate.
While everything in this palette is wearable, the two standout shades for me are Satin Sheets, a pearly medium pink with gold iridescence, and Lap Dance, a glorious purple-grey duochromatic hybrid reminiscent of a pressed version of MAC Softwashed Grey pigment. Unmentionables is also noteworthy as the perfect crease color for my NW15 skintone. It's dramatic enough to make my eyes pop but subtle enough to not make me look bruised.

on 11/6/2010 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The e/s are very smooth & well-pigmented. Good for a very neutral/"naked" look. Almost too naked for me since the lighter shades pretty much match my skintone (NW10). But... this can give me a very natural, no makeup eye & it can also give me a sexier look. I think this is a good basic to have but in general I prefer more drama

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Okay, so I really enjoyed the NAKED palette by Urban Decay and decided to give this Too Faced Naked kit a whirl considering I generally LOVE Too Faced products... I did not like this one! At all. The colors, to me, seem gorgeous in the kit and I loved the names, however, when on, they are not true in my opinion. They lost a lot of pigmentation. Perhaps these colors were too light for my NC40 skin...? :/ I don't know, I went with this one because the TF Neutral palette looked too similar to my UD NAKED and I wanted even more neutrals since the fabulous experience with the neutrals UD NAKED. Colors in this TF Naked palette did not blend very well... Basically these appeared blah and blah. I know the point is to look naked- but nakeds should look like you, but better-- not worse... :P Did not like the chalky look and feel of these shadows. This may work for someone... but for me- no thank you!

on 10/9/2010 6:56:00 PM

I bought this product on a whim while shopping for a product completely unrelated. I was wondering whether I had wasted my money on the way home, but after cracking it open I am so glad I made this purchase.

The colors are absolutely gorgeous. I have very fair skin and it's hard to find good neutrals. I was in the market for some good neutrals that weren't typical browns.

They wear beautifully, though I do wear a good eye primer, so that might have a bit to do with it. They blend well together and you can make so many different looks with just this one pallet. From super natural to a dramatic smoky look - this pallet is incredibly versatile.

The packaging isn't the best. It's cute, but renders it useless for carrying along. It just seems a bit bulky to me. Also, the brush that is included is maybe okay for emergencies, though I'd be more apt to just use my fingers.

I feel like it's a bit pricey for just eyeshadow, but then again, I'm pretty sure I'd purchase it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I so wanted to love this! It was ok, but not as great as I thought it would be. I love that it has the 3 cards included that show you how to do different looks, step-by-step (this was the main reason I bought this) The colors in this palette are more matte, so anyone can wear it. Its great you can wear something that looks good and natural when you dont do your full eye look. The colors in the daytime palette are almost identical to the covergirl 3- eyeshadow in almond truffles, but they have a little more shimmer to it. The packaging was cute, but I carry my make up with me in my purse, so its kinda hard. There's not very much either. Nice color combinations and looks though!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The Too Faced Natural Eye palette is one of my favorite palettes, so when the Natural Eye palette came out, I was eager to get my hands on it. The Natural Eye palette creates a soft and polished finish. I especially like the soft, pink and taupe colors. Think dusky gray and light pink - the 'powersuit' of ES combinations.
It's a very classy and grown-up look, while looking clean and polished all at the same time. It's easy to transform a clean daytime look to something sexier, by simply using the darker colors to create a smokier look.
I also supplement certain colors (Silk Teddy - peach champagne shimmer) from the Natural Eye palette when I need a little pop of color or to glam things up without going too warm. It creates a different but just as versatile look as the original palette. <3