Filtered by hair type : Wavy

on 11/17/2012 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product in a sampler package, which came with the Super Plus+ Pink and VIP Gold, Diamond and the Origional Oriental in tube form.
I found this to be overall a good BB cream. (My second favorite of this pack).
PROS
-Good coverage
-Buildable
-Can eleminate the need for a concealer which is nice
-Great for sensitive and acne prone skin
-Smoothing
-Matte finish
-No strong odor
-Sebum (Oil) control
-Acts as a Primer (I love this!)
CONS
-Does not change to perfectly match my skin tone, but does more closely match my tanned skin when it is oxidized (this is a con because it is winter time and I have lost my colour)
-Comes out of the tube grey, and takes between 10 and 15 minutes to oxidize
-I am not a huge fan of the texture, it is similar to that of the too faced primers and applies that way so it is more difficult to blend though not impossible
-I found this cream to be Drying on my skin even when I moisturized beforehand (though it is wintertime on the Canadian Priaries)
OVERALL
This is a good BB cream for the summer months for me. This BB cream is fairly priced on the SKIN79 North American Website a 40g container will cost you about $30, which from my research so far, and being limited by the BB creams available to people in Canada seems pretty average. I am not a huge fan of the texture, it is thicker and you need to spend a little time blending it in. I will admit I am into the quick makeup routine so the time it takes for this to apply and oxidize definitely adds some time to my routine (which I don't always have). Lastly I found this product to be drying on my skin, in the summer when I used this cream more often I didn't notice the drying effects but the winters in Winnipeg are so dry my skin actually cracks if I don't moisturize and I found that after a few hours of wear my skin was starting to dry out. It is for that last reason if I do repurchase this product it will be for summer use. But, if you have normal, combination or oily skin, if you are a teenager, if you have sensitive skin and you fall into Macs N(C or W)20-25 range definitely give this product a try. Bonus: this is usually offered in a sample 4 pack for about 5 dollars! WIN!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The color matches my skin tone very well. It has a consistency and coverage similar to Dr. Jart Premium BB, but in a much lighter color, which is good for me. Check my profile for my skin tone, a neutral NC15. I'm very pleased with the finish and price as well: It costs a fraction of what Dr Jart's cost with better results. I'll update when I've worn this enough to see if it makes a difference in my hyper pigmentation.

EDIT: I've been wearing this for a few months: does nada for hyper pigmentation. However, for such a bargain product, I'm not surprised. I love having this BB Cream as an option: it feels pretty nice on the skin and covers all but the worst of blemishes.

on 10/26/2012 2:39:00 PM

I have tried the orange label prior to the pink label, and found that the pink label is much better for me. I am NW15 with combination/oily skin. This cream looks darker than my skin tone when I first pump it out, but once applied it's almost as if it transforms itself to blend right in with my skin tone. It has more of a matte finish than the orange label. Also, it pumps out a perfect amount of product. Where as, the orange label pumps out way too much product. The packing is nice, and if you want to see how much product is left, the inner tube actually lifts out of the outter case, and you can hold it to light to see exactly how much is left. I have been using this bottle everyday for a month and a half and I still have more than 50% left in it. The coverage is impressive, I don't use foundation anymore. It's also saved me money on moisturizers and SPF creams. For extra coverage, I wait about 5 mins to let the BB cream set, then I add a loose or pressed powder to set it. This is my new HG and I plan to continue to buy this over and over again.

Also: I see that others are complaining of breakouts, I'd just like to note that this product has not caused me to break out at all, in fact, my complexion is more clear and even toned from using this product. I use to use pro activ for my occasional break outs, but I have not had any since using this.

on 10/12/2012 3:22:00 PM

I ordered this product after watching many YouTube reviews. It took me a while to figure out how to work with it, but now that I've got a routine down I really enjoy this stuff. I use the Yes To Blueberries cleansing towelette followed by Urban Decay All-Nighter as a primer. Then, I apply just over a pea-sized amount. This stuff is thick, so I cover the bottom half of my face, and then work to the top. After I've applied it, I wait a couple minutes while the grayish tone that the product initially has turns more fleshy. Then I do a light dusting over whatever powder I'm using at the moment (lately MAC Studio Fix) and that helps warm the color up for me. Then I go on with the rest of my face (bronzer, blush, whatever).

+PRO: What I love about this stuff is that I can build up a nice overage and yet it still feels light and "healthy" ...Also, I stay matter throughout the day when I wear this BB cream as opposed to a traditional liquid foundation. My face doesn't feel heavy or oily when I wear this. The packaging is nice-looking and cleanly.

-CON: It's a little hard to work with because of the thickness. You've really got to let it set for a good 5 minutes before setting with a powder, as it seems to be a little sticky up until the 5-minute mark. Also, it only comes in one light shade that doesn't suit me in the summertime.

*OVERALL: LOVE this product and will continue to repurchase whilst hoping that they make a tanner shade!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Okay. I'm in love. Seriously. Skin79 BB creams are AMAZING. It makes my skin feel silky and smooth, moisturized and makes it look dreamy. Yes. I said dreamy. Without looking like I'm wearing any foundation at all this product manages to blend out all my redness and give me an airbrush like finish. I top it off with some HD powder and it's perfection. It doesn't break me out, doesn't cake, doesn't smudge, doesn't oxidize..... the list goes on. It DOES look a little grey when first applied but once you blend it in that goes away and you're left with glowing healthy looking skin. Then again, I'm really fair skinned and have very few blemishes. This might not work for someone who is blemish prone, has oily skin or has darker skin but it's a win for us 20-50 fair skinned gals! I will be buying this over and over and over again. (For the record I bought the Gold and the Pink labels... I liked them both. I don't really makes a difference which one you choose if you're on the fence with those two)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first BB cream and overall I am very impressed. It really provides nice coverage and evens out my skin tone. It matches very well with my fair skin. My skin is slightly oily, yet this BB cream doesn't make my skin slick and wears well. My slight acne even seems to have improved since I started using it! I like the opaque packaging that keeps the ingredients stable. My only real quibble is the pump--I find it hard to dispense just the correct amount, but perhaps I just need more practice. I would definitely consider repurchasing the product and I am anxious to try other Skin79 products as well.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this BB cream on Amazon for $20, and I love it! It does leave my face fairly shiny but I always set my BB creams with a translucent powder anyway. It covers the general unevenness of my skin, however I do need a little concealer around my nose. If I need extra coverage I use it as a primer under my MAC studio fix powder.
Overall its a really great quick skin fix to even out your skin and add a little radiance. It makes the cheap American BB Creams look like a joke (I'm lookin' at you Garnier and Maybelline).

on 8/30/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This came in a 4-pack I ordered to try. I wanted to try BB creams to streamline my am routine...I need to wear sunscreen daily as I am very prone to hyperpigmentation. My skin is sensitive to chemical filters, so I am stuck with physical filters like Zinc0 and TiO2. And since I have a light but not super pale complexion, I have to mix in bronzer or apply makeup over the sunscreen to make it look right. Add in the fact that most Zinc0 sunscreens are drying, so I require a moisturizer...and you now have an annoyingly complicated am routine for a low maintenance person who travels a lot. SO, this seemed like a wonderful solution.

I did not notice any grayness when I applied it. I did notice that my entire NC25-30ish face was 2 shades lighter. I looked like I was trying out for a vampire movie. It appeared like full foundation that was 2 shades too light. So I waited for it to oxidize................................................................................................................................................................................................................an hour later there was no change, and I had to wash it off to leave the house and look presentable.

Now, I notice that many happy muaers are using this much more sparingly than I was...which is fine, if you don't care about getting any sun protection. For me, this isn't any better than regular makeup that I mix into my sunscreen or apply over it. It is cheap, so.....there's that.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got a sample pack of this, 4 Skin79 BB creams to try. This is the second I've used (I tried Gold first and liked it a lot). I like the scent, which is slightly sunscreen, and use it as a primer of sorts, patting it onto my face lightly. It is less creamy than the Gold version and doesn't offer the same coverage (for those wanting to use it alone or as a tinted primer). I do notice a bit of difference in the wear of my MUFE F&B but overall, I prefer the Gold version for feel, ease of application, and it's somewhat moisturizing properties.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Ok, I LOVE this product, I've had it and have been using it for 2 days now and I feel like my skin is already glowing. My pores already appear smaller and it smells lovely. The color oxidized perfect to my skin tone and I'm medium-tan. (tan right now because of the Texas heat) I have 2 complaints however. 1. Sometimes the pump gets stuck which is frustrating especially when you're in a rush. 2. I have very oily skin and this bb cream does nothing for it, but at least it doesn't make it worse.