Filtered by hair type : Wavy

on 7/7/2013 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I don't think it would be possible for me to love this more. I buy two bottles at a time, just in case. It gives me the coverage of a foundation, with everything else I could possibly need. I don't even buy foundation anymore. Just a pump of this from my forehead to my chest, a bit of powder and I'm done. I'm very fair, with a slightly pink undertone. This color is perfect. It just makes my skin look like, well, skin. My skin, but with less freckles, red spots, and other imperfections. It's everything in one pink bottle.

Please, Skin79, never stop making this magic elixir! You are my HG!!!

on 6/16/2013 5:07:00 PM

This is a pretty decent BB cream. I have severe PIH marks on my cheeks as well as rosacea...it covers the redness from the rosacea very well, but the dark marks are still visible. It feels creamy and thick, but melts into your skin. It's sticky for a few minutes as it settles in, but you can barely feel it once it dries. With my dry skin, it absolutely does not look dewy, although I've heard that it can be rather shiny on oily skin. I also buffer it with a moisturizer underneath, because on its own it would be too dry for me.
It didn't actually aggravate my rosacea, which is a blessing in and of itself (as many people with sensitive rosacea skin will know).
As far as whitening, I didn't notice until after I stopped using it that it had been very slowly fading my PIH on my cheeks. They were still noticeable, but sort of melted into my complexion slightly better. I attribute this to the arbutin in the cream.
My main problem with it has been just how grey it is...it never seems to really blend out to my (admittedly very fair) colouring, instead making me look darker and very, very dull. Almost dusty. It's a shame, if the colour worked out better, I would definitely repurchase.

on 6/9/2013 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Cute and functional packaging, a LOT of product, and a good price. It is very lightweight and gives perfect coverage. It is buildable and blendable and looks like second skin! I have very sensitive skin when it comes to products breaking me out, and this didn't break me out at all. After I apply a layer of this, I lightly powder to mattify any oilies for the rest of the day (usually, a constant battle for me) and I stay very matte ALL DAY. Also, SPF! Can you say HG? This is my first BB cream and I'm just gonna say it now, I don't feel like I have to test any others out.

This is my all time favorite beauty product. Ever. Before this BB cream I was always switching foundations- I must have tried dozens. I ordered this BB cream from Amazon for $15.33, a good price but actually the most expensive I've bought since before I've only used drugstore brands. I bought it because of the great reviews, although I had concerns about coverage and color. I am prone to slight breakouts and my skin is a little tan, especially during the summer, so I was concerned that the BB cream would be too light for me.
Despite my hesitations, I absolutely love my skin79 BB cream. It makes me skin look healthy and smooth and gives enough coverage without a cakey look. I still use concealer but that's because I sometimes get some nasty acne. I apply the BB cream with my Real Techniques Expert Facebrush and I feel using the brush gives a more natural look, although it does use a little more product than just applying with your fingers. However, the bottle does last a long time; I've had my current one for about two months and I still have quite some product left. The bottle is also great! It comes with a nice pump and the packaging is really cute. I have found, though, that its hard to tell if you're running out of product so now I open the bottle once in a while to check. To open it I just take something small and flat like a screwdriver or even tweezers and I stick it where you press down on the pump and pull up. Inside the pink container is a smaller white one.
I rarely ever write reviews but Im just absolutely in love with this BB cream and it saves me the stress and money of having to search for other foundations. This product is well worth the money and makes my skin healthier, clearer, and beautiful!

***Update***I'm still using this BB cream, and I'm still in love with it. I have changed how I apply it. I found that first rubbing the BB cream on my face with my fingers and then patting some more product where I need more coverage works best for me. I think I'll be using this product for a very long time!

on 5/19/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Something about myself:
Chinese ethnic lives in humid super hot tropical city
skin type: combination oily with acne prone, the yucky oily mostly appears on my T zone (a lot!), my chin and my monolid's eyelid
skin color: NC30 or C3 on MAC, with yellow undertone

Pro:
- blends perfectly, by finger or any brush you have
- cover amazingly
- decent oil control, but I need to use blot powder though for the bb cream stays full day
- doesn't transfer when you blot or use mobile phone
- has enough SPF to protect me from this freaking hot city
- doesn't break me out, although it contains talc

Con:
- too much paraben
- has greyish undertone which after it oxidizes, it is a bit too light on my skin

Overall, I used to love this bb cream a lot, it was my HG, currently I'm on my 3rd bottle but I took a lippie out just because I found out it uses too many paraben, I would like to find something else which are better for my skin in longer period.

on 4/5/2013 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I feel a little guilty revewing this because I only used it once, from a sample packet. But I wanted to give my (very brief) experience with it. For reference, I'm MAC NC10-15, NARS Gobi or Siberia. I've been on a hunt for a while now for a BB Cream that will work with my skin. The skincare benefits really appeal to me, and I like the idea of putting makeup on my face that will actually *help* my skin. So far I've tried the Skin79 Orange BB Cream (dried out my skin, made me itch, accentuated pores, caked up), and the VIP Gold (still a little itchy, still caked up a little, and also accentuated pores). As a last resort I thought I'd try the sample packet of the Pink Label BB Cream I'd received with my Gold order.
I thought it applied soooo nicely! It literally immediately just melted into my skin. It blended very well and gave just the right amount of coverage for me (light-medium) after a couple layers. Initially I loved the finish! It actually looked like this one was going to cover my pores! I was so excited.
Then I looked in the mirror a few hours later and saw that my pores were showing just as much, and my skin looked very dehydrated. I do know this one is recommended more for people with oily skin (mine is normal or normal/combination) so that's kind of my own fault. But it sure dried me out pretty fast. I had even applied moisturizer before putting on the BB Cream.
Needless to say, this wasn't the miracle product I was hoping for. I'm going to keep trying to work with the VIP Gold, but I won't be trying any other Skin79 products unfortunately. I've ordered some samples of Lioele's Triple The Function BB Cream. If that doesn't work I think I'm going to have to give up on Korean BB Creams, which is a shame. I really do believe in the lightening effects they have. I've got a spot of hyperpigmentation from a horrific pimple I had a couple months ago that refused to fade at all. In the two weeks I've been testing the Skin79 BB Creams, the spot has become significantly smaller and lighter (I would say it's improved by 60%). I envy those who can wear these products!

on 4/1/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Only product I've used so far that works for my super oily skin without looking cakey too.

Hasn't got the best coverage so I tend to have to use a few layers and then top it up later on and it comes off where my skin is redder.

I use this topped with a loose powder as I feel it holds it better than a pressed powder does.

Perfect for paler skins.

I got this in a sample pack of 4 bb creams and this is my second favorite (after the Gold).
The coverage is more than the other bb's in the kit, but less than foundation. It blends nicely...really nicely...like, you can't screw it up.
The only reason it isn't my fave is that it is a tiny bit dryer than the Gold, and has a hint more coverage too. So if you have oily skin, you'll def love this stuff!!! And if you're looking for more coverage, this is the stuff you want! It's about as pigmented as a tinted moisturizer, but it goes on way way better/easier. Plus when you take it off, you skin will look even better...It's got all kinds of healing stuff in it that improves your skin while you wear it.
Don't cheap out and buy the Americanized bb creams--they suck!! I've tried a bunch of them and they just looked stupid and made me break out...This is the real-deal Korean authentic stuff that makes skin look and feel amazing!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is amazing. It has enough coverage to cover some of the redness in my cheeks, and enough coverage to tone down my dark marks on my skin, but still lets the freckles on my face come through and looks very natural. The color matches around NW15 - NC20, but may match darker since it blends so well, and would be easy to blend onto the neck.
The product goes on with a grey tone and very very dewy (too dewy imo), but within 10 minutes, it sets to a more natural skin tone and finish, with just the perfect highlight to the skin.
The only downside, and the only reason it may not be HG for me, is because it clogs my pores, so I took off a star. Please note though, I have very acne prone skin and just about any new product I put on my face will break me out. But, that being said, I've heard many Korean BB creams tend to clog pores. (maybe the sunscreen?)
All in all, I would totally recommend this product to anyone with dry - normal skin, and may be okay for combination with a powder, or blotting throughout the day.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My skin is on the darker side (NC42), but I still think this is a fantastic product! If I put on a very thin layer of this product, my blemishes are not concealed at all but my overall skin tone is even and looks quite natural. I do not look pale or gray/ashy. If I want better coverage, I simply mix this with an equal amount of my foundation and apply to my face with my fingers to get a very natural look with some decent coverage. My skin looks flawless, and after only one week of use I am noticing some lightening of my acne scars and softer skin!

I do wish that this was available in a darker shade so I can stick to using one product, but it is made in a country where the majority of people are lighter in color and so they will make what their primary customer base uses.

Though the SPF level for this is high, I still use a light sunscreen underneath for extra sun protection (according to experts, the amount of BB cream a person would normally apply to their face would not provide adequate protection). I have noticed that this has a tendency to clog the pores on my nose after a couple days of use, so it is also important to lightly exfoliate every few days as well.