Filtered by hair type : Wavy

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Verdict: Amazing product for lazy days, fairly good coverage.

I was on the hunt for a product that I can easily use for school, because my usual foundation routine takes up too much of my time (I have a tan skin tone - think Beyonce - and I usually have to mix two foundation shades together to get the perfect match). The packaging comes with a very useful pump, but be warned: a little goes a LONG way with this BB cream. I usually pump out a fat teardrop size on each cheek, nose, chin and left and right area of my forehead before blending with my fingers. This is because any more than that and the product will not match my skintone, even after it has oxidised. If you're still unsure, check out official youtube videos on how to use BB creams - the models never put on alot of product. The fact that it matched was a very important requirement for me for a BB cream, as most Asian BB creams are only suited for fair skin with yellow undertones. But with this one, the cream FINALLY matches my skin tone! Hurrah!

It has a very light texture and that is exactly what I love about this BB cream: I never feel like it's sitting on my face. It absorbs easily but seems to have a grey undertone when first applied, although this disappears soon enough (as long as you don't over-apply!). It has a dewy finish, and I also like that because I feel like it makes me look fresh.

I use this for school and casual meet-ups when I feel lazy to do the whole she-bang. Although it does not give me any coverage for my dark eye circles (a problem area), it does eliminate some redness and brightens my skin. I've also been pretty blessed with good genes and never had any acne problems, so I don't know how this would work out on acne-prone/sensitive skin.

Overall, will buy again as my "lazy" foundation, unless someone can recommend me a better BB cream than this one!

on 11/10/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just want to start by saying this is my favorite beauty product of ALL time. Yes, it is that good!!! I have tried MANY of Skin79's BB creams, but I am faithful to this one! I have used it religiously for a year and a half (on my FIFTH bottle!). I have very acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin that is very pale in the winter, but tans nicely in the summer. I use this product year-round, even with changes in my skin tone.

My notes about this product:

1. No offensive smell, and that is important for me.

2. The packaging is amazing! Very sanitary and easy to use. Plus the pink is cute :)

3. The product is thick, and feels moisturizing. But it is not cakey at all! It leaves a dewy finish, not a matte finish.

4. It does not set immediately. It doesn't completely "dry" for a bit, but I like this because it allows me to work the BB cream into my skin.

5. This product has a grey undertone when you first apply it, but IT CHANGES TO MATCH YOUR SKIN! I promise! Do not be afraid of how your face looks initially, because within 30 minutes it will adjust.

6. The coverage is better than drugstore BB creams, but it is not a full coverage foundation. I use this product on a daily basis, but if I have breakouts, I have to use concealer.

7. I have noticed that it helps lighten my hyperpigmentation!!! This is the only foundation that I do not feel guilty putting on my face because I truly feel it is helping me skin! Not just covering it up.

8. It doesn't break me out! And I have super sensitive skin. I can sleep in this, no problem at all. Like I said above, I do not feel guilty about putting this on my skin.

9. The SPF is a huge benefit in the summer.

10. I have gotten so many compliments towards my skin when using this product because it looks VERY natural. Great for that "no-makeup" look.

11. I apply it with my fingers.

12. Here is a good review on youtube that I completely agree with:

Final verdict:
I will FOREVER repurchase this product. I will always have a bottle on hand because I wear it on an everyday basis. If I only use one makeup product, I use this. If I could only have one makeup product for the rest of my life, it would be this!

on 9/20/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I first bought this 3 months ago after someone told me they really liked this product and that it is animal cruelty free and vegan. The first thing I noticed was that it felt think putting it on. I liked how it had SPF for the summer. Going on it looked grey but evened out after a few minutes. I set it with a bit of powder and it stays all day. So much so that it is a bit stubborn coming off but I think that is just the moisturizers. I have very fair very sensitive and very acne prone skin. It doesn't contribute to my acne and covers well. I might use mac nc15 concealer for a stubbern spot over this. My current issue is that sometimes I'll break out below my chin, upper neck area which is lighter than my face. This stuff looks so natural it looks like I'm not wearing makeup. I don't like how you can't see how much you are using though. I went thru this bottle in 3 months, using it generously and daily. I quickly went out and bought some mac foundation when I relived I ran out but nothing compares to this. It flawlessly matches my skin tone without looking orange. I love this stuff and it's pretty resonantly priced. I await my next bottle in the mail!!!!! I bought it off amazon. I don't think that this stuff is for everyone but it's perfect for me. (Acne prone, combination skin, fair, a few freckles). Try it out!!!

on 8/26/2013 10:16:00 PM

There's some really good reviews out there about this BB cream and then there's some really bad ones. I'm kind of in the middle about how I feel about this particular BB cream. It's a good color match for my fair-medium skin tone which is nice but out of the two BB creams I own (the other being Lioele Triple The Solution), this one is my least favorite. The coverage is medium.. it covers most of the redness in my skin and the uneven tine but my freckles still show quite a bit and I still have to use quite a bit of my Bare Minerals foundation to get a flawless finish that I like. So that being said, I like more of a full coverage but if you're looking for more of a medium coverage then this could be a good BB cream to go with. The other small qualm I have is the slightly greasy finish. There are days that I just lay around home or only go to the grocery store or whatever and I'm too lazy to put on any makeup, so I just throw on some BB cream to give my face a more polished look... well with this BB cream you definitely can't just slick some on and head out the door or else you'll look like a shiny, greasy mess. I definitely always put at least some translucent powder on top (either Bare Minerals Mineral Veil or if I'm super lazy, baby powder) to set and mattify the BB cream so that I don't look like I have a ton of pily product on my face.

Overall, I think this BB cream is okay-good quality... I would give it 3 1/2 lippies. If you're looking for medium coverage and are aware that this BB cream needs a powder on top to make it appear more matte... then go for it. However, I prefer a more full coverage look that the Lioele BB cream gives me (plus I prefer the Lioele pump because I know I only need one pump for my whole face unlike Skin 79's where I have to guess how much of a pump... 1/2 or 2/5 or whatever... I'm using) and when I run out of my BB cream, I won't be repurcahsing this.

As other reviewers have found, this BB cream has a grey-ish tinge to it when first applied but then adapts to your skin tone (not colour) fairly well, especially once you've applied powder over it. I'd say it's ideally suited to NC15-20 skin tones, hence I only wear it in the winter/spring months before my skin darkens. It is fairly thick but sheers out very well with a brush but you only need a very small amount. You can take it right up to the eyes and use less concealer in the process. On summer days when I need a bit of extra help with my problem skin, I squeeze equal amounts of BB cream and foundation, mix well and apply with a brush. The look is great and I still get the high SPF protection and skin-loving properties of a BB cream. It's not my absolute favourite, which is Smashbox in Light, but only because of the slightly off colour. In every other way it's perfect, especially if you have fairer skin than mine.

I adore this BB cream! This is the first "Asian" BB cream I've tried (I was previously using Garnier BB cream) & oh my what a difference! It puts the Garnier cream to shame (I don't really see how they can call it a BB cream in the first place as it's so sheer & light!)

I purchased this online as it's not sold in any stores in New Zealand after hearing rave reviews on shaaanxo's YouTube channel. I love the packaging, it looks super cute in my bathroom & yay for it being pink! The only thing I don't like is that you can't see how much you have left =( I don't know when I'm going to run out which is a bit of a pain but I'll just have to make sure I have a back up in the bathroom.

I use this every morning after moisturising (it's quite tricky to spread if your skin is dry), it has a greyish tint to it when you first apply it but as you blend it in it adjusts to your skin tone & looks amazing! It has fantastic coverage (a big huge tick from me!), it looks dewy and fresh & smells lovely.

My mum absolutely loves it also (she tried it after seeing how amazing it looked on my skin) which is a big deal since we have very different skin types & colouring. I have incredibly sensitive skin on my face & never know if a product with give me a reaction or not but this actually seems to soothe my skin! Amazing! LOVE IT

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked this initially - it goes on really smooth, has nice coverage and feels lightweight on my skin, and the ashy tone fades to match my skin tone. But after using it for a week I started getting cystic acne, when I haven't broke out in months. I thought maybe it was some other trigger, but as soon as I stopped using this my face cleared up right away. I bought it from a reputable Amazon source too! I guess my skin is too sensitive or just doesn't like an ingredient in this. Too bad. :( I got a few samples of other Skin79 products with my order, so maybe I'll test some of them out and see if they cause a reaction.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After reading so many glowing reviews, I was tempted to stray - if only temporarily - from my Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream (#21, if you're curious) for a bit of a change. With my interests piqued, I purchased Skin79's Super+ BB Cream (Pink) with high expectations.

When I first received this product, I went through a "honeymoon" phase with it. I thought it looked GREAT on my skin, even better than Missha M Perfect Cover. While the coverage is definitely thinner than Missha (light to medium), there was something spectacular about how it looked on my skin. It blurred my imperfections and gave the illusion that my skin was 1000x better than it was - almost doll-ish (yet not cakey).

After a few days of using it, I broke out. I was very disappointed, but thought perhaps my skin was breaking out as a reaction to something else (diet / stress / etc). I very rarely break out. So, I stopped using this BB cream for a few weeks. However, when I revisited it later, I broke out. Again. Not only was that disappointing, but I also realized that the honeymoon phase had come to an abrupt, car-wheels-squealing-on-pavement end. This product suddenly emphasizing my dry flakes while simultaneously making me look kind of "greasy," even when I added pressed powder. Not an ideal combination, to say the least.

I don't know what happened, but this product just doesn't suit me as well as I first thought. I'd love to jump on the bandwagon and say, "This is flawless. Go buy it!" like most people, but... I can't. :( It's just not for me. I'll stick with Missha M Perfect Cover.

I love this BB cream! I have this one and the orange one, and I usually mix the two of them. But on it's own, this one is great as well. It's thick and easy to blend. It does have a sunscreen smell, but it's not overpowering and I like that smell. It comes out looking slightly grey (as opposed to the orange which comes out more yellow) but it does match to your skin once it sets. The finish is natural, but it has good coverage without feeling heavy. I have acne scarring on my cheeks and I feel comfortable wearing this product without a concealer. I wear it over a primer and it lasts all day and doesn't look cakey (aside from two spots on my nose where my glasses rest, but that's with any foundation for me) The packaging is adorable as well, and I love the pump. Overall, this is probably my favorite face product at the moment and I'll definitely repurchase. However, a little goes a long way and this will probably last me quite a while.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favorite bb creams that I used so far, only downside is that it looks very grayish. Also, the coverage is not that great