Filtered by hair type : Wavy

on 5/2/2012 9:03:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product. This was the first BB Cream I've ever tried, and I did so after reading numerous reviews here and elsewhere. I have very oily, pale skin, so after applying my primer, I applied this product and I waited for it to dry before setting it with powder. I would have to agree with those that say it gives your skin a grey hue, not only that but even with powder and primer, it doesn't stay matte very long at all, a few hours at most.Overall, I was not satisfied, and I didn't bother using it anymore than that to see if it causes acne or not.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! It's my HG foundation.

PROS:
- Creamy formula
- Applies smoothly
- Medium coverage while still looking "natural"
- Oil controlling
- Decent price (paid $20 w/ shipping, and used to pay $20 for revlon colorstay)
- Spf 25
- Doesn't break out my acne prone skin
- Makes skin feel very soft
- Contains 1.4 oz of product while many foundations contain 1 oz

CONS:
- Isn't accessible is stores in most countries (must resort to shipping)
- Packaging is a bit bulky/large compared to most foundations
- Can't see through packaging therefor it is hard to tell how much product there is left
- Only comes in one shade, so it only suits lighter skin tones
- The spf 25 in the product can be a pain if taking pictures

Can't really think of many cons, this stuff is that good!

I've been using everyday for about 2 weeks since ordering it off of amazon for about $20 (including shipping) and I don't see how I'll ever go back to a normal foundation. This is the first BB cream I have tried and I am very impressed. The formula is quick thick and creamy, like a moisturizer. I apply it with my fingers and it goes on so smooth and streak free, I've never been able to apply a foundation with my fingers like this before. It give great coverage for someone who is looking to even their skin tone and cover slight blemishes. I still use a little bit of concealer under my eyes and on acne, but not nearly as much as before. What I love most is that this stuff looks soooo natural. It really looks like my real skin, but more perfect! It is a bit grey looking when applied, but it oxidizes right away and works well for my light/medium skin tone, as well as my sisters skin tone (she is very very pale!). It has good oil control, but I still like to use my UD De-Slick spray before applying BB cream. THe packaging is nice too, it looks cute and I love the pump, I just wish there was a way to tell how much product I have left.

I had high expectations for this BB cream from all it's reviews on makeup alley and with youtube gurus, and I was not disappointed at all, but surprised at how great this actually it! I would recommend it to anyone who has a lighter skin tone. I love this and will repurchase over and over again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product from sasa in order to not have a fake cause a reaction with the missha bb cream (which I also loved) and I LOVE this bb cream. It's amazing. I recommend or highly, as well as ordering it from sasa, since many bb creams on ebay and Amazon can be fakes. There are videos and instructions to make sure they're not knock offs as well, which if you've had a reaction I recommend you look at. It moisturized my asking and left a very even look, I only needed minimal concealer coverage, which is to be expected considering this is a very light bb cream. Anyway, i'm rambling, but I love it.

on 4/25/2012 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this bb cream, it covers all my redess without feeling heavy. The color is good for my pale skin tone, but not perfect. I have cool to neutral skin, when this oxidizes I notice it's a bit pink, so perhaps that's why it doesn't work on some people? I've never had a problem with it looking too gray, but that could just be thanks to my undertones. I wore this alllll during my vacation in Florida, the temperature was about 85-90 degrees with varying humidity, and I was doing A LOT of walking. It lasted very beautifully, and I was much less oily than I could have been with a foundation. I'm looking forward to seeing how this holds up in the hot humid summer climate where I live, though I'm not expecting miracles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

QI have very oily skin. Perhaps, because of the SPF, this product didn't work better than the Garnier one. The Garnier be cream is very lightweight, fair coverage, but it feels amazing on my skin. This one feels a big heavy, greasy and it has fair coverage. The color is ok for me, I'm not Asia, I have fair skin, the price is good also.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I will start by saying I got four skin 79 bb creams in a sample pack to try. I actually loved them all of them and could not see a big difference in the bb pink and the bb gold collection. When I put them on my face the coverage of the two seems very similar and the shade seems similar. They go on dark as do most bb creams, but blend well into my pale skin. The spf is great and they both provide great coverage. I think the bb pink is slightly darker, found this out by doing a swatch test on my arm... but the difference is very negligible.. I have not read much about them to know what the difference is supposed to be, but I could not tell any. Love them both and would buy either again ! I also got the two pearl types, the pearl and the pearl diamond in the collection. Both are shimmery, while the regular pink and gold did not seem to be. Also both of the pearl seem to be a lighter coverage and thinner. Just wanted to throw that in for comparison

on 4/19/2012 12:08:00 AM

After reading about the BBcream and korean skincare hype, I found out this is the only brand available at my country.
I started using this one and I loved it: my skin looked amazing even after removing it; but after a few months the effect decreased.
Now it still works, but not as great as the first week.
I apply it over the moisturizer and before the powder (from the same brand).
I will keep using skin79 BBcreams but will switch to a dry skin version.

on 4/18/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'll not bore you with the details of what is obviously a rave review for a HG product - others have stated the positives and done so more than adequately. The only thing I regret about this product is that I didn't find it 10 years and $1000's ago. To be considered HG for me, foundations have to have the following qualities:

1) Sink in and match my skintone exactly, to the point where it is virtually undetectable up-close
2) Leave a slightly dewy finish and not look too matte
3) Contain an SPF - but not feel uncomfortable or heavy
4) Even out my skintone and light sun damage without looking like I blotted out every flaw on my face with the facial equivalent of White Out.
5) Wear for at least an 8 hour workday without leaving me either cakey or flakey.

This product matches all the above criteria, so 5 well-deserved lippies from me! I will positively EXPIRE if they ever discontinue this stuff.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really liking this product because it looks very natural on my NC20 skin. Aside from going on smoothly, I love the fact that it helps to lighten old acne marks. Another great thing is that it has sunscreen. This is definitely my new favorite product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really wanted this product to work so badly but unfortunately, it gave me bad whiteheads and cystic acne along my chin, jaw line and cheeks. I cleaned my brushes regularly, practiced good hygiene, took my vitamins, drank water, etc... but I feel like within the 2 weeks I used this, it made my skin worse.

It's been about a month and my skin is finally getting back to normal. It's too bad because I thought this would work for my asian skin.