Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has replaced my foundation routine. My full bottle of Revlon colorstay is gather cobwebs because of this product.

The pros:
1. It's light on your skin, you won't feel greasy or cakey whatsoever. I put on two layers of this and it feels natural.

2. It's great for concealing. To conceal dark circles, instead of adding another product on top i just lightly dab a bit of it under my eyes and on my red spots and lightly tap with my ring finger.

3. You definitely get a bang for your buck. For 27 dollars at a Japanese store, I was able to buy a ginormous one. I have had it for approximately 5-6 months and I'm not sure I even halfed it yet.

The cons:
1. It has a gray cast, which may seem scary at first but it's normal with bb creams-- at least legitimate bb creams (not the fake American stuff). You can easily remedy this by pressing on powder that is more suited to your skin tone. Because I'm Asian, I have a strongly yellow based powder that totally gets rid of the gray cast. I can also recommend using Rimmel Stay Matte.

2. I can't see whether I'm running low on the product so that I can buy another in advance just in case I finish mine up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite BB cream.
I admit I didn't instantaneously fall in love with this BB cream. It wasn't until I had tried other BB creams and foundations, that I realised just how wonderful this product is!

Pros:
- smooths over pores, overall smoother complexion
- covers redness (though not completely)
- can be used under eye area to provide coverage
-spf
- VERY natural, dewy finish
- doesn't dry out skin
- easy to remove with cleansing oil
- packaging- comes in a pump

Cons:
- because of natural finish, blemishes/hyperpigmentation spots are not fully covered and will require concealer
-oily control is poor if you have super-oily skin like mine, but with use of blotting paper it is not too much of an issue for me

on 1/21/2014 11:48:00 PM

This is one of the best BB creams I have ever tried. The texture is little bit thick but it's workable. I have fair to medium asian skin so the color perfectly matches my skin tone, except when I get tanner in summer, it's a little too pale for me. I love the fact that it's a matte finish and it looks very natural. My mom once told me my skin looked so good and she didn't know I had this bb cream on.

This is one of a few bb creams that didn't make my skin break out. It doesn't smell bad like some other bb creams or foundations that I've tried. I normally don't set it with powder or anything but it can still stay on my skin all day long so it's quite impressive. And it's quite inexpensive here in Hong Kong too. I'm definitely going to repurchase this product.

on 1/20/2014 5:32:00 PM

Love this BB cream. Sits wonderfully on my skin, and I rarely needed anything else with it at all. I also have some acne scarring and it covered the discolouration quite well - I'd say it can be worked up to medium coverage. Not a fan of the packaging - works well for the first three quarters of the product, but then the pump-action lid stuck when I pressed it down, even though the bottle was still heavy enough to have a significant amount of product left. I would definitely buy this again - but I can't find it in New Zealand anywhere! Real bummer.

on 1/19/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first bb cream I ever tried since I heard so much good positive stuff about it. I got it back in 2011 for about $18, and I want to kick myself because now I can find it for as little as $13. I have combo/oily skin that's not sensitive or problematic. It didn't make me break out and it feels really refreshing and light on application. It was amazing! It looked like a second skin, covered pores, made my skin look literally perfect and poreless, and had pretty good coverage. The only con is that it was a little too white for my skintone. I am Southeast Asian, and not even that tan, but I have too much yellow and olive undertones and this bb cream never oxidized to my skintone. If i were paler or less yellowy olivey, I would totally repurchase this. Another con is that once it starts getting closer to being one year after opening, it starts to get really oily. I had mine for a year but it started to make my face feel really heavy and oily, so I threw it out.

This is a rating on the pink label, but also a comparison of the orange, gold, the new purple and pink Skin79 BB creams..

I have tried my fair share of BB creams and most recently was using Dior Snow which I liked, but I couldn't get over the $50+ price tag. Plus, their coloring isn't perfect for me, so off I went on a BB cream hunt. I purchased three Skin79 BB creams in the smaller version to try them out: gold, pink & orange. I have fair, combination skin which swings very far in either direction depending on weather and skin treatments I'm doing, and is acne prone so it was hard for me to say which I 100% liked best because my needs could change even daily. I do like that I could purchase the smaller amounts for this reason.

Orange: My favorite as far as ingredients (high whitening power, 50 SPF, vitamin C), a bit less thick and went on a little easier than the pink. However, this one loses because the color is wayyyyyy too fair, yellow and doesn't oxidize to adjust like the others. I'm not heartbroken that I have it though, I could do some mixing to make it work and I'll just wear it when I will be in the sun more and don't care if I look color-matched.

Gold: Less coverage than the other two but is more silky and the most moisturizing. I'm liking this one for my dried-out winter skin that I just got IPL on...my skin barrier is currently pissed and this one has been the nicest to it. If you have dry skin this one might be your best bet because although I've had more oily skin, IPL has made me very dry while I'm healing so now I understand what it's like to have dry skin. Less is more...the heaver coverage made me look like I had a mask on and wasn't very flattering.

Purple: This one was horrible for me. And I'm equally as ticked that I purchased it because there were no smaller bottles. This one was slightly darker colored than the pink and was supposed to be hydrating. It did not dry me out, but it NEVER grabbed onto the skin. It just looked like a mask of something spread all over my face. You could really tell in the corners of my nose...just not a good look and I'd only give it one star for SPF and whitening ingredients.

Pink: This one wins the color battle. It says on their site it's for oily skin and I'd agree. When I put it on it's VERY dewy, slightly gray. I couldn't even imaging not using a powder with this because of the shine, but it calms down and it kept me oil-free. I found myself using more because it's thicker. Covered well. I'm a bit dry right now and it made me feel/look dry which is not the product's fault. I'd say it does exactly what it says and for the price, it's a pretty great option for my oily days.

on 11/10/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just want to start by saying this is my favorite beauty product of ALL time. Yes, it is that good!!! I have tried MANY of Skin79's BB creams, but I am faithful to this one! I have used it religiously for a year and a half (on my FIFTH bottle!). I have very acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin that is very pale in the winter, but tans nicely in the summer. I use this product year-round, even with changes in my skin tone.

My notes about this product:

1. No offensive smell, and that is important for me.

2. The packaging is amazing! Very sanitary and easy to use. Plus the pink is cute :)

3. The product is thick, and feels moisturizing. But it is not cakey at all! It leaves a dewy finish, not a matte finish.

4. It does not set immediately. It doesn't completely "dry" for a bit, but I like this because it allows me to work the BB cream into my skin.

5. This product has a grey undertone when you first apply it, but IT CHANGES TO MATCH YOUR SKIN! I promise! Do not be afraid of how your face looks initially, because within 30 minutes it will adjust.

6. The coverage is better than drugstore BB creams, but it is not a full coverage foundation. I use this product on a daily basis, but if I have breakouts, I have to use concealer.

7. I have noticed that it helps lighten my hyperpigmentation!!! This is the only foundation that I do not feel guilty putting on my face because I truly feel it is helping me skin! Not just covering it up.

8. It doesn't break me out! And I have super sensitive skin. I can sleep in this, no problem at all. Like I said above, I do not feel guilty about putting this on my skin.

9. The SPF is a huge benefit in the summer.

10. I have gotten so many compliments towards my skin when using this product because it looks VERY natural. Great for that "no-makeup" look.

11. I apply it with my fingers.

12. Here is a good review on youtube that I completely agree with:

Final verdict:
I will FOREVER repurchase this product. I will always have a bottle on hand because I wear it on an everyday basis. If I only use one makeup product, I use this. If I could only have one makeup product for the rest of my life, it would be this!

on 10/27/2013 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Best BB cream I've tried so far! The first one I used was the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream, which was more like a tinted moisturizer to me. (I think most Americanized BB creams are more like tinted moisturizers.) This BB cream actually has great coverage without making my skin feel dry like foundations do. It is buildable as well, which allows it to act like a concealer too. Also love the fact that it has SPF and PA++! I would highly recommend this to people with oilier skin as well. The gold label is a bit more moisturizing, so the pink label gives just enough moisture without making me feel oilier than I already am.

The packaging is very pretty and sanitary with the pump, however, if you don't break open the top and scrape out the remaining product, a lot is wasted. As for price, $30 is quite expensive in my opinion, but since I only use less than one full pump a day, the bottle lasts for a good amount of time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Meh, this stuff kind of sucks. I'd heard lots about how great Korean BB creams are, and this one had some great reviews so purchased it for $19 on Yesstyle.com. It took ages to come in the mail, and I'm not super impressed.
The packaging is adorable, I love the pump, very hygenic and looks cute in my makeup stash. That's kinda where it ends.
The scent is nice, and the product is reeeeeally thick and creamy, almost too thick. I like that it's got SPF in it, but so do lots of other BB's.
Basically it goes on very grey but after 5 minutes oxidizes to the colour of your face. I found that I used more of this product than I do of my Garnier sensitive BB cream and probably got less coverage. It definitely whitened my skin, but I don't find it blurred imperfections. I definitely noticed my pores a lot more with this product as well.
Because it is so thick I thought it would have good coverage so I didn't use a primer, moisturizer or concealer under my eyes. Big mistake, it's 4pm now and I've got massive dark circles - very visible.
It definitely needed powder to mattify, and I find because it is such a light shade the bronzer I used doesn't look very nice.
All in all huge disappointment, I won't finish the tube, will try and pawn it off on a friend. I definitely thought I'd be experiencing the magic of Korean BB creams, which are supposed to be way better than the others ..

on 9/11/2013 9:48:00 AM

This BB cream works quite nicely for me. I find that a primer is necessary for it to stay on all day but it provides medium coverage. I still need concealer for my dark under eye circles because they are very dark, and I get the odd dry patch if I don't moisturise thoroughly enough. As many others have said, the packaging is nice and easy to use. Basically for me, this is an extremely average product which I wouldn't purchase again, but is alright to use until it runs out.