Filtered by age: 36-43

3.8

on 4/18/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'll not bore you with the details of what is obviously a rave review for a HG product - others have stated the positives and done so more than adequately. The only thing I regret about this product is that I didn't find it 10 years and $1000's ago. To be considered HG for me, foundations have to have the following qualities:

1) Sink in and match my skintone exactly, to the point where it is virtually undetectable up-close
2) Leave a slightly dewy finish and not look too matte
3) Contain an SPF - but not feel uncomfortable or heavy
4) Even out my skintone and light sun damage without looking like I blotted out every flaw on my face with the facial equivalent of White Out.
5) Wear for at least an 8 hour workday without leaving me either cakey or flakey.

This product matches all the above criteria, so 5 well-deserved lippies from me! I will positively EXPIRE if they ever discontinue this stuff.

Love this BB cream. Gives a nice smooth finish and doesn't emphasize pores or dry patches. Matches my skin tone perfectly after about 30 minutes oxidation time. Don't be intimidated by the initial grayish cast. Just wish they would update the formula so it has 50SPF like the new orange label BB cream has.

on 1/22/2012 4:31:00 PM

I love this product.
It provides moderate to full coverage, doesn't settle in pores or line, and it evens out my very fair skin tone without making it look pink or orange. It has an SPF of 25, has a nice clean scent to it.... What more could you want?

The color is probably more suitable for lighter skin tones. If you're unsure, there are a couple of nice YT videos out there comparing the different brands of BB creams and their respective shades, e.g. by Jen from frmheadtotoe and BentleyBlonde.

Prices seem to vary quite a bit, depending on where you buy. I bought it through Amazon for under $20 incl. shipping.

I am sure I will buy this again, and I can recommend you give it a try.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* MY SKIN NC30, normal to dry, occasional acne and dry spots in the winter.
* REVIEW (a) TEXTURE creamy and very slightly scented but not annoyingly so; (b) COVERAGE light to medium coverage; (c) SUN PROTECTION SPF25 PA++; (d) COLOR - goes on ashy gray upon first application but after about 10 minutes it oxidizes to match my skin perfectly; (e) WEARABILITY lasts well into the day without any irritation or need for touch-ups; (f) ADVERSE REACTIONS none so far, it is moisturizing without leaving my skin feeling weighed down.
* CONS - Only SPF25 PA++ compared to Missha Perfect Cover which is SPF42 PA+++.
* VERDICT This rivals my favorite BB cream, the Missha Perfect Cover (#23). It performs just as well and the color match is slightly better since it is rosier and has less gray tones. I will happily repurchase!

on 6/21/2011 6:18:00 PM

Love it!! Soooo reliable!

Thanks!

on 3/24/2011 9:41:00 PM

I'd give this 3.5 lippies. I'm east asian with NC25 skin. I ordered some samples of this version (pink package) and a gold version, and found that the pink one is more natural looking. Compared to Hanskin Premium Magic BB Cream, I'd say this has less coverage, but is slightly less ashy (more natural). Trouble is, I think the coverage is a bit too light. There is a slight perfumy smell that goes away quickly, and I'm fairly sensitive to perfume. On the fence with this one.

on 9/3/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Well, I like this, but not love this. It amazingly covers everything, but on my NC20 skin, it's just too dark, a touch too pinky grey. Plus, I am suddenly looking greasy in the t-zone. Didn't notice my pores shrinking either.

UPDATE: Well, I gave this a break for a week, then returned. It's definitely this product that makes my face an oil slick, particularly the T-zone. I used a setting powder on top and still, I am shiny. I thought this was for oily/combo skin?