Filtered by age: 36-43

3.8

on 9/15/2012 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I never thought I'd wear anything but powder on my face again, but this stuff is pure magic! I've used it for a week now to test it out. Thanks to age and BCP I'm not really acne prone (anymore) but my skin is super sensitive to changes in the regime and this manifests itself as gross little milia under my skin's surface. Thankfully I did not experience any dreaded reactions with the skin79 BB cream!

As many others have mentioned it does have a grey cast, but it's quite the chameleon because it adjusts to a wide range of fair to medium skin tones. In my experience the coverage is light to medium, which is exactly what I want. I love that it contains SPF because I'm notoriously lazy about applying a separate sunscreen under my makeup.

I can't really say that it controls oil, but it doesn't make me any oilier and that's a win for me! The skin whitening properties seem to be effective. After a week my skin tone seems to look better and more even when I take my makeup off. The first day I used it I was brewing a big hurtful pimple between my eyebrows from TOTM. By the end of the day after wearing this BB cream it was noticeably smaller and less red.

To summarize, I'm amazed that this product lives up to it's claims and it is a definite repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great product for someone who already has good skin and doesn't require much coverage. For me, it's a bit too sheer. Other than that, it's lovely - great price, doesn't cause breakouts, wears well, good colormatch for my NC15 skin, very moist but not greasy. Slightly dewy finish. Looks grey when you first squeeze it out but once applied, it looks really natural. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't totally cover my redness or blemishes. Perfect for weekends.

on 8/30/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This came in a 4-pack I ordered to try. I wanted to try BB creams to streamline my am routine...I need to wear sunscreen daily as I am very prone to hyperpigmentation. My skin is sensitive to chemical filters, so I am stuck with physical filters like Zinc0 and TiO2. And since I have a light but not super pale complexion, I have to mix in bronzer or apply makeup over the sunscreen to make it look right. Add in the fact that most Zinc0 sunscreens are drying, so I require a moisturizer...and you now have an annoyingly complicated am routine for a low maintenance person who travels a lot. SO, this seemed like a wonderful solution.

I did not notice any grayness when I applied it. I did notice that my entire NC25-30ish face was 2 shades lighter. I looked like I was trying out for a vampire movie. It appeared like full foundation that was 2 shades too light. So I waited for it to oxidize................................................................................................................................................................................................................an hour later there was no change, and I had to wash it off to leave the house and look presentable.

Now, I notice that many happy muaers are using this much more sparingly than I was...which is fine, if you don't care about getting any sun protection. For me, this isn't any better than regular makeup that I mix into my sunscreen or apply over it. It is cheap, so.....there's that.

I bought this product out of curiosity and wasn't really expecting it to be suitable for me but having read a lot of rave reviews over time I bought off a reputable Korean seller on eBay for under 10 including delivery. It wasn't going to be a massive loss therefore if it didn't work for me.

My first impressions were the packaging obviously which is a very solid hygienic pump. The pump dispenses aliquots of which one is enough per side of face without wasting product so that was a big plus.

I am very fair and blonde with combination skin and this stuff provides a FLAWLESS finish on my skin, I appiled it on top of my usual serum plus daily moisturiser and it minimised every pore! It's sort of magical how a rather odd toned cream in the hand (like others have said greyish, I'd describe it as beige) matches my skin tone perfectly and looks like I have no make-up on just good healthy skin (which is actually far from the truth at the moment as I am unwell)

There is a scent to it which I don't particularly care for however as I use aromatherapy based products on my skin and prefer a 'natural' scent to things but that fades quickly and isn't a problem for my sensitive nose and I am very picky about this issue!

Throughout the day it doesn't leave an oily slick on my skin as some have said their experience is, it sinks in and slighly tightens everything up. It's amazing stuff, I can't believe it's taken me so long to try a BB cream and I'm glad I opted for Skin79 Super+ in the pink as I did plenty of research beforehand. I definitely won't be shopping around for a different brand and will likely be giving up buying my bareMinerals foundation at this rate. I shall be purchasing some for my sister who has similar skin because I know it will suit her too. Happy days.

on 7/30/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got the gold version but I'll review it here, I'm not too sure there's too much of a difference between one and the other anyways. I liked it, coverage is lighter than a foundation which is what I want. However, it was barely the right shade for me in the winter and I have darkish NC30 skin in the winter. In the summer in this southern sun it's absolutely impossible for me to wear, I get REALLY dark! I hate getting really dark but I also hate living in a cold place, so I guess I just have to put up with having dark skin in the summer. I wore it once in the wintertime but even though I liked it, because I was working at a job where I couldn't wear make-up, I didn't use it again. Used it once in the summer to go out but it just so didn't work, even though I combined it with a darker foundation. It still looked like I was wearing a white mask, even mixed with the darker foundation. I hate getting a tan!! So, recommend for pale people and people who don't tan or who tan too much naturally (like me) but live up in the Arctic. What I really did looove about the packaging, however, was that it comes with a cream blush (the gold version) in the cap that is just absolutely the PERFECT colour for me! I love that blush! I wish they'd sell it apart. (The last time I checked their website they did sell a separate blush but it was a different shade.) I don't usually wear blush, because it looks so fake, but this blush didn't look fake at all, it looked natural, like it was me.

on 7/14/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought one from a local Asian cosmetics store for $ 27. The consistency of this BB cream is similar to most of moisturizer, thicker than normal foundation but it's blended very well. I just apply it with my fingers and it gives me a very natural, slightly dewy finish. As many reviewers mentioned, it looks greyish when first applied, but gradually oxidized to match the skin color. The color matches my skin almost perfectly (nc25-30). I apply finishing powder on top of it. I would say the coverage is light to medium since it doesn't cover some of my old acne scars. It covers redness and light discoloration pretty well though. It makes pores less visible and controls oil well, but I still need to blot with powder a few hours later. It's great for "no-makeup" makeup.

I've used it for two days. So far it doesn't irritate my sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin. I might not use it on a daily basis since I only plan to use it for casual days.

Two drawbacks:
1. It's slightly scented. However, the scent fades away in 20 minutes after application.
2. It doesn't last all day even with finishing powder. I put it on at 7 am. It started melting after lunch time at office temperature 75F.

on 6/26/2012 10:20:00 AM

This really evens out my skin tone and helps minimize my pores. My skin just looks better in general. I have tried tons of BB creams and foundations and this is one is by far my favorite. I even got my mom and friend hooked (and their skin is much lighter than mine). It works for all of us. Great product!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I began using this because the Garnier BB cream made me curious about trying more BB creams. I have oily skin with enlarged pores on my cheeks and so far this works really work for me. I do like to use the DHC Water Based Moisture under this because it allows me to smooth the BB cream out better when I apply it. I'm glad that I read the reviews on here before attempting to apply it because it does come out greyish and I think that I would have given up on it if I hadn't known that. Once it oxidizes, it is a great match for my skin. I bought it from the Skin79 website because I wanted to make sure that I got the real thing. They shipped quickly. Once I started wearing this every day I got curious about their Hot Pink Sun Protect Beblesh Pact and ordered that too. I apply that with a foundation brush over the BB cream and I like the results very much. My husband says my skin looks "clean" when I use these two products. I love the packaging for the BB cream because it seems very hygienic. I have already repurchased and have bought other Skin79 BB creams for my mother and sister.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved this product initially, but unfortunately it caused some yucky cystic breakouts around my chin and mouth (I rarely break out). It also made me really oily in just a few hours, and I have relatively normal skin.

Going back to my safe old Revlon Colorstay foundation.

on 4/19/2012 12:08:00 AM

After reading about the BBcream and korean skincare hype, I found out this is the only brand available at my country.
I started using this one and I loved it: my skin looked amazing even after removing it; but after a few months the effect decreased.
Now it still works, but not as great as the first week.
I apply it over the moisturizer and before the powder (from the same brand).
I will keep using skin79 BBcreams but will switch to a dry skin version.