wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing. Now, I won't go too far as comparing it to higher-end products, but it's up there with them in a way. The pigmentation exceeded my expectations; I don't think I would have expected it from a brand that's not only in a drugstore, but offered very cheap as well. I first saw reviews on these on temptalia[dot]com and I said to myself, hmm I have to try these someday. Well, Walking On Eggshells caught my eye for several reasons:

1) It has 3 shades that would perfectly for any look.
2) It was about $3 + tax
3) The name was reminiscent of a Christina Aguilera song I love; Stronger Than Ever

The first time I used the palette, I was going for a Lana Del Ray look - that's the reason I bought it. I wanted to do something neutral with a crease that was sharply defined by a brown shade. When I let the hairs of my brush touch the BROWBONE shade (a light, shimmery, ivory color), the color started to crush and there was fall out all over the palette. I thought to myself, "WHAT?", but really, what would you expect of something so cheap? Not to say it is poorly made because it isn't, but it's not GREAT. Anyway, I use this shade a highlight for EVERYTHING. It's that great. I prefer it than the highlight shades in the Naked palette because really, they do nothing for me. The CREASE color is amazing. It's a warm brown that has a sort of gold sheen to it. I use this on the lid, in the crease, to contour, it's that great. It's not that opaque, but it works for me. It just takes some patience and layering to get the color you want, but really, it's a great shade. The EYELID shade, a neutral pink with an unbelievable sheen to it, looks gorgeous on the cheeks. Can you tell just how multi-purpose this palette is?! The pink shade is very nice, true to color, but just as powdery as the highlight shade. If I swatch it with my fingers, it's fine. If I dip my brush into the shades, there's powder everywhere. When I smell the eyeshadows, I smell talc in the eyeshadows. It isn't too strong, so it's not bad enough to affect the quality of the product. Lastly, I just wanted to point out that these shades are buttery, sort of like the Urban Decay shadows in the Naked Palette. You can use the palette for other uses as I mentioned.

on 7/21/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A fantastic palette for a pretty everyday eye, perfect for work. The colors are pigmented and soft, and would be complimentary on most skintones. The brown is nice and matte, and looks very pretty blended with the pink. I particularly love the white color in the palette for my browbone, and sometimes I even sweep a little of it down my nose for highlighting. At $3.99 per palette, you can't go wrong!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS i wear EVERYDAY sometimes i pair it with a darker crease usaually use my urban decay on the crease when im going out or on the weekwnds but for everyday normal natural but sexy look this is it you can always play with the crease making it darker and what not really love the eyelid color great for $3 only downside is i always tend to throw in in my bag or drop it which tends to brake the shadows but that happens even with mac or other expensive ones...at least with this if it breaks oh well go but another :)

on 5/24/2012 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I. Love. This. Palette. Its absolutely perfect for the summer time. WnW makes great shadows- they are so creamy, smooth, and pigmented. They feel soft on my eyelid and glide on very nicely.
-The brow bone shade is great because it is not overly pigmented and just adds a nice shimmer that catches the light in the prettiest way.
-The crease color is the only one that doesn't "wow" me, but I don't hate it. Its just a dark brown with shimmer.
-The LID shade is my fav. It is sorta a dupe for "Sin" by Urban Decay, but with more golden undertones than pink. I like to wear it alone for days when I want to look natural.
This is an awesome palette girls. And for $3.99? You have to get it.

on 2/27/2012 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I would have never purchased this if it wasn't for so many youtubers RAVING about this. These colors are absolutely gorgeous! They are a tad frosty for my liking, but I love them anyways. They are so pigmented! Crazy pigmented! Also, all three colors are MAC dupes, which is very nice. These are so smooth and beautiful. Love how the shadows are labeled but I like to do it like this: Pink all over lid, brown in outer corner and crease, white on browbone and inner corner. My only complaint about these is that they fade like crazy withing a few hours, EVEN with Urban Decay Primer Potion, which makes everything last! I love this and will always repurchase. I got it Top Foods(lol) for $3, so this is crazy inexpensive and definitely worth it!

on 2/23/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was very surprised how great this trio is! I fell upon this by a youtuber review raving how much she liked this product and great it is, so i decided to go out and see what the fuss was about. I was shocked that this had so much pigment, smooth, creamy application, just enough shimmer to not be overly glittery and great staying power. AND IT WAS $2.99!!! The colors remind me of mac's nylon, woodwinked and sunday best but I feel the WNW colors are much more pigmented and easier to blend than MAC. I would definitely repurchase since I have been reaching for this palette every day since I bought it. Great buy!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

First off, i own Cork and the duPe in this is nothing like it--it's got shimmer, it's a paler brown, and def not as pigmented. This trio is overall just ok. I think it's good for a fresh daily neutral look, but i can't see myself repurchasing. Just not my cup of tea, due to shimmer. The colours don't show up well on me either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am completely eye shadow illiterate. Every time I put on eye shadow, I look like I have recently gotten punched in the eye. However, with this lovely neutral palette, I am officially able to do my eye make up! It is a really lovely color palette, perfect for a fair gal like me who's a little gun-shy with the eye color. I also really appreciate the instruction about where to put each color. It's somewhat more sparkly than I'd like, but overall it is a fantastic palette and I am completely happy with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is incredible! I honestly believe these shadows are comparable to mid-high end shadows. I own mostly shu, NARS, LORAC, stila, smashbox, and MAC shadows. I find these shadows far more pigmented and blendable than MAC and smashobox and they can go toe-to-toe with LORAC and stila. They seem to lack the dual-chrome that many of my shu and NARS shadows have, but on a daily basis, dual-chrome can be overkill.

Walking on eggshells has become my go-to daily palette. The colors are super pigmented and easy to blend. The browbone shade is a perfect inner corner highlighter. This has been compared to MAC shroom, but I prefer the color in this palette because it is significantly more pigmented. The middle shade looks like a darker version of Stila kitten and looks great all over the lid. The darkest shade is a pretty shimmery medium brown that reminds me of cute brown bunnies. I love the subtle definition it gives my crease. Walking on eggshells makes my eyes look soft, feminine, and nicely (but subtly) defined.

I am about NC20 and have brown eyes if that helps.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was so happy to finally get my hand on this eyeshadow trio. I have heard so many great things about it! So, I had just had to check it out for myself.

The shadows within the quad all have a nice luster to them. The light cream color (on top) is pefect for use as a highlight color or even used all over the lids by itself. The rosey-champagne color (at the bottom) looks wonderful on the lower lids. And, the dark-bronzey color (in the middle) is superb for use as a liner, in the crease, or on the lower lid.

I love wearing new colors on my eyes. With this quad, I can do a simple natural look or glam it up. And, what's best about them is that they don't ever crease on my eyes!!! Oh, how I wish all eyeshadows were like them.