wet n wild Color Icon - Walking on Eggshells

Filtered by skin tone : Other
wet n wild Color Icon - Walking on Eggshells

4.6

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Wet n' Wild has done a fabulous job with many of their eyeshadows, and this set is no exception. I was pleasantly surprised by the great pigmentation and wear (using a primer underneath). It's mind blowing to think that the entire trio costs less than most brand's single eyeshadows! I said that I wouldn't buy it again only because I've got so many other shadows in my collection.

Mostly wanted to comment because some previous reviewers said the Eyelid color is a dupe for UD Sin or Stila Kitten. It is NOT. I have both, and this color is a bit pinker and far less frosty than kitten. It's a close dupe to the bottom right color from WnW Sand Castle palette- which happens to be my HG. I also love the browbone color, but threw out the middle one- it wasn't terrible, but too warm for me.

on 2/23/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

Ok, so who knew that Wet N Wild could have such incredible, high-end comparable products for so cheap??? And they don't test on animals which is a huge deal for me. I don't particularly care for the dark brown crease color in this pallet, but I do use the other two colors a lot. I find the brown color to be too boring and matte. I like a lot more shimmer and a brown color with rich wine or purple tones to it. This brown is just plain old poop brown. These shadows are very creamy and soft, easy to apply, highly pigmented, and wash off easily with a warm washcloth at the end of the day. They don't crease or fade throughout the day for me. My favorite look is the two lighter colors of this pallet and the deep purply/gold in Stila's Indian Summer pallet (discontinued now.) I remember when WnW used to make cheap "kiddie" type makeup years ago. I don't know WHAT happened inside that company, but their makeup today is unbelievably good!

Normally I love W&W shadows (especially the new Color Icon ones), but this is just too shimmery for me to wear for every day. If they made this in a matte version I would be in heaven, but for now I only use it as accent colors. Still, it was $3 so it's not like the world's greatest tragedy or something! If you like shimmer and have younger eyelids, this could be great for you. Me, not so much.

on 2/6/2011 1:01:00 AM

Another winner from WNW! I'm channeling Olivia Munn's bronze smoky eye this week and this palette fits my obsession! Not to sound like a broken record, but the texture is amazing. Two thumbs up.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow!!! It's formula is like a department store, high end shadow, but it's super affordable. These colors are great for a natural every day look, but you could put way more on for a smokier/evening look too. They stay on, in some cases, better than high brands in my opinion. I have only tried walking on eggshells but I really want to try some other colors. The packaging doesn't give a huge amount of confidence, but as long as you aren't slamming it on the floor, you should be fine. Try these! they are so cheap, you can't lose!

Video Reviews & Tutorials