Lancôme Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

Lancôme Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%.Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Perlite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Maltitol, Phenoxyethanol; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first actual foundation... I was looking for something quite light, and there was a GWP at my Lancome counter... So I decided to give this a try. I have dry/combination skin that is fairly sensitive. This foundation works great for me!! It evens out my skin tone without looking like I have foundation on!!! I have had no bad reaction, and do plan on re-purchasing this again!!! I agree that it doesn't really control oil, but that isn't a huge concern for me anyway...

on 10/5/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This broke me out in tiny little bumps all over my face. I think it was more irritation than just acne. Too bad because I really liked this foundation. Great for everyday. Nice coverage. Not really oily controlling, but didn't mind it too much. Kinda pricey for amount of product, but not bad for Dept Store makeup. If you have sensitive skin...beware.

on 10/5/2010 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation. It has a nice thin texture with plenty of working time, spreads evenly, and has a nice medium coverage with very little fragrance. There is a wide range of shades so I was able to find a good match (Ivoire 4N) and absolutely NO SPARKLES. The finish is not matte, not dewy, sort of satin-which is great for everyday, and when I get shiny after a few hours, I can always use blotting paper and a touch of powder. Rather do that than have a heavy masky foundation on all day.

on 10/3/2010 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this foundation because it had very few ingredients and promised to not break me out.

Coverage is very light which is a con for people with acne like me, but it also feels nothing is there, which is good.

When I first put it on my face, it looks amazing. It covers my pores and makes my complexion look flawless, except for the spots on my face. It blends into your face wonderfully, no problems with streaks or color match.

The finish is not completely matte, but natural and slightly glowy.
I don't mind the glowy because matte can look very fake, but sometimes it's glowy in the T-Zone!

After a couple hours, oil does break through. It does not promise the 18 hours of oil free wear, after 4 hours I am an oil slick. It also does not stay on all day. I find that it starts wearing off, especially if you're blotting or someone touches your face.

Also, throughout the day it starts to settle in your pores, highlight your dry areas, and not look as good.

I have been using this for 5 weeks and I have not broke out.

I apply this with Lancome's foundation brush. I put a pea sized amount on my hand, dab the brush in the pea and then pat it on to the area i want to cover first. After patting most of it onto the face I then blend out. This gives a fuller coverage, but only works when you're spot concealing like I do. A pea sized does cover your face though.

I will not buy again because it looks so bad as the day goes on, also the light coverage is too light for my taste. Price is high since you get such a little amount. The foundation is watery and product runs out easily. If not careful you can leak product when opening or squeeze out too much!

I bought this foundation after trying several (Sephora gave me samples). I finally decided on this one because I liked how it looked on me (very natural and yet with med to light coverage) and it seemed to wear well.

My opinion one month later:
Nope, it's not for me. I find my face to be very, very shiny within a few hours. The package claims that it lasts 18 hours. Really? Oh, well, not on me.

I've always been a fan of Lancome products. I was looking for a lighter liquid foundation becuase I don't feel like a need a ton a coverage. I have freckles and I don't mind them showing and I don't want to look cakey or like I've to paint my whole face. I use a stippling brush to apply it to my nose and chin (were I'm usually redder than i like). It gives me a nice light coverages but evens out my redness. Lancome is expensive and maybe I'd be happen with a cheaper product but I'd probably have to buy 10 before I found one I liked as much so why not go to the Lancome counter, try out the product, know I like it. It's probably cheaper in the end.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I just bought this yesterday, but I'm loving it! I'll come back with a better review once I've been wearing it longer - but for now...it is awesome!
I am NC20ish in MAC (kind of between NC20-25 depending on the product), and I got this in 2W - which is perfect for my skin! I like that this has SPF18 in it, and I love how liquidy it is - a little goes a long way. This was $32 at Sephora - which is less than my usual ELDW.
I wanted something that was going to give me medium coverage, but not feel and look masky. From my neck-down, I am a perfect NC20, but on my face, I have a lot of red splotchyness, and the yellow in this (and NC20) color evens out the redness and makes everything one color from my neck up.
The coverage this offers is exactly what I was hoping to find - it covers the redness but has a very natural finish that lets your own skin shine through a little. For the record, I also have an oily t-zone, so we'll see how this works through the day. I use MUFE HD primer in 0 (neutral), and mixed the foundation with a pump of my Biore Dual Fusion moisturizer. I then finished this with a dusting of the ELF HD powder. It has a lovely natural look right now and I feel like my face can breathe, but also looks great!

EDIT: after wearing this for about a week, figured out that it dried out my skin. someone on the boards said this has alcohol in it - so that might explain it! I exchanged this for MUFE HD - we'll see how that goes!

on 9/22/2010 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So Heard some great stuff about Lancome Fresh Wear foundation, and OH MY GOODNESS, I just love it!!!! I can not compare it to any other foundation, it is that good! I think this may even be Holy Grail material ladies!

I would consider it pretty high coverage, but it looks super natural. It doesn't streak, even if you TRIED to streak this foundation it wouldn't streak.

It's lightweight, and unlike NARS, I totally forget I'm wearing foundation with the Lancome.
After using Lancome Fresh Wear, I noticed that NARS slips off my skin within a few hours. Compared to Lancome, the NARS is also a little bit sticky. Don't get me wrong, I like NARS, but not as much as I used to.

It's oil free, has a little spf, and lasts a long time. Lancome claims 18hr, but I'd say (for me) 8-10 is more realistic. Which is still pretty impressive!

I was hoping this foundation would be my summer foundation, however it didn't work well to control my oily skin. The product description made it sound like this foundation would help keep my skin looking matte all day. However, after a few hours the coverage of this product started to fade and my skin started getting oily. Additionally, there were no neutral shades in my intensity level (2), so I was forced to go with something more pink toned.

Overall I think this is a nice blendable foundation that gives a gorgeous appearance to the skin within the first few hours, however that effect doesn't last all day. I was also turned off by the price- - not even 1 full oz! Had the product lived up to its claims I would have been happy spending the money, but since it didn't work for me I don't plan to repurchase. I'm hoping this will work better for me in the fall when my skin isn't as oily.
UPDATE: Now that it is fall I've been trying to use this foundation up and see if I like it better in a cooler climate. While the foundation works better to control my oil in cooler weather, the foundation made my chin dry and peel. This has NEVER happened to me from a foundation before. I'm guessing the high alcohol content dried out my skin. Now I am even more hesitant to wear this foundation.

on 9/14/2010 6:06:00 PM

I bought this foundation 2 years ago when in came out. For reference, I'm an NC 42-43 in MAC and I think Bisque 9w is the closest to my skin tone. I find that this goes on best with the MAC 187 stippling brush. Like I said, when I bought this before, for some reason, I disliked the shade but I think its because I was wearing a powder that was too heavy and light. The Bisque 9w is a bit light one due to the SPF component of it and I should have paired it with a more yellow powder to match the rest of my body but I didn't. Apart from that, I liked everything else about it and I've just rediscovered it and I feel like a dummy for spending all this extra money trying other foundations when I could have stuck with this one.

I hope that they don't discontinue this one and that they keep my shade Bisque 9w since they discontinued this shade for the new Teint Idole 24H.