L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream

L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
Immortelle Divine Cream

3.8

Water, C12, 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Evening Primrose Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG- 100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Parsley Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Echium Lypcosis Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Copper Gluconate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral

on 12/28/2013 6:31:00 PM

I got a .5 oz. sample of this which I have been replenishing with the sample packets over time. Although this is not my go-to cream, I think I have used it often enough to comment about its effect. I do not understand all the hype about this product because it does not perform any feat of magic worthy of its name. It moisturizes well, but not as well as the Immortelle Very Precious Night Cream by the same company. It does not lighten or brighten for those of us with visible acne scars and discoloration. In fact, it has myrtle in it, which is a known skin irritant for those with sensitive skin. Overall, I think this is just an over-hyped cream. Invest your money elsewhere.

on 11/20/2013 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

I'm new to this cream (just started recently) & am living on samples that I've been able (so far) to score more cheaply than buying the full-size version. I got a GREAT deal for a combined total of 2.8 oz of Divine Cream in little sample packets (& a couple of sample jars) for only $34.50 altogether, as opposed to the regular store price of $106 (ouch!) for the 1.7 oz full-size jar - more for less! That's a superb steal & the little foil packets not only remain fresh but are portable as needed for travel or in my purse, which I like (though I don't like the environmental waste, so I won't be continuing on samples longterm).

I love the light texture of this cream, feels refreshing on the skin, hydrating & soothing, & very quickly plumps my dry skin so that it appears fresher & looking rested (otherwise it looks pretty ragged without any makeup on). I don't use any fancy-schmancy skincare anymore (at present) & just use low-cost retinol treatment cream (by Life-Flo) every other night & for moisturization I alternate btwn generic hyaluronic acid serum (which I love), argan oil (though leaves me feeling dry again) or Life-Flo BiEstro-Care cream (yes I use it on my face+neck to treat dry skin due to early hormonal decline).

I read many positive reviews of how this cream 'plumps' ppl's skin, so I had to try it & I do like the soft results I get as well as it being gentle & non-irritating - no stinging, no burning, no tightness, just comfort & softness. After it sinks in, my skin is left neither dry nor greasy. There are other brands & items I want to try as well (including jojoba oil), so I'm not fully committed to this cream & still "shopping around." But it's a very good product & I would certainly buy it again (at discount).

I have been using L'Occitane products for many years now, and there are a few that I swear by. Divine Cream is a new favorite for me. I've always loved the way the Immortelle line smells, it's like wild flowers, or sunflowers, a subtle organic smell. The cream works surprisingly well with acne prone skin, it actually cleared up my break outs. It calms my skin down, which is nice. The biggest benefit I've noticed is that my skin is like silk to touch. It's very very smoothing. I didn't buy it for anti aging properties, but my skin looks and feels well hydrated. I don't mind the price because there's a lot in the jar, and its so hard for me to find a cream that doesn't clog my pores or dry me out or give me break outs...I'm ok with spending money on high quality products that work. And this one works!

on 10/29/2013 3:18:00 AM

I am half way into my 2nd jar of this Divine Cream.
It is expensive but it can last for almost 6 months for me.
Scoop a little and massage it onto the face. It does its job on moisturizing & so far lines seems to be diminished. It works for me.
Cons: I used to apply it as my make up base but have stop cos I notice my face gets a little too oily. And It has an odd scent & my husband hates it.

on 10/7/2013 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Meh- just moisturizer. Felt nice and great packaging but i don't know if it has made a real difference in my skin. if anything it feels a bit oilier. Plus the price is pretttty ugly.

This is a good moisturiser. Although it seems expensive, it lasts a long time, especially if used over a serum. There is nothing wrong with the scent or the jar. It is a light cream, suitable for all skin types. It absorbs quickly and leaves the skin soft and well moisturised.

This product is not going to turn back the clock, but it is a good product to use under makeup, not as a treatment cream.

on 7/16/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my all time favourite cream/moisturizer. Words are not enough to describe how wonderful this is. I see instant results with this. It makes my skin so nice and plump, smooth, soft, evens out my skintone, hydrated, and provides anti-aging benefits. I am in love. This is on par with my Bobbi Brown Extra Cream which i love too and see the same results with that. I have already repurchased. A little goes a long way. in the summer time it is a tad bit heavy so i use it only at night and durnig the day i make do with just a serum or only sunscreen and tinted moisturizer/Future Skin foundation. When i don't use this even for a day or two, I can see the difference in my skin texture. Its literally 'food and vitamins' for my skin. My HG cream alongside BB Extra Cream.

For reference, I'm normal/combination skin.

on 7/8/2013 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

OK I'm sure this is not worth the £69 I paid for it BUT I kept going back for samples to see if the fantastic results were real and decided to bite the bullet. This makes my skin look great, plump, hydrated, soft and dewy. I honestly don't know whether it's the immortelle ingredient or whether the formulation is just great for my skin but I really can notice a difference when I use this.
I actually quite like the smell but the jar is very annoying especially as you get more than half way through and you have to fiddle around with the silly spatula to get at the product.
I use this at night either over a C serum or retin A. I also use it during the day on dry areas under sunscreen.
I would re-purchase - better start saving up now!

Nice product. A little too pricey for me but next splurge I will definitely buy it.

on 6/23/2013 6:11:00 AM

This moisturizer is great!
It really plumps your skin, nourishes and moisturizes it and makes it look great immediately after you put it on the face! I never got such a noticeable results with any other moisturizer.
I never used any moisturizer in this price range either, but in this case it's deffinitely worth to invest your money in such a good product.

There are only 2 things I don't like about this moitsurizer:
1. Smell - I don't really like it. It's a strong herbal scent and it's probably nice to other people but I never got used to it. It didn't bother me that much, but I think the smell could be better.
2. Texture - it's really creamy and a bit greasy, but it didn't cause any breakouts on my combo skin (I actually think it made my skin break out less than usual). But because it's a bit greasy I only used it as a night cream. I probably wouldn't use it during the day anyway though (even if it was lightweight) because it doesn't contain any SPF. I'd probably use it as a day cream only during the winter.

So, because of these 2 things I gave it 4/5, otherwise it would be 5/5 without a doubt!