St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

This review is for the "Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub": This stuff is amazing - I don't think I will ever use another scrub or cleanser again. I've used the Apricot Scrub for close to 10 years, but I bought this on a recommendation and dare I say it...I actually like this even better! I was having a bad break out on my cheeks from a new blush and using this scrub just ONE time made a HUGE difference. It was completely cleared up in 2-3 days. The smell is great, and it does leave my face feeling super soft and not overly dry. I don't really have an issue with redness, so I can't say anything about that, but over all this product completely surpassed my expectations!
***UPDATE - for whatever reason, I don't like this so much as an everyday wash/scrub. I went back to using the apricot scrub everyday and use this one when I'm having a breakout, and have found that this combination works best for my skin.I took off a couple lippies because it isn't very effective as a daily wash to me.***

on 8/16/2015 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

First thing first, the scent of this scrub is amazing! Then, when i applied it on my face, you can feel the scrubbing particles are fine and yet after rinse off, you feel instant smoothness on your skin. I picked this out of randomness wandering at the drugstore BUT I REALLY enjoy using it. It claimed that you may use it regularly one to three times a day but generally i would just use it maximum twice a day. Yeay to clean and blackhead free skin!

I'm all about trying new products. I loved this product... at first. I would use it once every 2 or 3 days, and for the most part, it cleared my acne. Once I started to start using the scrub more often (once a day) my skin started breaking out, bad. I'm not sure if it's this scrub or the sea breeze I've been using, but my friends have been using it for a long time and give it glowing reviews. So, in my experience, St.Ives may work in the beginning, but in the long run is not a very good face was.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

St. Ive's does it again with this one. I always liked their scrub and now with green tea its the bomb! Makes my skin feel smooth and renewed. Plus gets rid of nasty pimples!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm amazed at how much I love this! I actually purchased this product by mistake. I have enjoyed using St. Ives Apricot scrub for years. I was amazed how this scrub dramatically decreased my facial redness.

on 8/3/2015 1:36:00 AM

Only after one use I noticed a massive difference in my skin. Any redness was dramatically reduced. I had developed some small bumps under my skin on my forehead, this scrub removed a lot of them after only one use. It had such a refreshing smell as well. I like to use this product in the mornings every second or third day to really clean the skin.

Pros
Clears skin well
Gentle enough for regular use
Easy to wash off
Quite refreshing

Cons
Slightly drying for my skin but I just moisturise right after I wash it off and my skin is fine

I wasn't a big fan of this. I purchased it because it claims to clear blackheads, but I didn't notice a difference after using it on a regular basis. It also smells really weird and unpleasant. I prefer the St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub/Mask.

Pros: Deep exfoliation, didn't dry out my skin.

Cons: Did not clear blackheads, bad smell.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

worked well the first few times, went back to the product after a few months and now it cause me to break out like crazy

on 6/13/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this product. I have sensitive skin and this made my skin feel tight and hot after using. It brought out redness and did not clear my pores or do anything the help my skins condition. Not for me. I prefer the oatmeal mask/scrub. Will not purchase again or recommend.

I love this scrub. I use it with my Apricot Scrub & they both do a great job of keeping my skin fresh & clear. My acne has cleared up ever since I started using these products regularly. I notice an improvement after using the scrub, it makes my skin very clean & soft. I don't find the little balls(Idk what to call them lol) to be too harsh for my skin, you obviously just have to be gentle & don't literally scrub it into your skin. I lightly massage it in & it works great. Just don't get it into your eyes (that's with any face wash or beauty product tho) cuz I have heard stories about girls getting the little balls stuck in their eyes!😨 Overall this is a great product. I've gone back & forth between face cleansers & scrubs but St Ive's is always gonna be my favorite I think. Definitely give this a try if you have mild acne, not sure it would work on severe acne... The product has a nice pleasant smell to it, I find it refreshing. The packaging is nice as well & it lasts a while. I suggest using it 2-3 times a week for best results. Good luck beautiful!
XOXO😉