100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation

100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation
Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation

3.9

Not tested on animals

Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Juice)1, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Extracts of Prunus Persica Fruit (Peach), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit (Apricot), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Bean) and Lycium Barbarum Fruit (Goji Berry), Euterpe Oleracea Pulp (Acai) Oil, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract (Pomegranate Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf Ferment (White Tea)2, Coffea Arabica (Coffee Cherry), Aristotelia Chilensis (Maqui Berry), Vitis Vinifera Skin (Muscadine Grape), Garcinia Mangosteen Peel (Mangosteen), Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit (Acerola), Sambucus Canadensis (Elderberry), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle) SUNSCREEN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 15% Titanium Dioxide, 10% Zinc Oxide

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I decided to give this a try based on the ingredients and good reviews. This didn't work for me. Application looked blotchy (tried beauty blender, fingers, flat top brush and stippling brush). I also varied moisturizers and primers, no matter what I did, it just didn't apply smoothly and just looked sort of chalky (an aging quality) on me. In addition,it didn't cover light age spots. The Peach color was a good match, and my skin wasn't irritated by the product, so I'll give at least 3 lippies.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone skin and this is the first foundation to keep my skin looking matte for an extended period of time. Granted, after 5 or 6 hours I start seeing a little shine, but overall, I'm very pleased with this product. It isn't cakey and the color Toffee works well with my tan skin. It is a medium to full-coverage foundation. Recently, I've been using this product to create my own natural tinted moisturizer or BB cream, for lighter coverage. (The tinted moisturizer from 100% Pure is too greasy for my skin). I mix a little bit of this foundation with a natural sunscreen and a natural oil-based serum (for moisture), and it works well for my everyday look. This foundation does not break me out, and I will definitely be repurchasing it when I run out. I've recommended this product to my mom (in her mid 50's with oily skin), and she can't live without it either. Their powder foundation works really nicely too.

on 8/26/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I really loved this product, the color Creme was a perfect match for my skin tone and it was great coverage.. The only bad thing about it that would stop me from
Buying it again is that it is a bit too cakey for me. I really wanted it to be my HG, considering all the great natural and non-toxic ingredients that are in this foundation. So if you have even slightly dry skin I would recommend a good moisturizer and primer to with this foundation.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i love it!! It's the first foundation i have found that has matched me completely. i am the color golden peach. i got a sample of it from. great website if you're looking for product and you want to help out the cause.
the finish of this foundation is a natural matte it doesn't feel sticky on the face after it's done drying like some foundations i have tried. it looks great in florescent light and daylight. the texture of it is interesting. it's a liquid but it's slightly creamy.
when i wear foundation i have a habit of mixing it with a little bit of foundation because i think it marries with my skin better that way.
when i don't mix it with moisturizer, the coverage of this foundation is AMAZING!! I can really appreciate the coverage, i just like something more sheer but i like the fact that i can sheer it down or wear it full.
i think this really is everything i've been looking for but i've only had it 2 days so i can't say right now. i will update in about a week.
***
UPDATE
i still like the foundation. it hasn't broken me out at all, however it's not as perfect a match as i thought. it's not too dark that it can't be fixed with a lighter powder though.

on 6/29/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Pros:
Matte/Powder Finish
Natural/Organic
Comes with a pump
Lasts a good while
SPF

Cons:
Always out of Stock!!!!
May break some people out
Pricey
Hard to find the right shade based on pictures.
Tricky to blend

I love this foundation.The packaging is nice. I have very oily skin and i love that i dont have to put powder on after I apply it. The lasting power is very good for a natural product. I'd say for my oily skin it lasted about 8-12 hours on a good day with constant blotting. (if i didn't have oily skin it would last longer i bet)
It's tricky learning to blend this if you're used to silica, because it dries and sets really quickly so you have to work in sections and blend fast. I bought this in the wrong shade and I've been looking like an oompa loompa for a few months now. (I bought it darker because i thought i'd be getting darker in the summer but I didn't get exposed to the sun as much as i thought i would.) They have a 30 day return policy but I was too lazy to wait for the whole process. I think its because of my oily skin but im not sure but it did get a bit orangy(oxidized) throughout the day. (Oompa Loompa!)
It does have some ingridients that may break people out. I'm very acne prone and still haven't found the cause of my acne nor the cure...so i cant say much about whether or not it made my skin worse or not. (my skin has good and bad days so i can't tell)

Despite the review which sounds like i hate the product because of the shade issues I dont. Those were my own fault for being lazy and not returning the product. and I'd give it more lippies but i'd been trying to get ahold of this foundation in a lighter shade for two and a half months and it's always out of stock. They put it back in stock a month ago and it sold out in two days or something crazy like that :/

Idk.....idk...

on 6/10/2012 12:01:00 PM

I wish that I could wear this, because it is made from fruit and aloe. That sounds so nice.
FINISH
It comes out a liquidy cream. Then it dries very powdery, but if you put it on correctly, it will still look ok.
BLEND
It is very difficult to blend. It is powdery and dries really fast.
BREAKOUT
Foundation reacts differently with everyone's skin, and this one clogged my pores. I broke out with acne cysts.
COLOR
I am really pale with cool undertones. I had the lightest color, Cream, and it was still way to dark and way to yellow.

I would not buy this again. I have a friend who LOVES this make up and wont even try other kinds. So, if you are interested in trying it, they will refund if you are dissatisfied, so I say it is worth a try.

on 5/22/2012 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the way this product applies and i love how it looks once its on and blended in
it took me a few tries to apply is properly without using up too much product
i find if i did my forhead first using a tapping motion with a new makeup sponge then go to my left cheek and then my right and my chin last it goes on perfectly and evenly
i use about 3 pumps and it lasts the whole day and is sooo soft on the skin makes it feel amazing and soft and i love that the ingrediants are all natural as i find my skin hates any chemical or fake ingrediant HOWEVER
it has broken my skin out terribly in little white heads all over my entire face and a few big ones im hoping its just my skin detoxifying trying to get used to a GOOD product since its used to clinique which is chemicals ill write a review in another 2 weeks hoping it'll be cleared up by then as i really want this product to work for me since i love how it looks and feels on just the fact that its making me break out really bad is making me want to cry and i feel super insecure cant go out without makeup

on 4/3/2012 3:12:00 AM

I bought this foundation for 4 times for the past 3 years. The reason why I keep purchasing this is because I have not find a better "All natural" foundation that works for my skin.

Package:
When it first came out, the cheap plastic packaging would crack & the pump did not work well. The company upgraded the package & it's a lot better than before although the pump still doesn't pump very smoothly.

Texture:
This foundation is NOT SUITABLE for DRY SKIN. The texture of this foundation seems creamy when you first pump it out. As soon as you spread it on your face, it turns into a "dry powdery" streak so your face MUST be moisturize before applying this product & you will need to work very fast when you spread this foundation on your face. I'm using Tazorac (retinol cream) to treat acne so my face is dry & peels during the day although I have oily skin. This foundation makes my skin EVEN DRIER!! It sucks out all the moisture on my skin and ENHANCES my wrinkles, dry skin patches, and cracks. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you have dry skin. It's VERY HARD to BLEND because it doesn't contain silicons, synthetic fatty alcohols or fatty acids that gives you a smooth glide & conceals pores. I like this foundation because unlike other "natural foundations", it does not contain cocoa butter, algae extracts or other natural ingredients that will cause cystic acne. Many "natural" foundations or Asian BB creams actually contain these ingredients so I can't use them at all.

Pros: I give 3 stars for the following reasons. Great natural & some organic ingredients in this foundation with reasonable price (compare to other brands that charges a lot). It's fragrance free, silicon free and paraben free!! I feel better about using this on my skin on a long term basis than putting something with lots of unknown chemicals for years.

Cons: Poor color selection compare to other brands of foundations on the market. It makes your skin appears very dry & dehydrated if you have dry skin or if your skin is not well moisturized. This foundation also clogs my pores and give me blackheads. The finish is extremely "MATTE" and "CAKEY" (although the package says it's "satin" finish) and does not create a smooth finish, so if you have fine lines, this foundation will enhance your fine lines.

FYI: my skin type is moderately oily and large pores around the T-zone with deep ice pick and rolling scars around the T-zone. I have sensitive DRY cheeks that are prone to irritation and fragrance products. I get rash around my hair lines if I use the wrong skin care product. I suffer from acne for more than 15 years, and have been using Retinol cream to help control acne for 6 years.

Update 4/28/2013: I found a perfect way to apply this foundation when my skin is VERY DRY from retinol treatment. I apply sunscreen first, then 2 pumps of 100% pure Primer & let it set for ~1 min. Then I mix 1 pump of foundation plus 2 drops of Jojoba oil (the ratio of this mixture gives me a medium coverage) & apply the mixture on my face using a "Gentle Patting Motion" so I don't get streaks on my face. My face looks more dewy and moisturized with this application process, but NOT MATTE at all (I don't like MATTE finish foundation because it enhances the look of my fine lines). I only put on 1 layer of the foundation mixture because I don't like the heavy makeup look!

Update 7/15/2013: I dropped my rating from 4 stars to 3 stars. I had to stop using this foundation because I did eventually have little white bumps and endless blackheads on my nose. Adding oil and using 100% pure primer with this foundation makes my face look greasy and thick over time. It's not long lasting and makes my pores look very large and congested. Unfortunately, I had to switch back to Shiseido's Dual Balancing foundation. It gives me a better coverage and a smooth finish. I also don't have to go through so much trouble to make it work for me.

on 2/26/2012 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

It is thick and tough to blend.
But it doesn't hurt my skin, which is eczema and acne prone. Coverage is fine. Not suitable if skin is dry. I don't use this during winter. Too drying.
I use this on occasions when I need better coverage.
Start with oil-based moisturiser and the foundation look better and not cakey.

Edit Dec 2012: I've stopped using this since the colour does not match me to begin with and too cakey to be applied correctly. I've started using Fancl foundation and that is more watery (less coverage) and good for sensitive skin too!

I purchased this because I saw a online deal where you could buy $50 worth of product for $25. I've been trying to look for a foundation without dimethicone which I believe is what is the culprit for most of my breakouts.

Price: This foundation is not on the inexpensive end. In fact, it's pretty pricey for what it is. For $32 I expected a little more. The packaging isn't that great and the pump is a littly flimsy.

I am NC25 (maybe a little lighter in the winter) and purchased this in Peach Bisque. It was way too yellow and way too dark for me (and I'm Asian). It was so dark to the point where I had the dreaded foundation line on my jaw line. Yes, it was my fault for not blending better but it was just awful.

The foundation is really hard to blend. I used my heavier moisturizer before using it based off the reviews and it is still hard to blend. The second day I mixed it with my lotion but it didn't help too much. The coverage also wasn't as great as I would have liked. For a foundation that was so hard to blend, you'd think it would have better coverage. But at the same time, it was such an awful color match that the more I put on, the more orange I became.

Ultimately, the deal breaker was when I broke out in a rash around my chin the next day. My chin felt very rough and bumpy, and I had not changed anything in my routine except trying out the foundation. I stopped using the foundation and the bumpiness went away.

If you could make this work for you, fantastic but it's tough to find a color match and I think all the natural ingredients were not a good match for my skin.