100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation

100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation
Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation

3.9

Not tested on animals

Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Juice)1, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Extracts of Prunus Persica Fruit (Peach), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit (Apricot), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Bean) and Lycium Barbarum Fruit (Goji Berry), Euterpe Oleracea Pulp (Acai) Oil, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract (Pomegranate Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf Ferment (White Tea)2, Coffea Arabica (Coffee Cherry), Aristotelia Chilensis (Maqui Berry), Vitis Vinifera Skin (Muscadine Grape), Garcinia Mangosteen Peel (Mangosteen), Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit (Acerola), Sambucus Canadensis (Elderberry), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle) SUNSCREEN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 15% Titanium Dioxide, 10% Zinc Oxide

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this foundation sold on its 100% pure ingredient list. I wanted so badly to love something that was supposed to be good for my skin - at least, relatively compared to the majority of ingredients in other foundations. I read some reviews about the foundation color and that was my biggest concern - that the color wouldnt match. I bought the lightest shade, the match was perfect.

HOWEVER, this is the worst foundation that I have used. It is incredibly cakey, hard to blend, and does not last very long. I have previously used Dior (all of their foundations), Lancome, Makeup Forever, and Bare Minerals. They are all 100 times better in my book that this foundation. I would rather have ingredients that arent 100% organic and whatnot for a product that will actually look good. I dont think this does justice in describing the horrible experience that I have had with the 100% foundation and would never buy it again.

I wrote this initial review many years ago. I bought something else from 100% and bought a sample of the foundation to try in case the formula changed. It has. It's more liquidy (which is good because the old formula wasn't), it was easier to blend, and the color match was ok. However, I wont be purchasing the full bottle because exchanges/returns are harder when buying online and I dont want to be stuck with something I hate. Also the second ingredient was squalane which my skin had some negative reactions to (NOT with the foundation, but whne I used it on its own a few months ago) so that's a deterrent.

on 10/10/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Update Nov. 2016.
This is the only foundation I've bought again and again, 5 years and counting.
It covers very well, no need for concealer. It stays in place all day on my 47-year old skin with fine lines and wrinkles, no moving around. It looks natural. Good ingredients, no reaction. And they have extended the color selection since my original review so I have a perfect match.
What's the catch?
You need an unusual technique to apply it. No brushes or sponges will do, only fingers.
First, make sure skin is moisturized. Apply the foundation in a THIN layer FAST to a small area, blending it out to desired coverage. It dries very fast. Then take a little more, apply to a neighboring area and continue like that. You can build extra coverage, but make sure that you have a very thin layer on your finger and dab/stroke it on.
Found that it works very well over the argan oil SPF30 cream, a beautiful porcelain look.

The lightest shade is a little bit too dark and yellow for me, but much better than the tinted moisturizer. (edit Nov 2016, now they have Alpine Rose that is perfect for me)
The most important thing is: this does not break me out!
I have sensitive skin, and most (all?) conventional face creams leave my skin with little bumps. That goes for foundations too.
My skin is dry, this dries matte, no powder needed, until mid day, a bit on the nose.
Covers well, but takes a little extra effort to get even on drier parts.
I thought I could thin it out with the pomegranate spf moisturizer, but that made the texture almost unspreadable.
Wish it came in a slightly lighter and colder shade, but will repurchase, as it is the best i've found that doesn't break me out.
Love the concept of non harmful products!

Update 2011-12-29
I have nowwoejed selling makeup for 3 months, trying several high and low end brands, and my appreciation of this foundation continues to grow. It looks the most natural of all on my 42 year old skin, doesn't need powder, stays the same colour, stays on for 12-hour work days. And covers enough that I have no need for a concealer under my eyes.
It took some time to perfect application, it dries fast, so swift fingers directly on the skin in segments work. It is buildable after drying.
And it still doesn't break me out!

on 9/13/2011 7:21:00 PM

I bought this foundation after reading the glowing reviews here, and absolutely love it. Fortunately I selected the right color (Peach Bisque) and I was pleasantly surprised by how well the color matched; how it comes out matte, and also how much coverage it provides (especially for an organic product). The only downside is that it does not last long - 4 to 5 hours at most with a good primer (I use Korres Vitamin E primer, and 100% Pure argan oil moisturizer). This is my favorite foundation so far.

on 9/7/2011 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I loved the idea of this product more than the actual experience. I purchased the lightest shade based off of the model photos and it was a good three shades darker than her skin. (I'm NC10/NW5) I could hide that it was a bit too dark by bringing it down my neck and using a super light powder, but in the end it was not worth the trouble. It did wear off by the end of the day, even with powder, and looked very obvious. Never broke me out or otherwise adversely affected my skin, but once again, I just couldn't justify keeping on using it when it was making me look so weird. I wanted to love this, but just couldn't.

on 9/7/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Incredible! Never thought I'd find something like this. I'd like to thank all the reviewers here for giving an honest review.
After trying this out I was amazed at how comfortable it was on, and people kept telling me how nice my skin looked (even though I have terrible blemished skin).
Full coverage and matte finish, completely smooth to the touch. No sticky residue at all and it's very long lasting. I wore this all day without a problem, no color fade or anything.
The ingredients are very healthy for your skin so I don't mind using this everyday.
Most importantly for me, this did not break me out after everyday use, it actually made my skin smoother and clearer.
Very very satisfied with this product and definitely my HG foundation

on 8/23/2011 2:25:00 AM

EDIT: still love the idea of this product, but for the sake of color (too dark) and texture (much too dry), i had to drop a lippie. i'm going through my stash of this by mixing with the medium color of mac's studio tint. ah well!

my first review! i love this foundation, but i definitely needed to figure out how to use it to best suit my skin. i'm nc42, and use this foundation in toffee. by itself, it's super-matte and cakey on my skin, although i never noticed any oxidation when i wore it alone. i wear it now super-super sheered out with aubrey organics rosa mosqueta night creme...i know that sounds a little crazy but i use this moisturizer day and night, and it sheers out the foundation to a perfect medium dewy coverage. my diy TM matches my skin tone perfectly, and i get compliments all the time on my natural-looking makeup! i apply the foundation+moisturizer with my fingertips, blend out a bit with the ecotools bronzer brush, and i'm good to go.

took off one lippie since i have to wear this sheered out with moisturizer, but it's a small price to pay for the huge benefit of wearing healthy, natural makeup and getting great results out of the deal!

on 8/12/2011 11:31:00 PM

too shiny for my skin and didn't cover well and i had a hard time matching my skin tone

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation does have a strong coverage, which I love, but it has some MAJOR draw backs! First, it is hard to blend, and shows up pink on my skin. It definitely gave me that middle school just started wearing makeup look. Second, it made me break out like CRAZZZZZY! I was so excited about this foundation at first, but ended up sadly disappointed. And the search for HG foundation continues.....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product dries very quickly so you have to do one section of your face at a time or it will be very difficult to blend. I use a stippling brush with this product because it very easily looks cakey. I bought the lightest color, creme, but when I but a powder over to set it the color changes. It looks darker and slightly orange =/ the coverage isn't the greatest. I wont be repurchasing.

on 5/17/2011 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For those that have warm complexions this stuff is fantastic. I have a hard time finding foundations that actually match my yellow tone skin, but this is near perfect and lasts longer than NARS Punjab. I also like that is is natural, less chemicals on my skin. The texture is great- almost matte with strong coverage, but not cakey at all. I use the peach bisque shade and it is great. It is not longer wearing, even with powder, lasting for about 4-5 hours.