OPI Funky Dunkey

Funky Dunkey

4.6

on 5/31/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Funky Dunkey looks bright in some swatches but once you put it on, it just look purple and it's not too bright. I find this color is grape with hint of muted grey tone. The formula is creme and the drying power is excellent. Coverage is good as I only need 2 coats to get an opaque finish. When I tested this color on a piece of paper, I find the color is similar to Purple With A Purpose. But Purple With A Purpose is shimmer and bright. Funky Dunkey is soft creme.
I can see why so many viewers like this color. The color is definitely "in" and it's very wearable for all type of skin tone. I give it a 5 because the application is so easy and the finish is good. I will probably buy another back-up bottle.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

LOVE this Purple, its a like grape color purple (think its my fave of the Shrek collection). I was goin to get OPI Purple w/a Purpose, but im glad i went w/Funky Dunkey. Love the Shrek movies & i love this collection (like the 3 bright colors better than the pastel 1s). this polish is super pigmented & thick which is good 4 me, makes it much easier to apply. Great color for the summer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a fun color! It's almost a dupe for China Glaze Grape Pop - but is maybe not quite as blue-toned. I like the formula for this better than I did the Grape Pop.

This is a fun grapey-jewel toned purple. Great for summer.

on 5/10/2010 6:00:00 PM

Beautiful color! As previously mentioned, one coat is perfectly acceptable, it's so richly pigmented. The formula is smooth and easily handled. I was especially excited that OPI came out with a close match to RBL Mismas at less than half the price. The shine is incredible, and I wore it for five days with no topcoat (no time! :) and had no chipping whatsoever. LOVE!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love OPI's Purple with a Purpose, and this colour is its very close cousin. Funky Dunky is a smooth creamy shade without any shimmer, and Purple with a Purpose looks almost identical to it, but it's flecked with gold shimmer.. It's a beautiful shade of purple that would look good all year round. LOVE this colour and the OPI Shrek collection!!!

on 4/26/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

MASSIVE home run for OPI on this one!

Funky Dunkey was released with the "Shrek Collection" for spring 2010. Of the collection, this was the only shade that appealed to me and the only one I really wanted, and it certainly didn't disappoint one iota! This is the perfect medium purple cream and application on this is phenomenal! I can get away with one coat easy because the color payoff is saturated and rich. Two coats gives it a bit more depth. Unlike some of OPI's recent releases, this applies with complete ease, totally even and did not streak on a single nail! I will definitely be scoring myself a back up of this. Holy grail purple!!! continued >>

Oh dear, this is officially my new favourite purple polish !!

If you liked the Hong Kong formula, you will like the Shrek collection! It goes on opaque in 2 coats and wears wonderfully. Not to mention the amazing colour :) Similar to China Glaze grape pop but a touch brighter. If you love purple you'd love Funkey!

Popular Polishes