BIODERMA Sebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel

BIODERMA Sebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel
Bioderma Sebium Purifying Foaming GelSebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming GelSebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel

4.4

WATER (AQUA), SODIUM COCOAMPHOACETATE, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, PEG-200 HYDROGENATED GLYCERYL PALMATE, PEG-40 GLYCERYL COCOATE, DISODIUM EDTA, CITRIC ACID, ZINC SULFATE, SODIUM COCETH SULFATE, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, COPPER SULFATE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, SODIUM CHLORIDE, XYLITOL, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, MANNITOL, RHAMNOSE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

on 7/16/2013 10:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Texture: Gel like, foams nicely without drying. No weird residue left on the skin like some foam cleansers.

Packaging: For $35 you can get a really big bottle (500mL) and that's a great deal. One pump is all you need. I wash my face twice at night, once to remove my makeup and the second time to clean my skin.

Smell: Clean, light, not florally or citrus like. Lovely in the morning.

Overall: I love that it doesn't have soap so I don't have to worry about drying my skin out. It's simple and does a great job for people with or without sensitive skin. I think it's a great alternative to Philosophy's Purity and Neutrogena's gentle cleanser. If you want an everyday cleanser this is it.

on 7/4/2013 7:21:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE bioderma products (well the 1's i am currently using at least). I live in a very dry place with crazy heat, it's quite absurd really, can go up to 45 degrees celsius in Summer. Anyway, My skin is oily/combo/acne prone and quite sensitive too on my cheek area. I have been using this cleanser for about a month and a half and it's probably my HG cleanser. Works beautifully, takes away all the dirt (i don't really wear foundation and what not 'coz i was always afraid it would just clog up my pores and worsen my skin) and i've noticed my acne is going away as well. I use this in conjunction with 3 other sebium line products (akn, serum and pore refiner). It foams up nicely and skin feels velvety when the cleanser is washed off (something i noticed in the shower every morning). It took most of the black heads off my nose away as well. Costed me $14.76 after conversion. Highly recommended.

Update: This product is NOT for dry and flaky skin so if you have that then please do NOT purchase this. Bioderma has a separate product line for dry skin. My skin started to get dry and flaky due to the medicine i was on and it got extra sensitive with mild-slightly strong rosacea and I used this, it burned and any products I put on my skin after that burned even more. I had to stop using it for a little while (until my dry skin was gone). So please, be careful. I am using it again seeing as my skin is back to oily and it still does a good job.

on 7/1/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

After a few weeks my skin texture gets better and seems acne finally is gone. although It doesn't dry my skin, it cleans very well. unlike avene cleanance gel this one is very easy to use .

pros
price is reasonable
doesn't dry at all
smell is very fresh
easy to use
improves skin texture
prevent/reduce cystyc acne

Cons
nothing yet

on 6/26/2013 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

After reading some of the reviews here while on the lookout for a new cleanser, I decided on this one. I've heard of Bioderma before but didn't really want to try the solutions since I prefer wash-off cleansers. Being in Singapore, I'm almost always sweating because of the heat and humidity, and that combined with an oily complexion can be hell. So far the cleanser has been doing great; it doesn't leave your face squeaky after washing but still cleansed and I do notice that the shine has been noticeably reduced. I got it after a 15% discount at SGD 25 which is pretty reasonable considering its a mid-range brand.

on 6/25/2013 11:23:00 PM

I have been using this product for almost a month now and it's been working great on my skin. It's a great cleanser and it doesn't dry my skin or cause any breakouts. I was able to buy the 500ml for $35 here in Canada. I only have to use one pump to remove my makeup and it doesn't leave any residue. I have sensitive skin so this was a great find. I think the 500 ml will last me a few months. If anything changes I'll let you know but I'm glad that my friend recommended this product.

My HG cleanser since I saw it on a youtuber's video. I live in Belgium so it's easy to snag for a low price specially during the sales. It smells a little like apricot or peach, and the gel is blue, which has kind of started to taint my clarisonic brush! Having said that, it's an excellent cleanser.
This is for oily skin, I have an oily forehead and the rest of my face is dry and doesn't really get acne. I use it all over my face and use two different moisturisers afterwards.
I have to say, it's the first cleanser which doesn't cause blemishes. I've tried a lot of them, including high end Dior types. This isn't as drying, and is actually very result oriented. The packaging is practical and I love that you can get a big 500ml one. It also works really well without a clarisonic too.
Brilliant product.
I really recommend this for those with difficult, picky, or unpredictable skin. This will sort it out!

Edit 10/10/2013: I stopped using this cleanser after it dried my skin out a lot . So I actually don't recommend this for anyone with dry skin! I use a cleansing balm now which does the trick for me nowadays. The Monu one is a hidden gem.

Edit 24/10/213: So I have figured out when to use it and when to steer clear. It is good for when I am having a spontaneous full face break out despite using the products I always use. I think my skin decides it wants a change of scenery sometimes, and so I switch to Bioderma, and this calms it down. I use this for about 2 weeks before my skin starts drying out and breaking out a little bit, then I switch back to my regular cleanser and tadah! - calm skin for a good few months again! Good summer cleanser and for hormonal/stress breakouts. It forces my skin back to normality.

I used to have a normal clear skin but because of my pregnancy and hormonal changes, I am currently suffering from oily skin. I tried this amazing product and it is such amazing. Read more about my experience about this product here http://www.poutnpoisepad.com/review-bioderma-sebium-purifying-foaming-gel/

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I highly recommend this product! I use it in combination with the Bioderma Sensibio H2O cleanser, the Bioderma Hydrabio Light Cream and Bio-Oil as part of my winter skincare routine and it's amazing.

I tend to have oily and acne/spot-prone skin so I need to make sure that I use a facial wash that cleans my face but isn't too agressive on my skin especially because it tends to get dry patches.
So this is what I do.

Morning: Wash my face gently with the Bioderma face wash then apply the Bioderma Hydrabio Light Cream on my clean face.

Evening: Use the Bioderma Sensibio H2O cleanser on a cotton pad and gently wipe my face and get rid of any excess oil/dirt on my face. The wash my face with the Bioderma face wash and apply 2-3 drops of Bio-Oil on my fingers and massage it into my face.

I've been doing this for the past few weeks and my face has never looked so good.

on 10/28/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this product is pretty cool, it cleans really well and make your skin look matte for a long time. Maybe it can dry your skin a little after you use it, but about 20 minutes later your skin looks great without oily zones. Kinda pricy but it worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I first bought this about four years ago and never went back.

Pros
- Takes off my makeup (don't use it on your eyes, of course).
- Can be used with a face brush for bigger impact (taking off heavier foundation).
- Doesn't dry my skin out either way.
- Doesn't break me out, in fact it seemes to help keep zits at bay.
- The packaging is practical.
- Feels nice, doesn't sting or smell unpleasant.

Cons
- It's certainly not cheap for something you use every day.
- I find I can't be quite economical with it, more is actually more.