Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerEye Roller

3.9

on 9/19/2012 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It works well even when I don't put on any other makeup and while it doesn't cover them completely, it does do a pretty good job at hiding my dark circles. The price is fantastic too. Only giving it a 4 because by the time I go to do under my second eye, I have to roll it up and down my hand a bit to get the same amount of coverage I got on the first eye.

This is sooo great for over forty women with drier, crepier under eye area. It covers so well and never creases. It also never gets cakey or dry. Try applying it by tapping it in and then reapply if needed. This is the best under eye concealer I have ever used. I have moderate dark circles with light skin. The color of the original one is perfect. I think its the color that makes it so perfect. The color is peachy and perfect! Love!

on 9/19/2012 7:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this for about 6 months and am getting ready to purchase again. I usually dab a small amount of this under my eyes, (sometimes over, sometimes under foundation) - I then let it sit for a few minutes while I do something else and then with my ring finger, gently blend this in. It instantly brightens my dark areas and makes my eyes look fresh and awake! The formula is rather watery and thin which I like because it does not crease and I am still able to use a regular concealer over it if I need extra coverage. It is quite pricey here in Canada and as with other products, I would never pay full price for this and wait for it to go on sale.

this product was just to sheer for my under eyes. i love the soothing feeling of the metal ball but i feel that this product is just not a great concealer at ALL. i think getting it in clear wouldve been a wiser decision

on 8/29/2012 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I really like this little roller! I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I haven't seen any significant change in my moderate under-eye circles, but I like the level of coverage it provides and the idea that it might be doing st to help my under-eye area. I like wearing corrector and concealer and when I wear this I don't need the corrector. I have it in the medium/deep shade which is nowhere near deep, and it works great for my nc35-ish skin. I would definitely repurchase bc I like the idea of an additional treatment for my under-eyes now that I'm a little older and bc i can wear this alone for some coverage if i'm in a rush.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Honestly, this is not a good product if you have under eye circles. The yellow color does neutralize, but the coverage is not enough. Since this requires a separate brush to blend for application, AND a second product to cover up the rest... not worth it.

Edit: I retried this. for some reason, I am just not seeing why people love this so much. i don't have extremely dark circles, but it still did not provide enough coverage.

on 8/22/2012 4:44:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This is a very good product.

Considering its price and that you can find it anywhere here, even in the supermarket, it is a star product.

Pros:
-liquid texture: for me it is a plus because it does not feel heavy,feels more appropriate for the under-eye delicate skin and it is buildable.
- stays put: does not settle into fine lines (nor does it make them disappear though)
-ease of use
-excellent packaging to carry in your bag
- excellent for touch ups or pick-me-ups, it does not smudge your makeup.
-fairly inexpensive

cons:
- not "luminous" enough: I find its finishing a bit too matte for my taste. For you over 35, I would higlhy recommend prepping with a light eyecream underneath for best results.
- does not have any antiaging, anti-dark cirle effect: marketed as such, it does not deliver. I do not have heavy dark cirle/line/puffines issues to begin with, but after 3 months of use, I have not experienced any benefits.

VERDICT:
This is a very good "value for money" undereye illuminator and not a skincare product (even though it is marketed as such), which is fairly gentle on the delicate undereye skin, performs better than many highend illuminatiors out there and it is definatelly worth a shot.

For those of you familiar with Guerlain's precious light illuminator, the Garnier product is inferior for sure, but a very close second, and when the budget is tight, this is an excellent alternative!

I have found another thread of reviews on MUA on the same product ..So , here is is my review "again" :
don't have severe dark circles , but I have deep-set eyes and I don't have the healthiest lifestyle ..So I have been using concealers & more make-up for the last two years ..I bought this after reading the good reviews , I liked it ..Specially the cooling roll-on ball which soothes in the hot weather I live in (I recommend putting it in the fridge all the time if you live in a warm country ) ...It doubled as an amazing eye primer under eyeshadows ( yey :) ..I have dry eyelids so I can't use typical eye primers happily :/.. The only problem was ; I bought it in meduim ..or dark I think ...Which was too dark for me ..Still, I use it as an eye primer till I get a lighter shade to use it under my eyes .

on 8/19/2012 10:31:00 PM

I feel like a deranged super hero, on an never ending quest to combat my arch nemesis under eye circles.

Seriously, my mom gave me alot of things, gorgeous hair, flawless complextion, big dark eyes. She also went ahead and passed along her horrible under eye circles. The kind of circles that leave me with three choices in the morning. Sunglasses, Full Makeup, Or spend an entire day recieving sympathy and the well wishes of people who hope I feel better soon. So my story with this product goes as follows..
1.) Reading a magazine, hmm under eye roller.. Pfft as IF.
2.) Wandering through store, hmm there's that roller thing, looks stupid.
3.) Back at store, okay maybe I will try it..
4.) No way its to expensive, it isn't going to work..
5.) Okay I am going to try it..KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE!..
6.) -glances nervously- I hope no one saw my fist pump..
7.) Okay here we go..-applies it-
8.) -Blends it and sets it with a dab of powder-
9.) Wow, really?
10,) Hey, wow..really?
11.) -goes outside for the first time in years with no sunglasses, no full makeup, and get told how pretty I look "natural" by multiple people.
12.) SUCCESS! My mission is complete!

In summary I love this product, I happen to be lucky and it matches my skintone, I could definately see how some people might not have that experience with it. The coverage is pretty sheer though and easily blended. I do set it with a light powder. All in all I will definately repurchase so I can use it on days when I just want to run to the store without spending 45 minutes in front of my mirror combating dark circles with 5 different products and turning myself into a human optical illusion.

One warning, do not expect the roller ball to just flawlessly roll it onto your skin. That would be awesome, but really I just tap some product there with it and blend with my fingers.

Also I can wear it all day with no touch up, however it would be super easy to reapply and fix up if needed because its such a light layer!

As long as they make it, this will be in my makeup box..

on 8/7/2012 7:07:00 AM

I'm on my second rollerball of this so it would be a repurchase but I actually swapped for this one. This is a great drugstore concealer for dark circles. It's lighter coverage, non cakey and has good staying power. It really brightens and conceals my circles well. An undereye concealer is one thing that I never go without even on a light or minimal makeup day so I consider this a HG product. (I've been alternating between this and Maybelline dream lumi in radiant.) I think some try this and expect a lot of coverage but it's not really intended to be a heavy duty coverage product IMO. If you're looking for heavy coverage or have severe circles you'd probably be better off looking into another product or going the corrector And concealer route.