Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerEye Roller

3.9

on 7/28/2010 12:09:00 PM

I have deep set eyes, hereditary dark circles & I don't sleep normally. I always use very pigmented concealers to cover my circles and yet they are still visible (due to the structure of my face). I bought this to use it at the beach and generally when I cannot have a full make up and I didn't expected too much, just a little coverage. But I was surprised with the results! This has covered my dark circles, I dare to say I got the same results I get from a more pigmented and heavier concealer (Artdeco camouflage, Malu Wilz Camouflage, Coverderm), but without the cakey effect. It is a very light, easy to apply, doesn't set in lines and really covers! I can't say if it's moisturising, because I'm using an eye cream underneath.

It is about time! Finally a product that WORKS!
I have dark under-eye circles (thanks to stress and late nights of studying) so I've taken a recommendation and purchased this cheap product (15 AUD). The sheer tinted liquid surprisingly covers my darkness/redness... I use it on the corners of my nose, too, where it can also become quite dark.. also some mild pimples.

LOVE:
It stays on all day
Doesn't 'melt' into creases/pores
Doesn't look//feel like makeup - my bf hates me wearing makeup so I wear this and say I'm not wearing any =)
I don't even have to wear foundation anymore!!!
And when I do wear it with foundation, it stays put and looks so natural

HATE:
Nothing!!!

EDIT***

Sorry to change my mind, but this oxidises HEAPS. It goes from looking natural to looking orange really quickly. Now I use Mary Kay concealer (dirt cheap without the oxidisation)

on 5/13/2010 5:42:00 AM

I've tried most of the expensive undereye concealers in the market, and this by far is the best. Nevermind about the anti-puffiness and dark circle properties, I have not actually looked at it close enough to see if it does work, but the concealing properties are better than any I've tried. I use Laura Mercier Secret eye brightening powder and together, they work like magic. They last even longer than my foundation.

on 4/26/2010 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this in the medium / dark.

This is actually a pretty good concealer although I cannot comment on the anti-puffing claim that it has.

I have an issue with concealer seeming to disintegrate / crack/ flake every so often. I've heard this happens when you have dry skin around your eyes but I don't notice that I do, but my concealers (i've tried mac, estee lauder, various drug store brands) always seem to flake in any case. With this concealer I do notice it happens significantly less. Maybe that is due to the think cosnistency.

It's a very thin consistency, but does have a strong colour. On aplication it does kind of settle into your eye socket line, but I rub this and once i set with powder its quite amazing and lasts throughout the day and it's not until the late evening that I notice it starts settling into my socket line.

Negatives:
What has annoyed me is that it comes in two colours. Fair and Medium/Dark. The Medium / dark one is actually pretty light to be called medium/dark.
Roller ball can be a little annoying but not a big deal.
Nice looking packaging but its a waste for what is virtually a fat pen size roller. Could do with less packaging and charging less for it.

No comment:
Its ability to reduce puffyness around the eyes. My eyes aren't really puffy, they just have darkness.