CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre

4.3

This is the fragrance that I've been using ever since it's launch sometime in 2010 or so I can't remember. I'm not experienced in fragrances, but contrary to some reviewers, I find this actually a complex scent, alluring girl-like but with a hint of maturity and optimism. It has inspired spin-offs, and I'm not talking just about cheap stuff on the streets. Recently at Sephora's, I tested Givenchy's Ange Ou Demon Le Secret and was shocked to learn its similarity to Chance eau Tendre. This said, after the dry-down, Givenchy's became this flat horrid orangey after-taste, which is certainly nowhere near the standard of Chanel. Nonetheless, I'm moving onto other scents, but Chance eau Tendre remains a fond favourite, with bitter and sweet memories.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was not looking for a fragrance and purchased the sheer misting spray on impulse. I thought it smelled so fresh and clean. The packaging is great with an amazing spray. It applies very smooth and makes my skin feel soft. I was excited to have my fiancee smell it. He said it smelled cheap and had a soap smell like something from BBW. :( I still like it but maybe sit on it and think it over before purchasing.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I enjoy the smell of this. very fresh

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

EDIT 2013:

this lasts a long, long time ~ and it is sweet and just adorable.

This is one of the only Chanels (other than maybe Allure EDT) that doesn't have that Chanel note/feel.

I absolutely love this, and it would be HG material if it didn't dry down to straight up musk on me. All I have is a light musk/"night queen" oil on my pulse points afterward, and this is a pet peeve of mine. That said, others might be able to smell the quince still... And it's amazing on your clothes. Doesn't really do it for me in the hair, this one.

As tons of others have pointed out, this is super similar to Daisy, but it's much lighter and has an oilier feel. It's also not as sweet.

I smell quince and sweet grapefruit the most, and then a soft floral. (It says jasmine, but that's not at all what I get.)

It lasts okay. It's beautiful, comforting, cheerful, and happy while it does. And so am I. :)

The bottle is to die for. I am not a fan of most Chanels (allure, mlle, this, and fraiche are only exceptions), but Chanel bottles are in my top 2... Maybe my favorite. Simple. Strong. Clean. Feminine. And very sleek.

If you like Daisy, Light Blue, I Love Love, or Bond Scent of Peace, give this a shot. It has the lightness of Scent of Peace, with a tad more sweetness added.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Love love love this scent! I'm definitely a perfume girl, but I've been on the fence about buying any Chanel frangrances bc I find them somewhat overpowering and overpriced. That being said, I've been tempted to buy CocoM and Chance and when I smelled this scent at the airport duty-free, I knew it would be a good way to ease into Chanel fragrances bc of how much lighter it feels than the usual scents they produce. It's very summery and appropriate for the season and the more I wear it, the more I like it! my bf loves it too. It is definitely a palyful, yet clean and elegant, scent appropriate for a young woman to wear either on casual or more formal occasion. I didn't look up the notes, but love that it doesn't contain that muskiness typical in chanel perfumes that makes them better suited for colder months and formal events. I don't think it's common smelling because despite being fruity, the high quality is obvious- defferentiating it from other fruity fragrances. If I had to compare it something else, I'd say it's a higher end version of D&G Light Blue- the notes are not the same, but the vibe- airy, young, clean, flirty (but much more refined!)- is very similar. All in all, I would definitely repurchase! even at the high price.

update: I still LOVE this scent but am very disappointed by the lasting power :( I have to reapply every 3-4 hours which has really changed my mind about the cost effectiveness of the perfume.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Was looking for spring/summer fragrance. Sampled this in Nordy. Love this fragrance. I may add it to my collections, still researching fragrances.

I received this as a gift for Xmas and I love it! I wanted to try on more 'sophisticated' scents if that makes sense. I had mainly only used lotions & sprays before. I have a sample of Tom Ford's Black Orchid which is fantastic but something I would wear only on special occasions. Chanel Eau Tendre is a great everyday scent that smells feminine and light. It's not a powdery scent which I tend to not like.

I'm searching for a new scent as a Christmas gift for myself :) I have Chance and wear it but only to special occasions. Its very strong and definitely not for everyday. I tried Eau Tendre on today at Macys and though it was just so so. Actually to be honest, I could hardly smell it and what I did smell reminded me too much of Marc Jacobs Daisy, which I already have. Well....I have to say, that was about 6 hours ago and I can still smell it. Not only that, but this is the first fragrance that I have received compliments on, in a LONG time. Two people said something within a few hours time. Im amazed because I can hardly smell it on myself! This is a winner!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a big fan of the Chance fragrance line with Eau Fraiche being my favorite. Eau Tendre has a youthful, clean scent. At first spritz, I thought that it smelled a little too sweet and generic (you just expect a little more from Chanel). Given a few moments Eau Tendre starts to settle and it smells more fresh and clean with sweet floral notes. I find the scent to be very youthful and girly. Needless to say it eventually won me over and I purchased it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This perfumes smells really nice and seems to stay on my skin as well! :D

Popular Fragrances