CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre

4.3

I was initially put off by the fact that I don't like the original Chance and assumed this would be very similar to the original except lighter. It doesnt smell anything like the original Chance (which imo is quite spicy). Chance eau Tendre is classified as a fruity/floral but I dont really get the fruity aspect as I always assume fruity = sweet. Chance eau Tendre is a light floral that doesnt have any distinctive quality about it and smells quite generic. Its pretty but nothing about it stands out or makes it memorable. It smells very very similar to Marc Jacob's Daisy - if you like Daisy I can pretty much guarantee you will like this fragrance. I bought this because I am a sucker for a good ad campaign. Also I was expecting the actual perfume to be pink in color but it is not its clear.

I don't like the original chance or the second iteration eau fraiche very well but this one i rather like. I have been wearing this for a few days and it is refreshingly light for daytime wear. This is a very casual and it feels very playful and innocent - no vixen or sexy minx hiding in here. I like it for its fruity notes that are not too sweet but very summery, this does not turn sugary at any point which is very appreciated. The mid floral notes smell like jasmine and another light watery floral smell i can't quite name but they are very pleasant. The white musk is very subtle but still manages to ground this acceptably. The lasting power is pretty poor however and that is my only real beef with this fragrance; it lasts about 3 hours on me. Very light and pretty scent overall - not revolutionary and not distinctly 'chanel' to me. I will use up and maybe repurchase but probably not as i find estee lauder's pleasures exotic to be more interesting on me and of the same genre.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Lovely fresh floral scent. Doesn't last worth a crap!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It smells like " wanna be D&G Light Blue" for women, and then "Oh, wait, I wanna be Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture". It is not original, not innovative, not recognizable, not CHANEL, and definitely not CHANEL Chance.

Eau Tendre will go down in history as the "Pink Chanel." Chanel finally commits to the fruity/floral market with this latecomer that has very little to do with its progenitor. Eau Tendre makes me suspect that Eau Tendre is less inspiration and more the perspiration of pouring over just which fruit note sells and how much sugar must be added to the mix; the scent has obviously been made to appeal to a market younger than that of Chance's second flanker Eau Fraiche.

Chanel has made a delicate, pale-hued citrus floral that makes blushing virgins out of both grapefruit and jasmine. Everything has a modest quality to it, from the thin glaze of grapefruit at the top to the
angelic, non-indolic jasmine in the heart. The musk is a perfect oval at the bottom, mostly obfuscating an interrupted amber note. Cedar is a pleasing woody touch until it too is snipped, leaving room only for musk and remnant jasmine. At base level, the fragrance smells synthetic and unfortunately "modern," continuing to blur the line between personal fragrance and airliner lavatory. This is a terrible trend and someone ought to march against it, except that such an organized protest would be futile, since the stuff sells so well.

Surprisingly, the grapefruit note holds quite well and the floral notes do not. Eau Tendre has a brasher counterpart in La Vanilia Vanilla Grapefruit; if you liked the latter, you'll like Eau Tendre. Although Eau Tendre shares little with Chance, it does have (and is not openly admitting) to, the original's vanilla, dabbed through iris. Missing is Chance's sticky patchouli, which, in concert with vanilla, defines Chance for me.

Chanel hasn't reinvented the wheel here, but I am going to offer that they have improved it. Fruity-florals as a rule now seem to be in competition with one another for being the sweetest (Escada, which has the onus of an annual competition with itself), the stickiest, and the muskiest, and here Chanel has shown restraint. You won't want to jab a swizzle stick into Eau Tendre or to pour it over ice cream, but it may leave you baffled as to its birth family.

continued >>

While this fragrance is pleasant, it isn't very unique. To me, it is a dead ringer for Dior Addict Shine. It has a citrusy, grapefruit smell to it. The staying power doesn't seem to be as strong as other Chanel fragrances either. Received a sample but won't be purchasing it.

Very sweet and light scent. Lots of scents trigger migraines and it doesn't bother me at all if I go easy on it. Don't need more than a couple sprays & it lasts all day. It's the only perfume I've worn where someone recognized it & asked me if that's what I was wearing. So if you don't wanna be trendy then maybe pass on this

If you love something with floral scent (just like me), i think you would like the smell of eau tendre. Smells good nice sweet and romantic.

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite scents of all time. It's the perfect every day scent that just goes with everything. If I could assign one word to the scent it'd be spring: light, delicate flowers intermingled with fruit. I can't pick out any one note, but it's a fruity floral that's non-offensive and perfect for work or even a date night. While it is a pretty, girly scent, it's sophisticated enough for mature women to enjoy. Took a lippie off for the high price tag and mediocre lasting power (last days on clothes but only hours on the skin), but I'd still repurchase.

This is really great for the office and every day life, running errands and church. Feminine, fresh, clean, pretty- who doesn't like it? I truly enjoy it but it is not quite original enough to be "my "scent.....so I would probably not wear it on vacation or around the house. I do love it, but it expresses the public me, not the private me. Unlikely I would repurchase as I am in my 50's and don't expect to run out of it. Retirement will see me wearing bolder fragrances.

Popular Fragrances