MAC Cosmetics Blush Ombre - Ripe Peach [DISCONTINUED]

ripe peachMAC Ripe Peach Blush OmbrePeach Nuance vs Ripe Peach

4.2

sex

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have given this blusher a 4 partly, I must admit, because of its 'covetability' - by the time I managed to get hold of a Selfridges MAC MA on the phone and ask to have one put by, most MAC counters in London had sold out and everyone was going crazy for it online. Not the best reason to buy something without trying it first, but I figured I can always sell it on as there are a lot of women out there who want to get their hands on one! I am going to keep it though, as it IS a very, very nice blusher. It is quite pigmented, with a touch of sparkle in the pan that translates to a glowing sheen on the cheeks with no shimmer, which I like, and it is a very 'lifting' colour, perfect for the morning after. It looks nice on my medium skin and my mother's pale complexion. It applies and blends well, and is quite buildable. However, if it were not for the sell-out factor and the fact that it looks so great on my dressing table (in the pan, the gradiating colour makes it actually look like a peach!) I wouldn't have spent 19.50 on it. It is VERY nice but not amazing, and not worth this much hype. I prefer Nars Orgasm for it's slightly pinkier pop, and I think I will use the coral pink side of Ripe Peach more than the true peach center or yellow side anyway. I think it is pretty, and will suit a wide range of complexions but don't go crazy trying to get hold of one! A more gorgeous LE item in these recent MAC collections is the Sun & Moon mineralize blush from the Too Fabulous collection. Now that, is something special - will write a review on it soon but all I can say is, you don't often brush on a blush and think 'wow!' Anyway, Ripe Peach is lovely and it's always interesting when something comes along and gets so many people talking and mass purchasing in the beauty world. I wouldn't purchase it again but I am glad to have it in my collection.

on 3/10/2010 1:21:00 AM

This is a nice blush, but I personally feel that it is overrated. I would have passed on it, but my boyfriend bought it for me. It looks good on my NC30 skin, but it doesn't really impress me for the price. I also don't enjoy the gradient of color because I just feel paranoid about having the shade looking uneven on each cheek. It seems somewhat generic, but it would work well on light-medium skin in both pink and yellow tones.

on 3/10/2010 12:57:00 AM

Yes, this blush is beautiful!!! I am soo glad that i went to the free standing mac the first day and snag this blush because it sold out just like that! however, i am an NC25 in mac and this color looks amazing on my cheeks after i apply a contour shade. Hopefully mac will come out with permanent ombre blushes!=)

on 3/9/2010 11:58:00 PM

this is such a pretty blush. im nw15 in macs foundations and it shows up nicely on my skin. its such a natural color, and it looks good everytime i apply it :) i love this blush! so pretty!!

I was lucky enough to snag this online before it sold out and I'm so glad I did! Bought with the mentality of "if this is too orange on me, I can always return it," I was pleasantly surprised to find that this gave me a summery glow! I'm an NW20, so I pair it with a touch of bronzer and I have a nice, natural flush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Ripe Peach.Its so beautiful,its easy to see why its so coveted.The pinky peach tones are perfect for spring/summer,it warms up my skin perfectly (nc20),and adds a nice finish.Its looks pretty when I use this in conjunction w/Benefit Sugarbomb,another fave blush.I pair it with Richer,Lusher Cremesheen glass and and Creme cup lipstick..ripe peach=love at 1st sight <3

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I love this blush! It is like having two blushes in one! I wish I would've bought more of this blush before it sold out. When I went back to the MAC counter to buy another one a week later, the MUA told me it was sold out, but gave me a little tip. She said that Estee Lauder's Signature Blush in Peach Nuance is the same color as Mac's Ripe Peach Blush Ombre. It is in the same price range as the sold out MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre, but it appears smaller. When I looked for that blush on the Estee Lauder's website, it was also sold out! The great thing about the Estee Lauder's blush in Peach Nuance is it isn't limited edition, so you will probably be able to get it eventually.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this blush! It's beautiful to look at, on skin and in the pan! I am quite fair so this works really well on me without looking too obvious. Also, if you apply it so you get the 'ombre' effect on your cheeks, its really gorgeous :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This has excellent pigmentation and stays true to color when applied on the skin. There is a slight shimmer, but nothing obvious or chunky. This is a great everyday blush.

on 3/5/2010 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have a dark complexion (NW 45/NW47), and this blush offers a nice peachy hue. I layer this over Joie De Vivre or Optimistic Orange Cremeblend Blush. Layering brings out the true tone over my deep complexion. I think this color will definitely be a staple for the upcoming spring and summer seasons.