MAC Cosmetics Blush Ombre - Ripe Peach [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

sex

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

At first I did not get the hype of this blush. Great, another peach blush. I purchased it, as it was the perfect color for Spring, but knew I could find a dupe. Nope. No dupe in my collection of blushes. This one is the perfect peach for my medium skintone and really brings out a natural glow. I currently use Benefit Sugarbomb, Nars Orgasm and Superorgasm for peach blush, but like that this one has little shimmer and more peach. I definitely recommend getting this blush for the Spring/Summer.

on 3/14/2010 1:20:00 AM

This product is certainly not worth $70 in ebay, but it's definately worth what you pay MAC for. Here in Taiwan it's about $30 dollars, but I still think it's pretty good because you get SO MUCH product, 9g!! Others have already described the colors so I don't think I need to, it's really not that special. The blush is quite pigmented, which I like because I tend to use a 187SE for blush anyways.
I like how it's a gradient of colors so it can work as 3 different colors. I suppose if you are good at it. I read how people are worried about getting different colors on both cheeks when they do that so here how I do it:
1. Take a smaller brush, like The Balm Baby Kabuki or the 187SE (the SE is a tad smaller in diameter than the regular), or 188.
2. Place your brush at a right angle to the blush on the area you want your color, and spin the brush on the blush. This way, you won't get more peach or coral on one side. Just twirl in one place, don't swipe or swirl.
Conclusion: Because I'm still a newbie compared to the experienced MUAers here, I don't have anything like it. However, although it looks cool, all of the colors in there are really not that unique and can probably be easily duped. For me it's selling point is that I can swirl different parts of the blush to get different colors. If you plan on getting it just to swirl all the colors together, you might as well just find a dupe for the swirled together color, rather than risk one cheek being different from the other. I don't have that problem, but I've read that others do.
Oh, and for that reviewer who said it turned orangey reddish on her and she like NARS Deep Throat or Springsheen better, I don't even think they and Ripe Peach are the same color at all. It seem strange to judge them together.
I'm an NC25 Asian.
EDIT: 4/1/10
After using it more, I figured that it smells kinda weird, like soury or something. It's not very obvious by any means at all, most of the time I don't smell it at all. But once it a while if I swirl my brush hard and fast, and little blush particles enter my nose, I can smell it. It's so weird becuase non of my other MAC blushes do this. I wish it didn't smell like that but it's not strong enough to make a difference to my mu life. no lippies off.

on 3/13/2010 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I HATE this product!!!! I mean truly HATE this...I cannot believe I spent my hard earned $$ on this crap! It doesn't work w/my skin-tone or anyone else in my family! I'm so upset about this purchase! The $25 MC price is enough to make anyone question the $. Ebay saying this is worth $69+ is just CRAZY!!!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

The price tag on this is so steep, but i love how this peachy-pink blush looks on my nc30 skin. This blush is so unique. It actually goes chameleon on your cheeks. You never know what color your cheeks will look from one minute to the next. Every angle looks different from the one before or the one next. Its very illuminating and gives a subtle glow to the skin when applied. My husband asks me if im wearing my "magic cheeks" when i put this on. He says he likes the way the color shifts in the light when i move my face around. He thinks its really neat and pretty (his words) ide say, if you want magic cheeks like mine, try this. I love it. Also heard EL has a dupe for this called peach nusense for 1/2 the price. Hope this helps guys and dolls

This is WAY over-hyped IMO!!!! I mean come on...I can find the same dupe for far less money w/o really trying! I love MAC...but sometimes they just get profit for the NAME and NOT the quality or color of product! I've been a prof. MU artist for many years and I've seen many things... MAC really does mislead allot of its products.

I am a NC 25 and this color on me is OK. This product really caught my eye because it is so unique. I thought this would technically save my money (silly me!) because it could product different hues of color. Unfortunately, if I apply it inconsistantly, each cheek is a different shade of peach/pink. If you were unable to purchase it, don't feel too bad. EL has a dupe of it. Finally, I would certainly NOT pay $60 + shipping for it.

on 3/13/2010 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is gorgeous, but do not pay $60 for Ripe Peach on eBay....seriously, ESTEE LAUDER PEACH NUANCE is the exact same color! It is $26.00 and I just picked one up at Nordie's. If you were loving Ripe Peach but missed out, check out Nordstrom for EL Peach Nuance - it's in stock right now.
EDIT: I felt compelled to give an update. Sadly, Peach Nuance is not the exact same color as Ripe Peach. I went by my MAC counter to pick up my LOL stuff the other day and swatched Ripe Peach next to Peach Nuance and there is a slight difference. The gradient in PN starts lighter and is less gradual (goes from yellow to coral with very little in between). It is still a good dupe if you couldn't get RP but not exactly the same.

on 3/12/2010 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been reaching out to this product almost everyday after I purchased it. I am NC30/Chanel Medium Beige/MUFE 12O, this blush shows up on me as pinkie/peachie/luminating color. I love it and highly recommend this!

Big compact. Love the gradiation of color from yellow ,peach then to corally pink. Swirled together I get a pretty peachy pink color. Very buildable.I am fairly light in BE ,buff in revlon colorstay and ecru in carmindyfor reference.In the pan I have to look closely to see any shimmer and on my face I barely see any and when I say donot like a ton shimmer ,I mean it.I like a nice healthy glow and this blush delivers!!

on 3/11/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Ok so I managed to get a sales assistant at Mac to hold one of these for me on the day of the release.

It is a nice blush, it's just a bit overhyped I think. In the pan it doesn't look like anything else I have ever seen (but now I am hearing that Estee Lauder do an exact dupe!) so I can see the why everyone was obsessing over it.

I am NC37 and this didn't show up particularly well on me, it gives me a bit of colour and it does give a lovely sheen to my skin.

However, on my mum who is lighter than me (and blonde, I'm brunette) NC30, it looked amazing! It showed up a lot deeper on her and gave her a lovely coral/bronze look.